Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Would you vote for an openly racist politician?
    #13519396 - 11/21/10 03:03 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Would his/her racial ideology matter to you? Why or why not? :waddymelon:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: Poid]
    #13519596 - 11/21/10 03:56 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

> Would you vote for an openly racist politician?

Probably not.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: Seuss]
    #13519598 - 11/21/10 03:56 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Why or why not? :waddymelon:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #13519805 - 11/21/10 04:40 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It isn't working out real well now.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #13519846 - 11/21/10 04:48 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

What isn't?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #13519934 - 11/21/10 05:08 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Obama, I assume, though its silly to suggest he's openly racist in my opinion.

Prejudiced and favoring racial discrimination: yes.  Racist and openly so:  nope, at least not clearly so.

Quote:

Poid said:
Would his/her racial ideology matter to you? Why or why not? :waddymelon:

I can always imagine a situation where I'd vote for a particular condidate, but I find it exceedingly unlikely I'd vote for an openly racist one.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and I think he may well be racist to some extent: newsletters et cet, but wasn't concerned about it too much due to his positions foreclosing my vote from being logically percieved as an endorsement of such, his positions preventing the excercise of much federal power to enforce racist ideology, and the fact that he denies racism and opposes such an ideology in public.

I guess that's about as close as I can see myself coming to vote for a racist.  If there was a legitimate chance of my vote being construed as an endorsement of such, i.e. if it was part of the platform, I very much doubt I'd ever be able to vote for the candidate.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13519956 - 11/21/10 05:12 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

Prejudiced and favoring racial discrimination: yes.  Racist and openly so:  nope, at least not clearly so.

In what ways does he favor racial discrimination?

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I can always imagine a situation where I'd vote for a particular condidate, but I find it exceedingly unlikely I'd vote for an openly racist one.

Quote:

Poid said:

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and I think he may well be racist to some extent:

Why do you think that? Can you provide a link to some information that suggests that he may be racist?

Quote:

johnm214 said:
If there was a legitimate chance of my vote being construed as an endorsement of such, i.e. if it was part of the platform, I very much doubt I'd ever be able to vote for the candidate.

Again:

Quote:

Poid said:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineNexius
Ruler
Male

Loc: Earth Flag
    #13519959 - 11/21/10 05:12 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yes

Honest man.

--------------------
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: Nexius]
    #13519966 - 11/21/10 05:13 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#13520123 - 11/21/10 05:38 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

johnm214 said:

Affirmative Action and the activity within the Justice Department wherein they don't prosecute voter intimidation if it is committed by a minority.

Yes, he is openly racist.  The church he attended for 20 years and whose preacher he cited as a mentor is openly anti-white.  Then there is the statement about his grandmother being typically white.  Those are just the examples off the top of my head.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #13520138 - 11/21/10 05:40 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If his policies are good and hes smart. I'd say he can be gay, racist with a love for hookers and coke.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Would you vote for an openly racist politician? [Re: Patlal]
    #13520158 - 11/21/10 05:43 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

johnm214 said:

Affirmative Action...

I don't see anything inherently wrong about affirmative action.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
...and the activity within the Justice Department wherein they don't prosecute voter intimidation if it is committed by a minority.

Source?

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Yes, he is openly racist.  The church he attended for 20 years and whose preacher he cited as a mentor is openly anti-white.

Source?

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Then there is the statement about his grandmother being typically white.

Yeah, what does that prove? I think you are a typical white guy, but that doesn't mean I'm racist. :shrug:

Quote:

Patlal said:
If his policies are good and hes smart. I'd say he can be gay, racist with a love for hookers and coke.

What s/he has never served in office, and hasn't implemented any policies?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13520172 - 11/21/10 05:46 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If i agreed with their policies and that racism didnt get in the way of policy making or influence it than I wouldnt really care.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #13520200 - 11/21/10 05:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I stated what I did regarding a racist candidate because I

a) personally disagree with that philosophy as a practical and scientific matter,

b) would be opposed to supporting someone with beliefs I don't share where those beliefs have historically and currently been used to suggest government intervention in racial matters where traditional crime are not being commited (no violation of someone's rights to person, property, associations, mind- those things that flow from sentient control over your person).  Generally racist beliefs and policies are unsupportable and wrong and also do practical harm in their suppression of the targeted class and weakening of the public image of the 'chosen' class, as well as causing harm to those institutions who are deciding issues on silly and harmful criteria such as race rather than merit and practicality.

c) I think the justifications for racist beliefs are generally poor either scientifically or as an evidentiary matter.  I would have trouble supporting someone who would have such a poor grasp of science that they think blacks, i.e., are signifigantly inferior than whites by virtue of their race, and would similarly find someone who holds those views to be someone who has an unjustifiable outlook- suggesting mental infirmity or unhealthy reliance on cultural norms

Quote:

supporting or being an apologist (depending on the situation) race-based decision making by both public and private institutions.  Esentially: affirmative action

Quote:

Quote:

johnm214 said:
    I voted for Ron Paul in the primary and I think he may well be racist to some extent:

Why do you think that? Can you provide a link to some information that suggests that he may be racist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul/Newsletters_sandbox#Ron_Paul_newsletter_controversy

The contents mentioned by the media suggest some racist views.  While I doubt he wrote them all, perhaps none of them, it is somewhat difficult to believe he had no idea of the contents and that he also disagreed with what was published under his name and administrative control.

Quote:

Quote:

johnm214 said:
    If there was a legitimate chance of my vote being construed as an endorsement of such, i.e. if it was part of the platform, I very much doubt I'd ever be able to vote for the candidate.

Again:

I feel this way because I would not want to endorse such a message due to my disagreement with it on the merits and as a good public policy to speak of or enact such a philosophy.  See also the discussion in the above.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#13520214 - 11/21/10 05:53 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

johnm214 said:

Affirmative Action...

I don't see anything inherently wrong about affirmative action.

Whether you think it is wrong is irrelevant.  It is racist.  So I guess we can put you down as a "Yes".
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
...and the activity within the Justice Department wherein they don't prosecute voter intimidation if it is committed by a minority.

Source?

http://biggovernment.com/tfitton/2010/11/15/explosive-new-justice-department-black-panther-emails/
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Yes, he is openly racist.  The church he attended for 20 years and whose preacher he cited as a mentor is openly anti-white.

Source?

Jeremiah Wright "white man's greed...." and other remarks.  Look it up yourself.  I get tired of posting the same shit for 2 1/2 years.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Then there is the statement about his grandmother being typically white.

Yeah, what does that prove? I think you are a typical white guy, but that doesn't mean I'm racist. :shrug:

Yes it does.  And the quote was derogatory towards his grandmother.  Once again, I am not going to relink yet again the same shit I have posted dozens of times.  Google it yourself.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #13520234 - 11/21/10 05:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

johnm214 said:

Affirmative Action and the activity within the Justice Department wherein they don't prosecute voter intimidation if it is committed by a minority.

Yes, he is openly racist.  The church he attended for 20 years and whose preacher he cited as a mentor is openly anti-white.  Then there is the statement about his grandmother being typically white.  Those are just the examples off the top of my head.

How is being a member of that church being openly racist?  Seems little doubt it was a political and social motivation to attend the church, whatever else you might say of the matter.

How does viewing someone as part of a race-based class with traits typical thereof constitute racism?  Certainly a stereotypical way of thinking, right or wrong, and perhaps evidence of prejudice, but to say it is racist is pretty unsupportable to my way of thinking..

I certainly mention stereotypical race-based culture and hear of such being mentioned all the time.  Everyone knows what is being said when US "black culture" is discussed, for example, as do they when "white culture" is discussed in contrast to the former.  That you see or acknowledge these classes and stereotypes does not suggest you are racist- whether the classifications are accurate or not.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13520243 - 11/21/10 06:00 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
If i agreed with their policies and that racism didnt get in the way of policy making or influence it than I wouldnt really care.

How would you be certain that their racism wouldn't influence their policy-making? And what if it was a political candidate that hasn't yet held office?

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Whether you think it is wrong is irrelevant.  It is racist.  So I guess we can put you down as a "Yes".

No, it is not racist, racism is a type of hatred--affirmative action isn't fueled by hatred. At all. :lol:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Jeremiah Wright "white man's greed...." and other remarks.  Look it up yourself.  I get tired of posting the same shit for 2 1/2 years.

Again, racism is a form of hatred; using the phrase "white man's greed" doesn't necessarily make one racist. Did he say "Because of the white man's greed, I hate all white people."? :shake:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Yes it does.

Otra vez, no it doesn't; I don't hate you for being a typical white guy, I just think you are one. Saying that calling you a typical white guy means I'm racist is like saying that calling a banana a typical yellow banana means I hate bananas.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
And the quote was derogatory towards his grandmother.

So? Maybe he hates what he perceives as typical white people, this doesn't necessarily mean he hates them merely because they're white.

You don't even know what racism is.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #13520462 - 11/21/10 06:51 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If the alternatives were

1) vote for an openly racist candidate I believed would govern constitutionally
2) vote for a non-openly racist candidate I believed would govern like, say, Obama/Reid/Pelosi

I would choose option 1) in a heartbeat. That's a total no-brainer decision if ever there was one.

Phred

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#13520707 - 11/21/10 07:46 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:

How would you be certain that their racism wouldn't influence their policy-making? And what if it was a political candidate that hasn't yet held office?

Indeed that is what we are seeing in the Obama Justice Dept.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

No, it is not racist, racism is a type of hatred--affirmative action isn't fueled by hatred. At all. :lol:

Complete bullshit.  Paternalism can be just as racist as hatred.  You're too stupid to care for yourself, black man, so I must care for you.  Racism.  Ask the Abos.  Further, affirmative action is deleterious to members of a race.  (Actually, it is deleterious to all races.  Any benefited class is instantly under suspicion for whatever it achieves)
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Again, racism is a form of hatred; using the phrase "white man's greed" doesn't necessarily make one racist. Did he say "Because of the white man's greed, I hate all white people."? :shake:

So you didn't bother to look up the quote or anything else regarding Wright.  No surprise.  That was just the beginning.  I also reported that Obama cited this racist swine as an important mentor.  If I said David Duke was an important influence in my life you can damn well bet that I'm a racist.  Further, it is not necessary to hate all people of a particular race to be a racist.  That is an idiotic criteria for being racist.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Yes it does.

Otra vez, no it doesn't; I don't hate you for being a typical white guy, I just think you are one. Saying that calling you a typical white guy means I'm racist is like saying that calling a banana a typical yellow banana means I hate bananas.

You are making a judgment based on race.  Racist.  Plain and simple.  I don't think there are typical white guys or typical black guys.  But you're a racist so that makes no sense to you.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
And the quote was derogatory towards his grandmother.

So? Maybe he hates what he perceives as typical white people, this doesn't necessarily mean he hates them merely because they're white.

If he hates typical white people then he is a racist.  If he characterizes what he hates as white then he is a racist.
Quote:

Yes, I do.  It is you who has a problem with the definition.  What do you have to say about the Black Panther case?  Nothing.  Because you are arguing shite and trolling at this point.  Racist.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #13520753 - 11/21/10 07:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Poid said:

Yes, I do.  It is you who has a problem with the definition.  What do you have to say about the Black Panther case?  Nothing.  Because you are arguing shite and trolling at this point.  Racist.

Your the one calling people names, and you accuse others of trolling when they make clear posts?  That kind of bullshit belongs in the mystery forum.

I agree with Poid that there's reason to question what your defining racism to be given your statements as expounded upon in my prior post.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order