Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: Poid]
    #13582509 - 12/04/10 07:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You are presenting him as an authority.

No I'm not, I'm presenting his claims; he has nothing to do with this.

You presented his claims as truth.  They are crap.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Since you are presenting him as an authority I can attack his credentials.  He has none.

Jensen is a professor in the School of Journalism in the University of Texas at Austin.

I have stronger credentials. 
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Because I don't ascribe the features of the class to the individual.  Get it yet?

So you believe those features can only be ascribed to the class, but not to any of the individuals who belong to that class?

They can be ascribed to some individuals, obviously, but not to a particular individual simply as a member of that class., bigot
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Not passing the tests everybody else has to to the same level they have to.

But many of them did pass the tests; they're given priority registration whether or not they passed those tests.

Some did.  Any that didn't have diminished the process and taken places from more deserving individuals.  There are not infinite placements.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I told you where to look.  Look.  I led you to the water, boy, now drink.

:sip:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You win.  http://www.adversity.net/newhavenfd/default.htm

:sambergfive:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You also lose, because you have exposed yourself as too lazy to contribute to your own education and too incurious to challenge your own biases.

I'm not too lazy, and I'm not incurious; I already told you why I'm not reading the information contained within the links you provided.

Oh, first you complain I don't supply links then you don't look at them.  Incurious and willfully ignorant. 
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
No.

"Some apples taste like shit."--you really think that's not a judgment? :etjesus:

"The earth orbits the sun" is not a judgment.  If you had said "this apple tastes like shit" it would be a judgment.  Saying that some of them od is a statement of the obvious, no judgment required.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I imply nothing.  I come right out and say what I mean.  You do not have the zappaisgod decoder ring so I don't expect you to read between the lines.  I'm even somewhat dubious that you can read plain text.

I aced my English placement exam for college and was placed in the highest English course. :stoned:

What happened?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #13591671 - 12/06/10 06:59 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You presented his claims as truth.  They are crap.

You have failed to show that they are crap.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I have stronger credentials.

Sure you do; so what?

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
They can be ascribed to some individuals, obviously, but not to a particular individual simply as a member of that class., bigot

"Not to a particular individual simply as a member of that class"--does that even make sense? :undecided:

You probably meant to say "not to a particular individual simply because they happen to be a member of that class.", but I'll let it slide. :smirk:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Some did.  Any that didn't have diminished the process and taken places from more deserving individuals.  There are not infinite placements.

Why are those individuals more deserving?

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I told you where to look.  Look.  I led you to the water, boy, now drink.

:sip:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Oh, first you complain I don't supply links then you don't look at them.  Incurious and willfully ignorant.

I want you to supply links, and quote the relevant sections in those said links. You know, like a real debater.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

"Some apples taste like shit."--you really think that's not a judgment? :etjesus:

"The earth orbits the sun" is not a judgment.  If you had said "this apple tastes like shit" it would be a judgment.  Saying that some of them od is a statement of the obvious, no judgment required.

Then, by the same token, saying that some White people behave in a certain distinct manner is not a judgment.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

I aced my English placement exam for college and was placed in the highest English course. :stoned:

What happened?

I start school on the 3rd of January. :nerd:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion