Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Alien]
    #1394142 - 03/20/03 04:02 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

ok, please don't flame me for this, but I do enjoy the site and I would probably send money to keep this website going. However, since a few vendors have left, this can only mean more business for current vendors that aren't leaving. They would be making more money, thus can send more money to the shroomery. I know its not a nice thing to say, but would it work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: daussaulit]
    #1394701 - 03/20/03 06:59 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

I wouldn't pay to use this site, but the t-shirts, rafel, etc. all seem like good ideas. I also support moving the server to canada and although would not pay for a membership would donate for such a move or to help the shroomery if they need it.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinechillywilly
Eat well - Diethome
Male
Loc: 49 th State
    #1482731 - 04/22/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have read this posting and will offer my 2 cents worth. I see that the Free spore rings all ask for a dollar as a handling charge which is very reasonable, why not up it to 2 dollars and have the extra buck flow back to Shroomery?

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: chillywilly]
    #1483030 - 04/22/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

To be perfectly honest things like T-shirts etc are not much money for the shroomery. Say each shirt made $5 for the shroomery; then you would need to sell at least 100 a month to just pay the bills.

Raffles are a good idea, maybe have one or two a year to help the shroomery buy upgrades to the server and various misc expenses that a big site like this faces.

Donations are a non issue since they are a dismal failure in supporting any websites.

I think unless there is something totally radical in thinking that comes up; the shroomery would have to rely on advertising and maybe occasional raffles to keep it going.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Thor]
    #1484194 - 04/22/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How about you get us shroomerites to send 1 print every 6 months to use this site. or find a way to get a steady supply of prints. The site itself could sell spore syringes and make the money. Why not make a shroomery spore vendor? Who would do it? Or am I stoned and this is bad idea?

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: resin]
    #1485189 - 04/23/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Considering spore vendors in the us are being shut down, i would say its a bad idear.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1485262 - 04/23/03 04:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

your stoned....Combinations of things are ideal...private contributions can play a vital role, as well as from vendors. the donation/banner may not help greatly for the monthly sales figures, but what does is relationships you can build with a vendor on a one to one level.

Raffles and the like can help, say 1 dollar entry for a chance at a syringe donated by one of the vendors, a bag of grain or 10 spawn bags...any thing that will increase revenue...I have 4 cases of petri dishes and 10kg of agar, I could misplace some in the direction of the shroomery in an effort to aid in funding. and possibly even write it off on taxes.

Merchandising could also...like a t-shirt, with a molecule of psilicybin, several variations, one hand drawn as it wouild have been in a researchers journal, a 3d version.....place a caption on it like...'it's time to meet my little friend'.....peopel would wonder and with a little well placed marketing, you could see sales sky rocket...just make sure the pics arent under copyright and slap a little shroomery.org label at the bottom....wakling billboards

I donated $100 to the Phil Zimmerman defense fund, I was given a really cool tshirt with the RSA algorithm that gave a warning about imprisonment for reading the shirt....it was cool and every one wanted one

I got tons of ideas...I gotta keep some for myself though....I' still trying to work at the multimillionare status....not there yet...but when I break the $50 mark....I know I'm on my way...

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1485297 - 04/23/03 04:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That's how they got PF.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1485364 - 04/23/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

certainly making the shroomery a pay site will deter new comers, however!

knowledge of the sacred mushroom spreads fast through word of mouth and even though the advantage of people drifting into the shroomery may be gone, perhaps somehow word of the shroomery being legit and worthwhile to pay for will spread fast through word of mouth as well.

i would pay a yearly fee for the non-stop flow of info and support i get from this site. Look at those MMORPG's, i used to play the realm and it was 50$ a year, for a 2d rpg game that allowed me to chat and interact with people in a fantasy land, 50 bucks a year for something I CAN'T apply to my daily life, something not nearly as worthwhile as the shroomery.

maybe slowed traffic wouldn't be so bad, it may reduce the risk of some concerned parent stumbling into this site and "doing the right thing" by going public and/or reporting it to the authorities. I wouldn't doubt if it has already happened.

I activly recruit people to this undergroud "scene" if you will, and i teach people one on one how to do it all, and in turn i have seen them do the same,

regardless survival is #1 at this point.

-odh-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: ODhaze]
    #1488756 - 04/24/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

raffles can make good money.
we raised $1000 at mycotopia last october in one,
paid our server bills for a year with extra left.
a site as large as shroomery could undoubtedly make much more.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineRed_White_and_Brainwashed
Viva larevalution

Loc: Where the ones are always...
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Hippie3]
    #1493593 - 04/25/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't read the entire post so forgive me if this has been mentioned...but. If we have non-myco related advertising will this bring unwanted attention to the shroomery? I don't think it's a good idea to give anyone outside of the drug culture a reason to be here.

Thanks,

--------------------
Behold the power of Sponch!

Offlinepsyl0
glasshole

Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Red_White_and_Brainwashed]
    #1493735 - 04/25/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i just couldn't believe it when i found this site, it's the best resource available. i'd be willing to pay for it. maybe, to not deter any newbies, there could be a a very small fee for trial access to the site, like 2-5 days or something. i personally would be willing to donate to this site to keep it going. payment would be tricky though, because then there would be records somewhere of (real) names, e-mail addys, and street addresses. i also think moving it onto canadian servers would be in the best interest. as i recently shut down my website selling glass pipes now that ASScroft is around.

--------------------

Offlinemycophat
    #1495339 - 04/26/03 04:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sell shrooms and sporeprints but only the edible kind. Nothing illegal about that or gather all or most of the collective knowlage and sell the Shroomery Ebook guide to magic mushrooms and give credit to the people who first made the posts that you used such as Chapter1 PF TEK and how it all began,Chapter 2 Hippie3 and the magic of invitro,Chapter4 Chronic007's Quart jar terranium TEK ,etc. there should be more than enough info here for at least one good book and alot of new things have come to light since Stamets last book I believe. Who knows enough "heads" out there buy it and it gets best seller and maybe the public wont be so hard on places like this then again maybe not....lol

just my 2 pennies

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: mycophat]
    #1495595 - 04/26/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I like the idea about improving the Shroomery's store. There should be more suvineer type stuff. Even maybe good trip cds with recomendations from shroomites.

They could carry mycology equipment too. No spores or anything just supplies.

Offlinemycophat
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1496015 - 04/26/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Also just remember if you are going to sell t-shirts mugs or other products like that then they cannot have pictures of "Magic" mushrooms or any reference to drugs such as 420,or pics of pot leafs, because then they can get you for drug perafanaillia (sp?..lol) in the U.S. and get there foot in the door so to speak and possibly add more charges to there list.

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1496185 - 04/26/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The Shroomery gets tons of traffic. I'm sure there are alot of businesses that would like to advertize here. Also, Shroomery merchantice like hoodies, T-shirts, and whatnot could also bring in money. I don't see why a website that gets as much traffic and has so many long-time members could have trouble finding funding.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1496393 - 04/26/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not true. "Paraphernelia" consists ONLY of items that can be used to manufacture, ingest, or conceal drugs.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

#1497409 - 04/27/03 05:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'd definately buy a big Shroomery book which contained all the information from the website inside. But it'd have to be a hardback/softback as I'm not too keen on E-books :smile:
Good idea IMO mycophat.

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Offlinemycophat
Re: Ideas to keep the Shroomery alive and going [Re: Nirvana]
    #1497820 - 04/27/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

{Baby Hitler} Sorry but if you would be so kind as to read
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=News&Number=1454481&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Then you would see exactly what I am talking about. Fact of the matter is that the DEA and the U.S. Government are grasping at straws and will use any technicality to get an arrest.

{Nirvana} Thanks I too would gladly pay my $20 for a copy of either a hard copy book or maybe even a subscription to the "Shroomery Digest" so I guess they could do it three ways now 1) E-Book,2) soft cover book 3)monthly or annualy published (either online or preferably hard copy) "NewsLetter" or "Digest" (kinda like the ol'Farmers Almanac) All of wich could use "user" submitted pics,questions,art,mushroom hunting stories,possibly even "local" mushroom hunting conditions and reports submitted by readers,tips,and if they found it profitable they could even hold contests with spore PRINT prizes. Heck this could be the "next big thing" to the mushroom world and in printed form may be covered under "freedom of speech" as long as they do not keep records of the true names and address's of submiters.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1498527 - 04/27/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I like the idea of a subscription to the "Shroomery Digest".. Aswell as the books(real books) .. Also whatever happend to the old hoodys?? I wasnt around back then but i realy like teh logo on those.. The new stuff at "dancecafe" isnt realy that nice(I like the mouse pad) But those hoodys looked great !

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale