Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRichy
Stranger
alcohol extractions
    #1345401 - 03/01/03 04:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

high everyone...im new to this, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.

upon finding some shrooms near a felled tree (looks like cubensis) i began thinkin about alcohol extractions. when we use alcohol on the dried (and powdered if you like) psilocybe shrooms, the alcohol will, with proper shakin and stirring extract the psilocybin chemical. ingest the alcohol, and the psilocybin will take effect...BLAH BLAH you people know this...i was curious to know, if infact those shrooms i have found were poisonous, would an alcohol extraction (intending to extract the psilocybin) extract the poison, and poison a subject who consumes the extraction alcohol :confused:

thanks a lot!

from

Richy 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: alcohol extractions [Re: Richy]
    #1345431 - 03/01/03 04:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't gone out and specifically looked up all the various mushroom toxins, but I strongly suspect that pretty much all of them would be extracted with the alcohol. So, yes, you would almost certainly be poisoned. I will add that there are some mushroom poisons which only take effect when alcohol is consumed, so you would also be placing yourself at risk of that.

So if you were considering doing this as a way to avoid or reduce the possibility of mushroom poisoning I don't think it'll work.

PS - this thread isn't strictly a Hunting question, but this is also the forum where you're most likely to get information on the general population of mushrooms in the wild, so I'll leave it here. Don't be surprised if another moderator decides to move it to another forum (like General Questions).

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineRichy
Stranger
Re: alcohol extractions [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1345458 - 03/01/03 05:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thanks. how annoying though. when hunting for shrooms, is it true that i should always watch out for white gills? the ones i found were growing next to a felled tree near a creek. i live in melbourne australia and thats where they were found. the actual shrooms were a little dirty perhaps... they had smallish, rounded caps, which were dark around the rims (because of dirt i think) and a pale orangy colour on the tips. sound familiar? i'll grab hold of the shrooms, a digital camera and a sporeprint. i'll do an official ID request then.

thanks

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1345638 - 03/01/03 06:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

White gills (and, especially, all-white mushrooms) are something to be cautious about. The Amanitas are the deadliest mushrooms in the world, and they have white spore prints and almost always white gills. There are lots of other deadly mushrooms with white gills.

Another bad color in general (for eating) is brown, especially rusty brown.

Of course, there is no single characteristic you can use to identify all edible or all poisonous mushrooms. That's why caution is advised for anybody who is thinking about eating mushrooms they have found. There are several knowledgeable people here who will try to help with an ID request. Mostly we ask that you do your part and give us a good a description as you can. If you haven't yet, read the thread at the top of this forum titled "Before you post an ID request, please read this". It will tell you the sorts of things we need to know to identify most mushrooms.

From what you've given so far for a description I can't really guess what they are. There are a lot of kinds of mushrooms which could fit that general description. So try to give us a more detailed description and we'll see what we can do with it.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1345691 - 03/01/03 06:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'll tell you that cubensis will not be growing from a felled tree near a creek. They only will be growing from cow dung.

Possibly the woodloving Psilocybe could be growing there, but, I think its too early in the season for them.

Did it bruise blue?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1345922 - 03/01/03 11:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i just thought i'd stress that the only certain way to be safe is either to id the mushroom to species or not eat it. trying to find easy ways around it will eventualy land you in hot water and that is not a pleasant prospect.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineRichy
Stranger
Re: alcohol extractions [Re: canid]
    #1347444 - 03/02/03 04:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i had no intention to eat it at this point! i know very well that some strains of shrooms may even kill you, and i was goin to wait till i was almost completely sure that they were legitimate, then eat a small amount to test! i checked em again today. i used a plastic bag to pick one of em, and i took a look at the gills. they are most certainly black, and taking a closer look at the caps...although they seem only young, they are slightly arced....sorta like the orange colour of a cubensis, except a little paler perhaps. some are sorta takin an umbrella shape.

from

Richy

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #1347466 - 03/02/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Can you really extract psilocybin with alcohol? I have done this process in making hash but i didnt think it would work for mushrooms.

If it can be done what kind of alcohol do you use, i would imagine it would not be 99% due to the fact that you would have to cook it off and the heat from that would probably destroy a good amount of psilocybin. Any help would be great.

OfflineRichy
Stranger
Re: alcohol extractions [Re: fliped]
    #1347531 - 03/02/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

there is no evaporating necessary! just use a strong grain alcohol, and injest the alcohol to trip! there is a writeup somewhere on the shroomery...just do a search on the home page :smile: 

by the way...about checking for bruises.... what exactly should i do...just throw the fresh shroom cap at the floor and wait a few hours for the bruise to appear?

from

Richy

Edited by Richy (03/02/03 05:59 PM)

Anonymous

#1347532 - 03/02/03 05:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Alcohol evaporates,no need for cooking.Do a search for "extraction" in the "Cultivation" forum and especially in"Advanced Cultivation".

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1347947 - 03/03/03 01:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Any of the common alcohols should work, but you would probably want to select one of the nontoxic ones for obvious reasons. The only one that falls into that category is ethanol.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: alcohol extractions [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1348357 - 03/03/03 05:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the info guys, that is great. I wanna try this with my friends home made moon shine :grin: Well i am gonna go get this stuff together and get at it. 

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1353228 - 03/05/03 05:40 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

hi richy if you are from melbourne look in mulch beds, wood chip beds pine forests and eucalypt forests for Australian wood loving species such as Psilocybe subaeruginosa and Psilocybe australiana my guess is that it would be too hot right now so try when it gets really cold..

OfflineLD50_13grams
Masterseeker

Loc: where am i?
Re: alcohol extractions [Re: mesq]
    #1358200 - 03/08/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

the best for alcohol extractions is 200proof ethanol, most major liquer stores carry it , but in many states it is illegal and you will need to procure a "permissin" slip from your states liquer board. it is drinkable , and you wont have to evaporate it to complete dryness, with methanol you would have to be shure that it is completely dry so that you dont ingest the harmfull chemical.

--------------------
The cow is my mother , for i was not born until i found my home. I was in her womb until i found truth, its a shame that many generations will remain in the womb there entire lifes on this earth , never to learn , never to live.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract