Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: DSD]
    #1492119 - 04/25/03 05:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

call 'Peyton Whitely': 206-464-2259 or pwhitely@seattletimes.com
ask for him to follow up on his story....best advice i can think of...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134640244_mushroom24m0.html

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSporeDog
watching yourback 24/7

Loc: on porches and in backyar...
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: DSD]
    #1492767 - 04/25/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

better a fool for a client than a fool for a lawer

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: SporeDog]
    #1494875 - 04/26/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinedefsk8tone
your brain
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1504023 - 04/29/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

so your saying even though he didnt keep records the dea tracked everything he sent out through the post office?

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: defsk8tone]
    #1505008 - 04/29/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1505192 - 04/29/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

More info can be found at the following websites:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/pr2003/feb/mcpherson.html
(this is the actual government publication, some of the stuff in there is just plain BS and will make you laugh or simply apall you)

Associated Press article:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134637276_webmushroom19.html

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=54841 (This one reports that he was making $30,000 per YEAR.. Someone wasn't paying enough attention and doesn't care)

Anyway, this is certainly news to me, I had no idea until just now..

Poor guy, guv's gonna stick it up his ass of course, once you are in that position it doesn't matter what you do.. They strip you of all your rights even though you are supposedly "innocent until proven guilty."

That's a bunch of bullshit.. Hope he's got a good lawyer.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1505204 - 04/29/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/pr2003/feb/mcpherson.html

Here's a paste of the article, sorry for the length.

PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS OWNER AND EMPLOYEES INDICTED

United States Attorney John McKay, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Special-Agent-In-Charge John Bott, National Park Service (NPS) Acting Chief Ranger Tim Simonds, and United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) Acting Inspector-in-Charge William P. Atkins announce today the Indictment of four Washington State residents for manufacturing and conspiring to manufacture psilocyn, a controlled substance, commonly found in hallucinogenic mushrooms. The Indictment in this case, returned by a Federal Grand Jury on February 22, 2003, charges ROBERT WILLIAM McPHERSON, age 56, the owner of Psylocybe Fanaticus, and his wife, MARGARET M. McPHERSON, age 48, both of Amanda Park, Washington; STEPHEN COGGIN, age 51, of Neilton, Washington; and JUDITH CHRISTINE KREIGH, age 47, of Amanda Park, Washington, with conspiracy to distribute psilocyn and the manufacture of psilocyn in Western Washington. The charges carry a maximum sentence of twenty years' imprisonment.

According to court records, the investigation of ROBERT McPHERSON and Psylocybe Fanaticus was prompted in September 1999, when law enforcement agents around the country received calls from concerned parents whose children had received packages from Psylocybe Fanaticus. Those packages contained syringes and instructions on how to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms. Psylocybe Fanaticus is a mail order business that sells hallucinogenic mushroom spores. ROBERT McPHERSON operated a website on the internet, www.FANATICUS.COM, and advertised in the High Times magazine to promote the sale of hallucinogenic mushroom spores. The website provides instructions on cultivating mushroom spores to manufacture a hallucinogenic strain of mushrooms. Psylocybe Fanaticus's web site and advertisement in High Times magazine state that the mushrooms grown with the spores will be magic mushrooms. The website also provides a first person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Through the course of this investigation, agents learned that STEPHEN COGGIN and JUDITH KREIGH were employees of ROBERT McPHERSON and Psylocybe Fanaticus. STEPHEN COGGIN was responsible for picking up mail at a Post Office box in Seattle, Washington, addressed to Psylocybe Fanaticus. COGGIN lived at a residence in Neilton, Washington, owned by the McPHERSONs. Incoming mail addressed to Psylocybe Fanaticus was also received at a Post Office box in Amanda Park, Washington, where it was picked up by ROBERT McPHERSON and JUDITH KREIGH. ROBERT McPHERSON, JUDITH KREIGH, and STEPHEN COGGIN were also sending out packages on a daily basis at the Post Office in Amanda Park. Law enforcement agents believe that the packages contained hallucinogenic mushroom spores and material to grow them and were sent in response to orders placed with Psylocybe Fanaticus.

On July 17, 2000, the DEA, utilizing an undercover return address, placed an order for mushroom spores through Psylocybe Fanaticus's Post Office box address at Amanda Park. On July 31, 2000, the DEA received a package containing five plastic syringes each containing clear liquid with small particles (spores) floating within the liquid. The package also contained two books on cultivating "magic mushrooms" with the contents in the syringes. In February 2001, the DEA sent another order to Psylocybe Fanaticus and received another two syringes with spores in a liquid substance. The spores were grown according to the books which accompanied the syringes and instructions on the www.FANATICUS.COM website and the agent was able to produce several crops of mushrooms. The DEA laboratory confirmed the presence of psilocyn, a Schedule I controlled substance, in the mushrooms.

ROBERT McPHERSON was arrested on February 18, 2003, at his Amanda Park residence when agents executed a search warrant. Inside the residence was a mushroom growing operation with live mushrooms. After being advised of his constitutional rights, ROBERT McPHERSON admitted that he was growing the mushrooms for his mushroom spore business. On February 21, 2003, United States Magistrate Judge J. Kelley Arnold ordered ROBERT McPHERSON permanently detained pending trial. The arraignment of ROBERT McPHERSON on the Indictment is scheduled for March 5, 2003, before Magistrate Judge Arnold.

STEPHEN COGGIN's Neilton, Washington, residence was also searched on February 18, 2003. COGGIN was not present during the search, but was subsequently arrested. Agents found supplies of syringes and other mushroom growing equipment sent out by Psylocybe Fanaticus to customers to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms. COGGIN was arraigned on the Indictment on February 21, 2003. He was released on bond pending trial. A trial date for COGGIN is scheduled for April 21, 2003, before United States District Court Judge Robert J. Bryan.

The arraignment of JUDITH KREIGH and MARGARET McPHERSON is scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 12:00 p.m., before United States Magistrate Judge Arnold at the Union Station Courthouse in Tacoma, Washington.

The Indictment is based on a joint investigation by agents and investigators from the Drug Enforcement Administration in Seattle, National Park Service, and the United States Postal Inspection Service.

Members of the public are reminded that an Indictment contains only a charge. The defendants are presumed innocent of the charge and it will be the government's burden to prove a defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.

For further information, please contact John Hartingh, Executive Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-4110; Doug Whalley, Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-4882; or Ye-Ting Woo, Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-2268.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Rustik]
    #1510348 - 05/01/03 02:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

They strip you of all your rights even though you are supposedly "innocent until proven guilty."

That's a bunch of bullshit.. Hope he's got a good lawyer.

I actualy had a court official tell me that I was guilty until I proved my innocence....I'm glad that one is one tape.....as if it would do any good

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1520193 - 05/04/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone got any new info on this?? Outcome of the trial/is it over/who's stayin out of jail (or going to jail)?

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Rustik]
    #1521010 - 05/05/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

On February 21, 2003, United States Magistrate Judge J. Kelley Arnold ordered ROBERT McPHERSON permanently detained pending trial.

???

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #1521167 - 05/05/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm begining to believe they have burried him already under the patriot act....act of terrorism....I've been looking and all I can find is a lot of old references to the arrest and initial araignment...I think I'll call the courts later and find out when the trial is/was and if he's been what the verdict was....if it's guilty (most likely) I'll see if I can get the transscripts....this is actualy starting to bug me a little because I was thinking of asking the same question....

P#1

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #1527242 - 05/07/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's not that unusual to order someone "permanently detained pending trial." It just means they think he's a flight risk and has enough disposable cash that no level of bail would be motivation enough for him to stick around.

You know, most people would have to put up their house, their moms house, and their sisters crib too to pay the level of bond they probably set for him. Nobody would flee cuz their families would loose their houses. In this case the magistrate sees that this dude was claiming $30k a month, knows he was dealing in cash so probably didn't claim all of it, and thinks he was a drug dealer to boot. The magistrate probably thought that loosing some bail money would not be a big deal to PF, so he didn't give him bail.

I really doubt it has anything to do with the patriot act. Now, if the methamphetamene information act had gone through, I'd be worried for him. And us.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1527521 - 05/07/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The mitnick of the mushroom world?

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Raadt]
    #1545413 - 05/13/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So far here is what I have discovered... US Attny does not wish to discuss the case, there have been no new news articles written up on PF and the News has reached Brazil....

Any one get the feeling that they may have made use of some of the new provisions in the PA.....

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #1560185 - 05/19/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

strange, I made an entirely un-offensive post to this thread, and it's not here. Was it censored for some reason? Or did it just get lost in the matrix?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: mycofile]
    #1560486 - 05/19/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

strange, I made an entirely un-offensive post to this thread, and it's not here. Was it censored for some reason? Or did it just get lost in the matrix?

Probably got lost in the matrix bro.
Almost all posts are approved.
They have to be pretty offensive...to not be posted.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1652754 - 06/22/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

" The website also provides a first person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. "

Now that's funny.

Seriously though, any new info about Fanaticus?

OfflineDante606
Old KentuckyShark
Loc: Under the bridge
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Moronacracy]
    #1669634 - 06/28/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i went to fanaticus.com and it said the trial date was september 9...

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Fanaticus Trial is today!?!? [Re: Moronacracy]
    #1691654 - 07/06/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

" The website also provides a first person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. "

Yeah, I snorted at that, too. Judgment masquerading as objectivity.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom