Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNFNF
omghi2u
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: mycophat]
    #1498867 - 04/27/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There's a big difference between selling glass pipes and selling a tshirt that says "420" or "magic mushrooms"

Thank you 1st amendment.

--------------------
sup d00dz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemycophat
    #1499349 - 04/27/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Heh..heh....just thought of this it (being the above mentioned Shroomery Digest) could even end up as the "High Times" of the mushroom world and perhaps if they dont jump on this idea I will see if I can find someone interested in making it happen.

Offlinemycophat
    #1501224 - 04/28/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

NFNF please read the post in Shroomery news named:"Warrant explains Pandora's Box raid " And you will understand that the 1st amendment aint exactly what it used to be.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1501901 - 04/28/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The T-Shirts were used as evidence to support thier claim that the pipes they found were drug paraphernalia.

The shirts themselves are not.

If the Shroomery sold prints, and also was a source of information for cultivating, then the sporeprints would be drug paraphernelia.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineNFNF
omghi2u
    #1501978 - 04/28/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NFNF please read the post in Shroomery news named:"Warrant explains Pandora's Box raid " And you will understand that the 1st amendment aint exactly what it used to be.

"An agreement to order a pipe for smoking marijuana"

like i said, selling somebody a pipe for the express reason of smoking weed is NOT the same as selling a shirt.

--------------------
sup d00dz

Offlinemycophat
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: NFNF]
    #1504718 - 04/29/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok my bad I had either misread or misinterpeted what I read you guys are correct.

Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
    #1508190 - 04/30/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno about the shirt selling idea, most (enough to support this site anyway) wont want people publically knowing about their mushroom obsession. What about setting something up at concerts, or even advertising at concerts..it wont be enough but it can help...and hell if there was one in my area i would volunteer to help, we can sell cookies or somthin. No but seriously i agree with mycophat a magazine subscription could work too

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1508195 - 04/30/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I was going to start a spore business a long time ago if that helps. I already have finished the website infact. Perhaps I can help sell more syringes if that is any help. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. I am sure we will pull through once again!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Hippie3]
    #1510337 - 05/01/03 02:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

raffles can make good money.
we raised $1000 at mycotopia last october in one,
paid our server bills for a year with extra left.
a site as large as shroomery could undoubtedly make much more.

The cool part is....edible cultures, various dificult to find accessories or items...any number of things can be used as a prize...a couple of prizes maks for more appeal...get 3 chances as opposed to 1....

maybe its time for a survey.....

P#1

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Alien]
    #1516385 - 05/03/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure that with the brains that are running this site, the shroomery could sell all mycology related products BUT NO SPORES and still be legit.  I'd order everything I could from you guys. I'd even pay like 5$ a bottle for hydrogen peroxide :wink: If you ever need any donations let me know and i'll do all I can.  i'd fucking shit if I didn't have you guys to turn to for questions, and to flame for your politics :smile:

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1516399 - 05/03/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If every person that thought they got some good knowledge from here sold an eigth to a friend for 20$ and mailed that in, we'd be doin fine :smile:

if It was an eighth per flush, you guys would have too much money, be like thoe guys in BLOW with boxes full of it :smile:

jR

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Offlinepeeko
poop
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Legoulash]
    #1517898 - 05/03/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I like these ideas, too. the shroomery should have some sort of "shroomery times" like high times, know what I mean? I mean not called shroomery times but a mushroom magazine for shroomers like high times is for potheads. know what I'm sayin. I'd pay for shroomery books, too. those'd be neat..

Offlinepeeko
poop
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1517905 - 05/03/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

oh and I also think that it would be good if the shroomery sold mycology related products (not spores) like other people said, especially the jars and other stuff some people can't get. if they sold empty syringes too that would be good. they should also sell edible mushrooms spores, I want to start an edible mushroom garden soon anyway :grin: 

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1518019 - 05/03/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I could never condone sale of a substance....I have always felt it was to great od a risk, not in getting caugh but in what you stand to loose...and never fool yourself into believing you wont get caught....only the lucky one dont....my friend recently found a wireless microphone in his house....he sells weed...or used to, but he discovered that neighbors called about him refering to large amounts of traffic...and it turns out that a person they never would have suspected is working for the man....

always for personal use and never an excess....

P#1

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1525482 - 05/06/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

a related question concerning the legalities of being a vendor:

Suppose someone were to set-up a website that collected knowledge about psychoactive succlents (San Pedro for example). There were FAQs and preparation recipes as well as plenty of general cacti (non-psychoactive) cultivation tips.

In order to keep the site afloat, they sold San Pedro via their website store.

Would there be any legal issues at hand? Would the DEA knock on this person's door?

Just curious.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: peeko]
    #1526771 - 05/07/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I like these ideas, too. the shroomery should have some sort of "shroomery times" like high times, know what I mean? I mean not called shroomery times but a mushroom magazine for shroomers like high times is for potheads. know what I'm sayin. I'd pay for shroomery books, too. those'd be neat..

Actually, that sounds like a great idea! I would love to help write articles and help publish the magazine. We have many smart minds at the Shroomery and could make this come together.

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1526775 - 05/07/03 02:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Legoulash]
    #1528330 - 05/07/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

just a general reply...

why not have all access to the shroomery be free except the off-topic forums?

IE the pub, garden, marketplace, political S&P etc. all the die hards hang out in these places, the people who don't care enough to pay some money can be found in greater concentrations over in cult and such.

i understand that donations/subscriptions alone wouldn't quite cut it, however. so i think the raffles would also be a good idea, perhaps have them as often as the admins determined was profitable and worthwhile.

another thing i'm tentetive about is the move to canada. doesn't the financial stabilty of the shroomery come first? maybe we should worry about the canada thing once the more immediate problems are smoothed out.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Edited by zandorf (05/07/03 05:44 PM)

OfflineUser Exists
Lost again

Loc: The sticks
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1528340 - 05/07/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I love the idea of a shroomery magazine. I would take a subscription.

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious;
it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of
true art and true science.
-Albert Einstein

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: iglou]
    #1528378 - 05/07/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

THey would be pushing their luck.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules