Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Retribution
    #1352770 - 03/05/03 03:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If we were able to watch our world in its entirety I think it would become pretty freaking obvious that earth is very much alive. Humans are cells, or organs w/e, of a much larger being. When we cease to do more good than harm to the earth how do we justify our existence? If we pollute our bodies we actually pollute the earth, but I wonder how many people realize the harm they commit by smoking a pack a day or frequenting fast-food restaraunts. What is even more frightening is that we do it day in and day out without remorse. Driving your car to work, throwing away a lpastic wrapper at lunch, spraying some hair spray to pretty yourself up. Why do we do these things? It is because the consequences are not immediate. And we have been led by society, and all that entails, that it is necessary and acceptable to do these things. We are part of a society that condones the harm of its habitat, its MOTHER. Does anyone foresee reconciliation with her in our future? I cannot imagine the divine cataclysm that awaits us if we do not make amends.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: The Days Between
Re: Retribution [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1352930 - 03/05/03 04:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"One step done and another begun, I wonder how many miles"
But yeah, "one way or another, this darkness got to give."
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this fact, though. I am beginning to believe that it is impossible to exist and not extract a negative toll on the physical world, to some extent. It just irks me that we as a species have the ability to be much more cool about how we interact with our natural world and the resources contained within. When we do attempt to do better, those efforts are never enough for the extreme environmentalists yet still too costly for the robber barons. On the bright side, we have made some admirable efforts to stave off environmental calamity. I have seen many more native birds where I live, than in my youth including herons, eagles and cranes. I believe that we can live in some degree of harmony with nature and in fact this is one of our purposes as creatures that can contemplate our own demise as well as our own salvation.

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Retribution [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1352945 - 03/05/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome post!!! :laugh:

We are so WASTEFUL and destructive to our Mother that it makes me sick!  The human race is really nothing but a virus in my eyes.  This is the main reason why I am "Ashamed to be Human," as my title says.

I have hope, though, that Nature can take care of itself.  I don't really see a divine cataclysm in the future, but I do think that our Mother will (and is) punishing us for our horrible mistakes.  For example, those packs of cigarettes and fast food that you mentioned are causing many people to die early deaths from cancer and heart disease.  I just hope that we will learn from what she teaches us and eventually find a way to live in harmony with the Earth.

I really love that famous speech that Chief Seattle made.  He said we must teach our children that the Earth is their Mother and teach them to give Her the respect that a mother deserves.  He said we are merely strands in the web of life.  That everything on this Earth is interconnected, and anything we do will have an effect on everything else.

You are so right, LoverofEarth!  More people need to realize the consequences of their actions, and more importantly, have remorse for them and try to change some of the things they do.  When I am older and have enough money, it is my goal in life to live SUSTAINABLY in a small house in the middle of the woods, and provide everything I need by myself.

Peace and Love, my fellow Lover of Earth :smile:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology