Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Ethno plants that like the cold?
    #1350467 - 03/04/03 03:31 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Hey all...
I recently moved towns to a different part of the country. The city I'm in now is already getting a little chilly and in winter I hear it even gets a little bit of snowfall. I left all my cacti and other warmth and sun loving plants back in the other place with some friends lookin after them. I was just wondering what psychoactive plants there are that like to grow in a colder climate? I am annoyed that most of them enjoy tropical conditions!
Actually, I have a theory that there is actually a lot more undiscovered psychoactive plants in the temperate / colder regions of the planet, because humans have inhabited these areas for less time and there might not be a cultural tradition of using the plants yet. I live in New Zealand and I haven't come across ANY info on any native psychoactive plants we may have here, except one brief reference to a native plant with effects similar to datura, which apparently the maori (natives) feared, they are one of the few cultures in the world to not use psychoactive plants historically.
Any help with some plants that I can still grow here would be great :smile: On the up side, in a month or two this place is gonna be shrooms galore! Ps. Subaeruginosa and variants, as well as Liberty caps. Woo hoo!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Ethno plants that like the cold? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1350890 - 03/04/03 07:09 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

amantis loves cold weather. also jsut grow indoors :/

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
    #1353285 - 03/05/03 06:18 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I said plants, not fungus. I know shrooms grow here, there are lots and lots and lots of them! And I can't really grow indoors, this place doesn't get much good quality sunlight so I would have to use lights & heaters which I can't afford to buy and run at the present time...though I would love to!
So does anyone know any other psychoactive plants that are resistant to colder climates?
One that I know of is Opium Poppy. Apparently it actually requires a good temperature drop or snow in order to germinate properly!

Anonymous

#1353333 - 03/05/03 07:18 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

peoty grows fine indoors without lights

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1354443 - 03/06/03 07:59 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Hmm....desmanthus illinoiensis tolerates cold (i think to -10 F....USA zone 5) some datura will also come back after winter....my D. inoxia has shown itself strong enough to tolerate my ohio winter anyway........... i know there are a few others....i will get back to you.......

hehe, dont it suck living in a cold climate :P :laugh: 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Ethno plants that like the cold? [Re: DazedSol]
    #1354561 - 03/06/03 08:45 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

nah winter is good too :laugh: but not that much as other three

gumbydude: j00 LIKK maXX T0aDZZZ ! JOO POO EatZ! LOLZ

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Ethno plants that like the cold? [Re: T0aD]
    #1354950 - 03/06/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Ermm.. T0aD wtf?

You could try growing a tobacco tree. I read they can handle down to 15?F

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Ethno plants that like the cold? [Re: Gumby]
    #1355870 - 03/07/03 12:11 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds