Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushyMan
My Tek
    #1353628 - 03/06/03 01:12 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

GRAMMER IN NOT CORRECT, JUST A FORE WARNING!!!

Materials Needed
-------------------------
1. Vermiculate
2. Brown Rice Flour
3. Any Sort Of Metal Container (example: Tuna Can, Soup Can, Cake Pan, Roasting Pan) Basically it?s has to be able to go into the oven.
4. 2 Gallon ZipLock Bag
5. Medical Tape
6. Tin Foil
7. Some sort of disinfectint spray. (example: Lysol Spray, 10%/90% Bleach/Water)
8. Paper Towel
9. Spore/Mycelium Syringe

Procedure
-------------------------

Step 1.) Take your 2 gallon ziplock and spray the inside with disinfectent. Take your paper towel and spary it to with disinfectent spary untell fairly damp. Use the paper towel to wipe down the outside of the ziplock don?t be to picky. Then place the damp paper towel into the ziplock and seal the bag, but also don?t forget when sealing the bag to take all the air out of the bag as you can. Now just set the bag to the side on a sterile table or surface for now, we don?t need it just yet.

Step 2.) Now you need to mix up your vermiculate and brown rice flour. Its hard to judge how much you need for the size of your container, so I just make a even mix of 2 Cups Vermiculate,1 Cups Brown rice flour, and 1 Cup of water. This may be to much for the dish you may be using or it may be to little I just use as much as I can, and if I need more I mix up another batch with the same amount. Having leftovers isn?t the end of the world, and if you want just use the left overs in a smaller container.

Step 3.) Once you finshed mixing the Vermiculate simply add it to the container you are using. In this procedure I?m going to use a large tomato tin can. Once the can in about 3/4 full cover the can with tin foil and bake it in the oven at 275 Degrees for 1 hour. When your done baking the substrate take it out of the oven leaving the tin foil on allow it to cool fully.

Step 4.) Once the container is completely cool take your ziplock bag and remove the paper toweling. Now in a clean sterile place first remove the tin foil then quickly transfer the container to the ziplock and seal the bag. Now the container should be in a compeletly sterile home.

Step 5.) Now take your medical tape and set it close to you but on the side. Once again dampen a paper towel with disinfectent spray and clean the surface of the bag where you will be injecting the spores. Once the spot is clean and sterile, plus dry place a peiece of medical tape over the spot or spots on the bag where you will be injecting the spores. The tape helps us find the holes the syringe made and also helps the syringe get into the bag nice and easy. Once this is done prcede with injecting the spores. Once done with that place tape over the old tape and hole.

Step 6.) Now your done put the ziplock into a black garbage bag a let nature takes it course. Once fruiting time comes look up how to make a fruiting chamber.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: My Tek [Re: MushyMan]
    #1353633 - 03/06/03 01:17 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

pics?

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #1353634 - 03/06/03 01:17 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

double posted without relizing it.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Edited by jtseaweed (03/06/03 01:19 AM)

OfflineMushyMan
    #1353635 - 03/06/03 01:19 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Pics will come, I just didnt know I could put them into the post.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Trusted Cultivator
    #1353637 - 03/06/03 01:20 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

You call that a bulk tek? Sorry but I don't consider anything involving only brown rice flour and vermiculite bulk. I don't understand all the steps,it seems too complicated and unneccessary. Why not just put the substrate into jars and sterilize? What's with all the changing of containers, this would increase chances for contamination by a lot. You're making a very simple process confusing.

--------------------

OfflineMushyMan
    #1353641 - 03/06/03 01:22 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Well I call it bulk because I use a big baking pan full of substrate and when it is time to fruit, I take the cake out of the pan and it makes alot of fruits, and the jars dont make anywhere near as many fruits and this tek. Plus not everyone has a P/C but i do.

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: My Tek [Re: Shroomism]
    #1353642 - 03/06/03 01:26 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

there wasnt too many container changes. this is like another big cake tek. (flat cake)

not bad, but nothing to write home about. good idea man.

if i am not mistaken i think i saw one of your 'bulk' cakes somewhere on this forum fruiting. if not, it was someone else with a similar idea.

not bad man.

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Trusted Cultivator
    #1353645 - 03/06/03 01:27 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Bulk means using a bulk substrate.. like dung.. straw..worm castings...etc..
Plus you don't need a PC to cook PF style jars, you just need a pot of water. Transferring the sterilized substrate to another container opens the door and increases the odds of contamination by tenfold.

--------------------

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: My Tek [Re: Shroomism]
    #1353649 - 03/06/03 01:30 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

dude, i think you misread, or maybe i did. but the ziplock just goes around the tin. he doesnt move the substrate. so i guess it is just a 'protective' layer, not necessary, but you can never be too careful  :smile:

good luck man.

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: My Tek [Re: mike]
    #1353696 - 03/06/03 02:14 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

So the substrate is in a tin, the tin is in the bag, and you have to inoculate the substrate with a syringe - quite fiddly don't ya think?

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1353784 - 03/06/03 03:23 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

>bake it in the oven at 275 Degrees for 1 hour
this would dry out the substrate ! are you making a brick ? :confused: 

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: My Tek [Re: Jackal]
    #1353788 - 03/06/03 03:24 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

fiddly, i am not sure what you mean, but i mean it is covered with tin foil. you could (IMO) prolly get away without the zip lock, and just use a double layer of tin foil.

that wouldnt be too bad.

eatualive(i thjink), has a method you might be interested in. it consists of taking one fully colonized cake, and mixing it up with two uncolonized cakes (sterilized) all in a big zip lock with about six holes poked in the top near the seal for air exchange. (set in incubator till colonoized)

personally i think that is a better way of going about the big cake thing, as using mycelium makes for quicker colonisation and less chance for contams then sore water.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: My Tek [Re: mike]
    #1354126 - 03/06/03 06:03 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

If i ate 3 cups of brown rice flour 6 cups of verm and drank 3 cups of water and drink 20cc spores and took a dump in a rubbermaid would this be a bulk tek?

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: My Tek [Re: PooGrower]
    #1354161 - 03/06/03 06:21 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

problems:

1- the ripples on the can will make it hard to take out as a complete cake

2- you can't see thru it, if you got a contam

3- how do you know when it's done colonizing??? you can't see thru it?

4- rust

5- oven + heat = dry dry dry

6- there are better teks out there.. sorry!!! try again!

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #1354162 - 03/06/03 06:22 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Maybe if you had 10 friends do it with you.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: My Tek [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #1354164 - 03/06/03 06:23 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

cool ill try to get 5 and well shit twice

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
    #1354176 - 03/06/03 06:26 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

or

2 friends.. and lots of X-Lax  :smile:

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom