Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Phish why isnt it what it was
    #1349669 - 03/04/03 10:06 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

What happened to the Phish scene? Did I miss something. In 2000 the right seen was still going. Not like in the early 90's but it was still way better than it is now. I say Phish all 3 days in hampton VA for thier new years run and its totally differnt. It was mostlly rich kids that are their because its the "cool thing to do". WTF I hope thier febuary tour it got better. Its dissapointing to see people standing at a Phish concert. I say more people just standing around looking bored. What is up with that shit arnt you thier for a good time not a bored one. I believe that if your not completly amazed by Phish and you dont know if this is your type of music you should not see them live untill you are. It is so much harder to get tickets now because of preepies that just want to say "I toured with phish arnt I cool". If you are not a real phish fan dont make it harder for us. And dont go for drugs. If you are thier for drugs you shouldnt have tickets those type of people are making it harder for the real Phish phans.

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: fee]
    #1350140 - 03/04/03 12:58 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

My thoughts exactly.
It will get better. Just let all the hoopla about them getting back together die down.

OfflineTrippy Hippy
The great whitehunter
Loc: SouthEast
    #1350169 - 03/04/03 01:10 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

You have the same thoughts most other true phans do, too many kids with dads money, i tour with widespread when they do there southeast tour and the scene is totally different than the current phish scene (much more tolerable in my opinion), phish scenes feel more like a fraternity party then a phish concert, college kids have taken over the phish scene and it will probably be like that from now on, i love phish and always have but it is very disappointing seeing so many people catching the band wagon without knowing who the driver really is...

OfflineStubaby
crosseyed andpainless

Loc: Dudley's Kitchen
    #1350242 - 03/04/03 01:37 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I agree. I'm an enormous fan of many different genres of music, and nothing beats going to the bands/artists you love live in concert. Phish concerts, though, are something special. It really pisses me off that people go because its the thing to do, or to get drugs or whatever; getting tickets that keep true fans from going. However, don't be quick to stereotype. I'm a typical college student, but just because I'm 20 and don't dress like a hippie doesn't mean I'm not a huge Phish fan. I went to three shows this winter tour, saw about 9 hours of music, and didn't stand around looking bored but danced and grooved my ass off for 9 hours. Anyways, though, keep rockin.

Relax, the world will spin beside itself and suck you in.

--------------------
Well everybody's dancin in a ring around the sun
Nobody's finished, we ain't even begun
So take off your shoes child, and take off your hat
Try on your wings and find out where it's at.

InvisiblePeachMan
Buster

Loc: Gotta Get Back to the Min...
    #1351825 - 03/05/03 06:06 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

in cincy some frat boy went nuts yelling "reba! reba!" when they were a good three minutes into ANTELOPE

in gboro, another frat fuck turned to his friend and said "god i love ghost" when page kicked off wolfmans. shit like this pisses me off beyond belief. stupid preppie unknowledgable drunk fucks ruining a good atmosphere and good time. go back to your goddamned dave matthews, thats what he is around for. to keep these frat and sororitory whores occupied while real music fans appreciate real music.

christ.

--------------------
Santa Claus ain't legal-- and he's around.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #1351890 - 03/05/03 06:26 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

In french, 'fee' means 'faery'.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #1352305 - 03/05/03 09:57 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

2000 was good huh?

Newbie.

I seen twice as much nitrous, e and tour rats back in 2000 than now. West coast to denver had a nice scene friendly folks, I could care less if they had money at least they ain't begging for change. Less glow sticks and no nitrous hissing, less bunk drugs. The drunks have got to go tho, they are annoying, loud and abnoxious.

Phish won't be "the cool thing to do" for long. Trends never last. They will leave or the music will get to them.

Edited by Adom (03/05/03 10:00 AM)

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: Adom]
    #1352416 - 03/05/03 10:57 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

And why am I a newbie? I dont understand. Thier was cool people at the hampton shows but their was still allot of people not enjoying the show for what it is. Its sad. All I was saying is that the atmosphere has changed. It seems more people are concerned about getting high than watching phish. I personally like to see phish sober that way I wont miss anything and enjoy it for what it is. After the show is a good time to party but it doesnt mean that you have to get wasted. YOU CAN GET HIGH ANYWHERE YOU CANT SEE PHISH JUST ANYWHERE. I wish that drugs were never a factor that way people wouldnt go for the "drug scene". I really hope Phish wasnt associated with drugs cause thier wouldnt be this problem.

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1352497 - 03/05/03 11:35 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah there was this dude on the Mboards saying how he had a "great time at Phish" saying how he did all these drugs and shit. So someone asked him how the show was and he said he didnt even go in.

How the hell are you going to "have a great time at Phish" if you dont go in?!
I think this is what youre talking about.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1352659 - 03/05/03 12:37 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

EXACTLY

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
Turtletotem said:

Religion is fun.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1352711 - 03/05/03 12:53 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

FRAT BOYS RULE!

ROAR!

/me shotguns budweiser and throws can at hippies...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1352729 - 03/05/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Phish is not the Dead man, cut them some slack....even the greatest band in the land had some off years.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineDr. Slavic
enthusiast
Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1352752 - 03/05/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Phish sucks!!!!!!!!

"The wheels are the things on the car that touch the ground"
WTF kind of lyrics are those??

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1352909 - 03/05/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

haha it happens

you can either spend a lot of time going to small shows trying to find the gems, or you can go to big shows with well-known bands and lame crowds.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: djfrog]
    #1353279 - 03/05/03 06:12 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

listen to phish for real that is one song. They are the most talented band out thier. I would love to see someone else play the guitar like Trey. The crowd just sucks now it brings me down. Hopefully jt will go back to like it was in 96 but it wont but its worth wishing for. And those arent even the lyrics.

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
Turtletotem said:

Religion is fun.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #1353836 - 03/06/03 03:49 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I'm sorry I called you a newbie I didn't mean it as a slander, I just can't believe someone would like the mess of the summer of 2000 over this winter tour.

Drunken frat boys have been a part of the Phish scene since day 1. They started off a college bar band. The music is still great and thats all that matters to me.

Offlinenicene
milkman

Loc: NC
    #1354088 - 03/06/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Ok, here's my take on it all and where I fit into the whole picture....

1) Phish, whethere or not you like it...IS tailored to the tripper's experience.  In my opinion,  Phish is all about the mushroom.  I agree, leave most of the drugs at the door for a phish show.  You should go to a Phish show planning to have a good time regardless. 

2) Thoughts on Phish... Although everyone feels like drugs shouldn't be the 'integral' part of the show, shroom once during a show and tell me that it wasn't planned that way by the boys of Phish themselves :smile:  Please people, just be into the music and act responsibly.

3) I'll agree on the frat-boy types.  There does seem to be an over-abundance of this sort of group.  I hope that this segment of the show dies away fast.  I would guess that they contribute to a majority of the stupid shit happening at shows.

That being said, I will definitely admit to being 'not sober' at a phish show.  Do I go just for the drugs?  Hell no.  Not by any means.  That's why I love the concept of multiple sets.  Usually after the fist set, you are more or less yourself after a nice trip.  That leaves a good 2 hours of semi-sober rocking out.  It's the best of both worlds in my opinion. 

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: nicene]
    #1354106 - 03/06/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Phish learned to play like they do consuming mass amounts of mushrooms and cannibis and jamming for 8 hours, Phish is the reason drugs are at the shows, I do not see a problem with this. Its when the drugs become the main course for punks that it gets annoying to those of us who use them as the added spice to the music.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: Adom]
    #1354530 - 03/06/03 08:32 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

People shouldn't even be allowed to listen to Phish until they decide to dedicate every waking moment they have to obsessing about the band.

Give people a break, you don't have to be a complete fanatic (which is kind of pathetic, sorry) to enjoy the music. I really like Phish, they're a great band, but saying that only the truly dedicated, or those that can identify every single song properly should be allowed to go is elitist and retarded. Isn't the whole thing supposed to be about openness and fun?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Phish why isnt it what it was [Re: Phluck]
    #1354552 - 03/06/03 08:40 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

here, here!

or is it hear, hear?

regardless...

/me shotguns another beer and throws it at a hippy!

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract