Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecardiocon
Stranger
Fanaticus Trial is today!?!?
    #1352029 - 03/05/03 07:36 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

To my understanding the trial is today. I was in contact with a person that's close to the family BUT, he left for viva Los Vegas to help form a coalition with the 50 online paraphernalia distributors that you so wrongly busted. They each are placing about 20k each into the pot and getting Cochran to represent them.

We'll see.

Anyway, has anyone heard something about the trial yet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: cardiocon]
    #1352047 - 03/05/03 07:49 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

I'm not sure when his trial is.
I haven't heard anything on that yet.

PF did post over at Mycotopia yesterday.
Here is his post :

---------------------------------------------------------
By Fanaticus (Fanaticus) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 07:27 pm: Edit

This is PROF PF. I got out of jail last wednesday FEB 26 (6 days ago). I am sending this message from the Hoquiam library. The federal agents took my computer.

On FEB 18, at 7 am I was visited by the D.E.A. - the F.B.I. - Grays county police - Olympic National park rangers - a helicopter - various vehicles and a full blown, fully armed SWAT team. If you have seen "cops" on TV, you know what happened. I got out on my own recognizance (no bail allowed on these federal cases).

1. They arrested me because of one thing - the PF TEK works. If it didn't, they would have ignored me. The D.E.A. ordered my syringes and books on two occasions and they grew shrooms both times - no problem. The F.B.I. did the same. That is what created my big problem. My book is too good.

2. As far as the questions around here concerning my income tax reporting, I am straight up with the I.R.S. (for whatever that is worth to the Feds). I "expected" this kind of thing to happen, but when it did, it was quite shocking.

3. They are charging me as if I was an internation king-pin drug dealer. IN the newspapers and on TV the assistant US attorney DOUG WHALLEY compared me to someone who supplies chemicals and instructions to someone who then can cook up METH.

4. At a hearing, the prosecution refered to the "DRUG EQUIVALENCY TABLES" of the FEDERAL SENTENCING QUIDLINES and told the Judge that the take from my "lab" was MINISCULE (quote).

So that's it for now. If anyone out there digs what I have done and appreciates what the PF TEK has done for them, you can write me a letter of support. I know I am going to be dissed for this, but if you send me $100 I can send you my latest PF TEK book - autographed to you personally (might be a collectors item one day for the true mycophiles)..Whhy???? the Feds shut down my bank accounts - put liens on everything I own - towed off my truck and wifes CRV. The money will help my defence fund. I used to have money.

Write me direct at

Robert Mcpherson
630 North Shore Road
Amanda Park Washington

PROF PF
-------------------------------------------------------------
link from Mycotopia : Click here!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1352583 - 03/05/03 12:07 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Interesting..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: motaman]
    #1352692 - 03/05/03 12:46 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

This worlds gone crazy and its getting crazzier

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Anonymous

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1352757 - 03/05/03 01:14 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1352760 - 03/05/03 01:15 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

I know the $100 sounds a little much for most, so we should just ask our friends for five of ten bucks each to send to PF (maybe next time ur shroomin). Would you even be where you are if it wasn't for him? Personally, the gesture is just as important as the money. As PF said, if he wins, we all win. Even if you just send ten or twenty bucks (not for the book) and a little note wishing him luck, that is a great thing for the community.

This weekend some of my friends are visiting, and I'm gonna see what we can get together to send. I am a little wary about sending my address, so if we get $100 I'll have the book sent to a safe friend's house.

From what PF says, he didn't get caught with really anything. So it is even more important that we help him get the justice he deserves.

Here's the address again:

Robert Mcpherson
630 North Shore Road
Amanda Park Washington

-ClosetCase

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Anonymous

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1352763 - 03/05/03 01:16 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1353053 - 03/05/03 03:54 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Personally I dont think everyone should worry about just coming up with a $100. Just reach in your pocket and send a $20, or even a $10 .. what ever you can afford, with a little thank you note and some emotional support.

Every little bit counts I'm willing to bet.
What worries me is in that same thread he later states he will be representing himself.
I have no idea why he is thinking he can beat them by himself. Granted he has a huge ego but that is just foolish. Maybe he does not have the money for an atorney and if we all just send him some money, even as little as $20 each it will all add up and perhaps he will buy and attorney.

Another thought, myself and I'm sure all the other vendors here would be willing to donate spores for a raffle/PF fund raiser for an attorney.

The question is can we get enough ppl to donate and buy the spores for the fund raiser?

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1353113 - 03/05/03 04:30 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Offlinebjkroll
Addict

Loc: Detroit
    #1356025 - 03/07/03 02:09 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I'll pawn some shit, im down.
I'll write up a letter asap.

--------------------
"Everybody who's famous sucked the dick to get where they are today.
The only difference between us and them? We swallowed it." - Jimmy Urine

Offlinepsilocybespawn
ol bastard

Loc: The Heartland Of America
    #1356108 - 03/07/03 02:51 AM (21 years, 18 days ago)

I have some nice prints that I would gladly pitch in for a "PF Attorney Raffle".
I also have a few wild P. Mexicana prints, made by Airdog, that I would throw in as well. Ryche, we need to come up with a "package" of prints, and raffle them off, giving all the proceeds to PF. It was his tek that got me, I mean my friend, started in this hobby, and I feel like I somewhat owe the guy.

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #1358022 - 03/08/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

The government denies him a public defender because he makes too much money (30k/month) then they close all his bank accounts and take away his possesions

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: bigslick]
    #1360095 - 03/09/03 09:25 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

screw everybody who has anything to do with busting pf, the judje who is ruling in the case, the prosecutors, me and pf are gonna pull a wabbly h on the judje tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1364292 - 03/10/03 10:07 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

so whats the outcome so far? i really feel for this guy.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineJoker902
anti FOB

Loc: MI
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: felix]
    #1364369 - 03/10/03 11:34 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

he was denied a public defender?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1364877 - 03/11/03 04:41 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

he still sounds arogant as hell in hius post, but i feel for him.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineathena
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: canid]
    #1365428 - 03/11/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Hi,
I am very interested in this subject. does anyone have any accurate detailed information? I mean what exactly is he being charged with? If he was only selling spores, and the spores contain no active alkaloids what is the charge? I mean it is not illegal to give out information is it? Even if that information enables someone else to grow mushrooms or make crystal meth? The one breaking the law is the person who grow it or makes it, right? So exactly what law has this guy broken?
Also I was wondering has anyone heard of anyone who HAS purchased spores who grew mushrooms and was consequently busted for that? I mean like that was busted growing them for himself and was probably tracked through his purchase of spores from a vendor? Does anyone have any idea how much information these Dicks are keeping track of?
Just wondering. thanks, Athena.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: athena]
    #1365863 - 03/11/03 10:07 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Yes information IS varying degrees of illegal. He was sending out cuultivation instructions with every syringe for years and years and years... he advertised in hightimes. He'll definatly be found guilty, because of the grow, the instructions, and the angry parents. He was charged with CONSPIRACY to cultivate. Conspiracy is a mighty weapon, because it really doesnt require proof, its usually nothing but testimoney and heresay. No, I dont think his customers have been raided yet, but I have heard stories of people getting knocks oon their door. I dont really know. But I have a suspision that 30k a year is BS... have you ever seen how they jack up the estimates on raids? ...uh... I think thats all your questions....

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1366374 - 03/11/03 01:18 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

it was $30k a month, that's what he claims at least.....

Offlineathena
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: billy cuts]
    #1368933 - 03/12/03 09:51 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Oh, no kidding? One can be busted for information? That's too bad. So much for our supposed freedom of speach if that's the case.
I would love to hear more details of folks who quietly grew and still ended up busted, if anyone has any that are fairly accurate.
Anyway thank you for replying. Athena.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1371479 - 03/13/03 04:13 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

50 online paraphernalia distributors that you so wrongly busted. They each are placing about 20k each into the pot and getting Cochran to represent them.

Christ...thats a mistake....J. Cochran is a shitty lawyer....the guy is nothing more than a mouthpiece for F. Lee Bailey and crew...if any of them actualy payed attention to the defense for OJ they would have known....until that trial Cochran was unknown, he was a token for the defense.

Prisoner#1

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Joker902]
    #1371516 - 03/13/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

he was denied a public defender?

It's a common practice...Indigent services (in some states) will not provide legal assistance to people with specific charges....they often claim it to be based on income or assets, but due to the RICO act PF has no assets or income....wouldnt matter anyway....PD's are normaly working for the state, they offer plea bargains for you with out having consulted with you prior to araignment or trial.

I have met one PD that actualy did some effective work, I friend sold LSD to a DEA agent, the PD got the charges dropped...paperwork error....a second friend was in possesion of MDMA...dropped due to no PC for a search, a third for several felonies, 3 charges dropped, 2 reduced to misdemeanors, 1 charge unchanged...the result was 1 year of probation....most just read the report and assume you are guilty....

Prisoner#1

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#1371527 - 03/13/03 04:31 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

PF is being charged with conspiracy to manufacture because he provided information as well as materials...they will most likely bring in other charges as well prior to court but after the araignment...common practice among the FEDs

P#1

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#1371534 - 03/13/03 04:36 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Oh, no kidding? One can be busted for information? That's too bad. So much for our supposed freedom of speach if that's the case.

We havent had that freedom since WW2....unfortunate but true....look at the war protestors from as far back as Viet Nam, look at the protestors today...you have to file for a permit and it can be denied. Freedom of the press died out as well some time ago, tons of books have been banned from publication, books pretaining to the manufature of weapons, covert ops, and some 'how to' manuals.

Prisoner#1

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1374076 - 03/13/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

i would be willing to donate :smile:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1374174 - 03/13/03 10:10 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

'Conspiracy is a mighty weapon, because it really doesnt require proof, its usually nothing but testimoney and heresay'
But if someone is stupid enough to sells spores from a prohibited mushroom with instructions on exactly how to grow the prohibited mushroom to perfect strangers they would have to expect that there is ample evidence of conspiracy to cultivate.
Even now he is still claiming some paternalistic responsibility for the prevelance of cubensis mushroom cultivation. Even now, knowing that he is under intense scrutiny, he is posting on website the full details of his situation for his prosecution to see.
I disagree with the laws and with the prosecution regarding the draconian law enforcement within USA, but at the the same time if someone wants to openly profit from and claim responsibility for a species of organism that can only be claimed by the god/godess whom created it, what do you expect?

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1376521 - 03/14/03 03:17 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

This is all very confusing.

PF does indeed have a huge ego it seems, but lets try to help him out.
I know when my company starts up me and my cofounder will definately see what we can do.

Good luck PF.

Regards,
daba

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: daba]
    #1377028 - 03/14/03 08:13 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

i don't know about sending him money, i think he has that - but i will say a prayer for him,he definitely needs it, he is definitely in some deep shit.

Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
    #1377070 - 03/14/03 09:02 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

this is just a sad sad day.the goverment is bullshit a friend of mine got raided and he was growing ediable shroom and cubies but had more ediables then cubies they counted all his ediables as cubies and he had extra jars they said in a month he would have a few pounds in reality he didnt even have 2 ozs of triping material and that's counting the jars that didnt grow yet. well i honestly think the shits gunna hit the fan if the fbi and all them other cock suckers bought his book and started growing u know how much research they had to put into this investagiton. i bet there gunna come down hard on alot of ppl in the future. the sad part is hes probly one of the first few good minds that have been investagated and theres not a doubt in my mind there gunna look at him like he escabar the head of a cartel. if they went thru all that trouble going to his house swat and all that oher bull shit its sad to say there gunna try to hit him with everythiong they got. me myself i have never ordered or delt with pf but i have read his teks and relize what a impact he has made with the comuinty. i blam all the teeny boppers and there bitch ass parents.im srry bout the language and the typos im just to pissed to do a spell check and if i keep typing i might get out of hand so ill leave it at that and doing a raffle is a good plan. honestly i dont think a raffle should be needed i think anyone that has had a intrest and even used the tek should dish out a few bucks and for all you ppl out there that are mass producing u know what u do and your making your money cause of the help this guy put into the couminty make a donation!

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1378604 - 03/15/03 02:38 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

DSD... atta boy.. definatly everyone say a prayer. The power of prayer is very powerful. God listens.

Bluemeanie.. where is PF actually talking about details of his arrest. I seen some posts on Mycotopia but not him posting details?

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #1383647 - 03/17/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Seems like pf doesn't need our money. I'm sure he could use our prayers. This was posted today at mycotopia in response to an inquiry on how to send him $100 for a signed copy of the tek that he had offered in regards to legal defense fundraising.
Quote:

LADY OUTLAW:

This is the Professor. Forget about the $100. Just send me (to my real street address above) the usuall $10 and I will send you an autographed copy.

My case looks a lot better now. I think I am going to be OK.

But, I am sure I will be getting a felony out of it.

PROFESSOR PF

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: mycofile]
    #1386745 - 03/18/03 04:08 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Hey guys,  I need your help. I want to include an interview with Fanaticus mastermind, Robert Mcpherson, in a zine I am working on.  What kind of questions would you like to see included in the interview? Post your questions here and they will be considered. The interview, which will be taken by mail, will be posted in full on the Shroomery when it is completed. Thanks!  :grin:

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
    #1411506 - 03/26/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just want to say that I read the professors posts on mycotopia and I didnt read anywhere that he wanted $100 for an autographed book. I believe what he said was $10 for the book $20 for the autographed book.

--------------------
Holler!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1411625 - 03/26/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I just want to say that I read the professors posts on mycotopia and I didnt read anywhere that he wanted $100 for an autographed book. I believe what he said was $10 for the book $20 for the autographed book. 

Read my other post in this thread.
I copied and pasted what PF said over at mycotopia.
He was asking for $100 for an autographed book.

He probably didn't sell many...so he lowered his price.  :grin:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

OfflineDSD
devil

#1412041 - 03/26/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So, as of today - 3/27 - does any one know what is going on with the trial ???

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
    #1412318 - 03/26/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It doesn't matter anyway.His att. told him recently not to sell them AT ALL..Look yourself.I ain't postin' shit :grin: 

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
    #1473945 - 04/19/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They busted him because he not only sold the spores, but he detailed how to make them.  To use their meth analogy (which is just bullshit scare tactics), If I sell you ephedrine and other meth precursors, thats illegal in that i'm selling them, If I sell you that, and the labware, and the instructions how to, then I'm conspiring with you to produce another scheduled substance.  From the federales viewpoint, PF was selling the ingredients and the knowledge with the implied intent that it was for growing.  Not that I agree with it, it's just that is where they are coming from :smile: don't flame me for this! these are NOT my thoughts! heh :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

PS from the erowid.org link, I saw they busted a friend of his with production of psilocyn or some analogue of that.  Any idea what happeend to him? 

PSS I agree with the hire-a-lawyer suggestion, any man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client :smile:

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineAsmbandits
dimesize
 User Gallery

Loc: cow feild
    #1484990 - 04/23/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont think it was the info as much as the fact he sent it with spores, and to think that they compared something as simple as mushrooms to a complex man made drug like meth... the main reason he was busted was because he made a good amont of money at it...I feel for you PF....

Offlinedefsk8tone
your brain
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Asmbandits]
    #1489343 - 04/24/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

so did he keep a list of buyers that they now hagve ahold of or did he keep it private. If he did and they have that list that could be bad couldnt it. I dont know anything about this except what i've read but i hope for the better outcome on his side.

OfflineDSD
devil

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: defsk8tone]
    #1491433 - 04/24/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

blah - blah - back to the question, does any body know what happened @ the trial ? guilty, - innocennt, - continuance, ?

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: DSD]
    #1492119 - 04/25/03 05:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

call 'Peyton Whitely': 206-464-2259 or pwhitely@seattletimes.com
ask for him to follow up on his story....best advice i can think of...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134640244_mushroom24m0.html

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleSporeDog
watching yourback 24/7

Loc: on porches and in backyar...
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: DSD]
    #1492767 - 04/25/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

better a fool for a client than a fool for a lawer

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: SporeDog]
    #1494875 - 04/26/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinedefsk8tone
your brain
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1504023 - 04/29/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

so your saying even though he didnt keep records the dea tracked everything he sent out through the post office?

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: defsk8tone]
    #1505008 - 04/29/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1505192 - 04/29/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

More info can be found at the following websites:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/pr2003/feb/mcpherson.html
(this is the actual government publication, some of the stuff in there is just plain BS and will make you laugh or simply apall you)

Associated Press article:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134637276_webmushroom19.html

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=54841 (This one reports that he was making $30,000 per YEAR.. Someone wasn't paying enough attention and doesn't care)

Anyway, this is certainly news to me, I had no idea until just now..

Poor guy, guv's gonna stick it up his ass of course, once you are in that position it doesn't matter what you do.. They strip you of all your rights even though you are supposedly "innocent until proven guilty."

That's a bunch of bullshit.. Hope he's got a good lawyer.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1505204 - 04/29/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/pr2003/feb/mcpherson.html

Here's a paste of the article, sorry for the length.

PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS OWNER AND EMPLOYEES INDICTED

United States Attorney John McKay, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Special-Agent-In-Charge John Bott, National Park Service (NPS) Acting Chief Ranger Tim Simonds, and United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) Acting Inspector-in-Charge William P. Atkins announce today the Indictment of four Washington State residents for manufacturing and conspiring to manufacture psilocyn, a controlled substance, commonly found in hallucinogenic mushrooms. The Indictment in this case, returned by a Federal Grand Jury on February 22, 2003, charges ROBERT WILLIAM McPHERSON, age 56, the owner of Psylocybe Fanaticus, and his wife, MARGARET M. McPHERSON, age 48, both of Amanda Park, Washington; STEPHEN COGGIN, age 51, of Neilton, Washington; and JUDITH CHRISTINE KREIGH, age 47, of Amanda Park, Washington, with conspiracy to distribute psilocyn and the manufacture of psilocyn in Western Washington. The charges carry a maximum sentence of twenty years' imprisonment.

According to court records, the investigation of ROBERT McPHERSON and Psylocybe Fanaticus was prompted in September 1999, when law enforcement agents around the country received calls from concerned parents whose children had received packages from Psylocybe Fanaticus. Those packages contained syringes and instructions on how to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms. Psylocybe Fanaticus is a mail order business that sells hallucinogenic mushroom spores. ROBERT McPHERSON operated a website on the internet, www.FANATICUS.COM, and advertised in the High Times magazine to promote the sale of hallucinogenic mushroom spores. The website provides instructions on cultivating mushroom spores to manufacture a hallucinogenic strain of mushrooms. Psylocybe Fanaticus's web site and advertisement in High Times magazine state that the mushrooms grown with the spores will be magic mushrooms. The website also provides a first person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Through the course of this investigation, agents learned that STEPHEN COGGIN and JUDITH KREIGH were employees of ROBERT McPHERSON and Psylocybe Fanaticus. STEPHEN COGGIN was responsible for picking up mail at a Post Office box in Seattle, Washington, addressed to Psylocybe Fanaticus. COGGIN lived at a residence in Neilton, Washington, owned by the McPHERSONs. Incoming mail addressed to Psylocybe Fanaticus was also received at a Post Office box in Amanda Park, Washington, where it was picked up by ROBERT McPHERSON and JUDITH KREIGH. ROBERT McPHERSON, JUDITH KREIGH, and STEPHEN COGGIN were also sending out packages on a daily basis at the Post Office in Amanda Park. Law enforcement agents believe that the packages contained hallucinogenic mushroom spores and material to grow them and were sent in response to orders placed with Psylocybe Fanaticus.

On July 17, 2000, the DEA, utilizing an undercover return address, placed an order for mushroom spores through Psylocybe Fanaticus's Post Office box address at Amanda Park. On July 31, 2000, the DEA received a package containing five plastic syringes each containing clear liquid with small particles (spores) floating within the liquid. The package also contained two books on cultivating "magic mushrooms" with the contents in the syringes. In February 2001, the DEA sent another order to Psylocybe Fanaticus and received another two syringes with spores in a liquid substance. The spores were grown according to the books which accompanied the syringes and instructions on the www.FANATICUS.COM website and the agent was able to produce several crops of mushrooms. The DEA laboratory confirmed the presence of psilocyn, a Schedule I controlled substance, in the mushrooms.

ROBERT McPHERSON was arrested on February 18, 2003, at his Amanda Park residence when agents executed a search warrant. Inside the residence was a mushroom growing operation with live mushrooms. After being advised of his constitutional rights, ROBERT McPHERSON admitted that he was growing the mushrooms for his mushroom spore business. On February 21, 2003, United States Magistrate Judge J. Kelley Arnold ordered ROBERT McPHERSON permanently detained pending trial. The arraignment of ROBERT McPHERSON on the Indictment is scheduled for March 5, 2003, before Magistrate Judge Arnold.

STEPHEN COGGIN's Neilton, Washington, residence was also searched on February 18, 2003. COGGIN was not present during the search, but was subsequently arrested. Agents found supplies of syringes and other mushroom growing equipment sent out by Psylocybe Fanaticus to customers to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms. COGGIN was arraigned on the Indictment on February 21, 2003. He was released on bond pending trial. A trial date for COGGIN is scheduled for April 21, 2003, before United States District Court Judge Robert J. Bryan.

The arraignment of JUDITH KREIGH and MARGARET McPHERSON is scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 12:00 p.m., before United States Magistrate Judge Arnold at the Union Station Courthouse in Tacoma, Washington.

The Indictment is based on a joint investigation by agents and investigators from the Drug Enforcement Administration in Seattle, National Park Service, and the United States Postal Inspection Service.

Members of the public are reminded that an Indictment contains only a charge. The defendants are presumed innocent of the charge and it will be the government's burden to prove a defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.

For further information, please contact John Hartingh, Executive Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-4110; Doug Whalley, Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-4882; or Ye-Ting Woo, Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-2268.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Rustik]
    #1510348 - 05/01/03 02:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

They strip you of all your rights even though you are supposedly "innocent until proven guilty."

That's a bunch of bullshit.. Hope he's got a good lawyer.

I actualy had a court official tell me that I was guilty until I proved my innocence....I'm glad that one is one tape.....as if it would do any good

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1520193 - 05/04/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone got any new info on this?? Outcome of the trial/is it over/who's stayin out of jail (or going to jail)?

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Rustik]
    #1521010 - 05/05/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

On February 21, 2003, United States Magistrate Judge J. Kelley Arnold ordered ROBERT McPHERSON permanently detained pending trial.

???

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #1521167 - 05/05/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm begining to believe they have burried him already under the patriot act....act of terrorism....I've been looking and all I can find is a lot of old references to the arrest and initial araignment...I think I'll call the courts later and find out when the trial is/was and if he's been what the verdict was....if it's guilty (most likely) I'll see if I can get the transscripts....this is actualy starting to bug me a little because I was thinking of asking the same question....

P#1

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#1527242 - 05/07/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's not that unusual to order someone "permanently detained pending trial." It just means they think he's a flight risk and has enough disposable cash that no level of bail would be motivation enough for him to stick around.

You know, most people would have to put up their house, their moms house, and their sisters crib too to pay the level of bond they probably set for him. Nobody would flee cuz their families would loose their houses. In this case the magistrate sees that this dude was claiming $30k a month, knows he was dealing in cash so probably didn't claim all of it, and thinks he was a drug dealer to boot. The magistrate probably thought that loosing some bail money would not be a big deal to PF, so he didn't give him bail.

I really doubt it has anything to do with the patriot act. Now, if the methamphetamene information act had gone through, I'd be worried for him. And us.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1527521 - 05/07/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The mitnick of the mushroom world?

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Raadt]
    #1545413 - 05/13/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So far here is what I have discovered... US Attny does not wish to discuss the case, there have been no new news articles written up on PF and the News has reached Brazil....

Any one get the feeling that they may have made use of some of the new provisions in the PA.....

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#1560185 - 05/19/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

strange, I made an entirely un-offensive post to this thread, and it's not here. Was it censored for some reason? Or did it just get lost in the matrix?

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: mycofile]
    #1560486 - 05/19/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

strange, I made an entirely un-offensive post to this thread, and it's not here. Was it censored for some reason? Or did it just get lost in the matrix?

Probably got lost in the matrix bro.
Almost all posts are approved.
They have to be pretty offensive...to not be posted.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
    #1652754 - 06/22/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

" The website also provides a first person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. "

Now that's funny.

Seriously though, any new info about Fanaticus?

OfflineDante606
Old KentuckyShark
Loc: Under the bridge
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Moronacracy]
    #1669634 - 06/28/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i went to fanaticus.com and it said the trial date was september 9...

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Moronacracy]
    #1691654 - 07/06/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

" The website also provides a first person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. "

Yeah, I snorted at that, too. Judgment masquerading as objectivity.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom