Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1528974 - 05/07/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

But is that illegal? Certainly providing a legal plant (which can be obtained at any home supply store) along with information that covers the said plants' psychoactivity is protected by the 1st Amendment.

The authorities certainly would be watching for the vendor to slip up and sell illegal preparations/extracts/etc. But simply selling legal cacti along with information should, in theory, be safe.

Just curious...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWahoo
Cap'n
Loc: right behind you
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: User Exists]
    #1529053 - 05/07/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Once, a long time ago (several years) the idea of a Shroomery magazine was kicked around. It probably has come up a couple times since then too. The big problems that were brought up then were that nobody wanted to actually have their names and addresses on such a publication's mailing list and everyone seemed to think original material would be hard to come up with after a year or so. The argument about the good material is debatable, but the list issue I think is a valid point. Maybe a poll to see if opinions have changed on this?

Just to keep this constructive, I'd buy all my supplies from a shroomery store. I buy 90% of my stuff online anyway. I'm lazy.

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Wahoo]
    #1529352 - 05/07/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^^^^^
what if this shroomery magazine only pretained to 'legal' shroomies?

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: iglou]
    #1529415 - 05/07/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Selling pipes is legal, selling the same pipes as pot pipes is not. Selling a plant that contains a controlled substance, and giving out information on how to use it that way would be at least a sale of (manufacturing) paraphernelia charge, possibly conspiracy to manufacture.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinemycophat
    #1530690 - 05/08/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I still like my "shroomery digest" magazine idea. And think there would be more then enough info both on site and what people could offer to contribute to keep it going for a long time to come if edited and published correctly. All they would have to do is take the best questions,advice,grow log pics,mush hunting,and contamination posts and form those into the magazine itself. Why not use what you already have? And they could have random "field" reports,news (drug related) contests,etc. I have already seen a lot of posts agreeing with me and they also would buy the mag. So how about that poll?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: mycophat]
    #1532298 - 05/08/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've been talking about it in the mod forum.

I think we should find 3-4 volunteers to go to a semi-famous haunted house, and spend the night tripping there.

That would make a great article.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinemycophat
    #1532453 - 05/08/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Oh hell yeah that would rock."Trips in high Places"Hmmmm......Maybe you could find a way to make most articles "spoofs" or plays on words. Hold mini gatherings in different states and do something fun like that as a group then tell all us eagerly waiting readers in the next months issue....I cant wait....I really hope this happens. :grin:

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: User Exists]
    #1541323 - 05/12/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just out of curiosity, how does the advertising here work? I know that alot of places have banners, and if you click that banner, the company it links to can track where that click came from, and where the sale came from. Do shroomery advertisers pay a lump sum per month, or is it based on the amount of traffic/sales generated by advertising here? I was thinking, if the advertisers pay more due to increased traffic, we should all go to their pages from the shroomery. I've orderd a few hundred dollras worth of stuff from BBear before, but I never go to their page FROM this page, so I was hoping I didn't take any potential profit away from the shroomery :-)

Just kurious :0
Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: mycophat]
    #1541330 - 05/12/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

As for the shroomery digest, with todays technology, that'd be pretty easy to do.  It wouldn't have to bound like a magazine, at least not up front.  Make it in adobe pdf maker, print it out in color, staple it in the corner, mail, and it's done.  I'd pay for a subscription to that :smile:

Especially if it did pertain to growing shrooms.  As long as they didn't sell anything spore-related, they'd be straight.  Also, you could charge more for advertising in a magazine, and more companies (possibly?) would be inclined to advert there.

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1542514 - 05/12/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

that is a horrible idea baby hittler, the setting would almost certainly cause a bad nightmare trip.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1544002 - 05/13/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1544300 - 05/13/03 04:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

As for the shroomery digest, with todays technology, that'd be pretty easy to do.  It wouldn't have to bound like a magazine, at least not up front.  Make it in adobe pdf maker, print it out in color, staple it in the corner, mail, and it's done.  I'd pay for a subscription to that :smile:
Jr 

that would break them for sure....why not PDF and send it to email....then you can print it out and the cost would be lower and trees would be safe once again

P#1 

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1545277 - 05/13/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think a journal is a good idea, however it needs some seriously dedicated volunteers to get going. We tried to start a shroomery newsletter a few times and it never went anywhere even though we had a good number of people 'contributing.'

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1545326 - 05/13/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Please don't use PAYPAL to accept donations... Goddamn, that thing is just one hassle after another.

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies