Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
How long dryiing
    #1350774 - 03/04/03 06:16 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

How long do I need to keep the shrooms in the desiccant chamber for? ...Assuming I've had them by a fan for 24 hours.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
Re: How long dryiing [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1350809 - 03/04/03 06:37 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

check them at 24 hour intervals. it shouldnt take anymore than a few days.

--------------------

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Re: How long dryiing [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #1351335 - 03/05/03 01:40 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

check them for what exactly  :confused:

when i put them in there they are already light, dry and somewhat "crispy".  I don't think I will be able to physically tell any difference... 

how many days is a safe bet that all the moisture is out of them?

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #1351367 - 03/05/03 02:05 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

They should be completely "crispy" They should snap if you try to break a stem. No squishyness what-so-ever.

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Re: How long dryiing [Re: Redstorm]
    #1351559 - 03/05/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

You guys are so good at avoiding the question that you could be politicians. I know they have to be cracker dry! But I'm not gonna snap all my shrooms just to check.

If you put them in the desiccant container about HOW MANY DAYS do they need to stay in there to ensure dryness? Most people use desiccant, there must be an "average time" that people would agree upon.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1351563 - 03/05/03 04:30 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

really unless yur gonna take them someplace, i dont see why you wouldnt just keep them in the dessicator, it cant hurt nothing, and that will make sure they are dry as fuck, if you put them anywhere else you can get moisture

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1351576 - 03/05/03 04:36 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

If you put them in the desiccant container about HOW MANY DAYS do they need to stay in there to ensure dryness? Most people use desiccant, there must be an "average time" that people would agree upon.

many factors contribute to drying time: atmosphere humidity, etc. Make sure that you use enough desiccant for the amount of mushrooms. AFOF uses a quart of desiccant in a 1/2 gal container to 4 oz. of wet fungus. Keep the container sealed and leave them there for about 3 days. That is assuming that you are using fresh desiccant to allow for maximum drying.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Re: How long dryiing [Re: grib]
    #1351591 - 03/05/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

thanks

I can't just leave them in there forever, since the dang things keep growing and I gotta keep picking 'em!  That's why I want to know about how many days would be good to do the job.  :tongue: 

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1351603 - 03/05/03 04:47 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

you can make a huge dessicator dude, if i understand right that stuff is made to dry houses for painting.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Re: How long dryiing [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1351623 - 03/05/03 04:52 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I could, but I could also rub my sack and lick my hand.  But I don't plan on it.  :grin: 

I'm just playin.  :wink:  My closet's way too full already... not much room for stuff. 

--------------------

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: How long dryiing [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1351638 - 03/05/03 04:57 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Got a toaster oven!!???

Set it to it's lowest setting, use the flat pan that comes with it and layer a few sheets of paper towel on the bottom..

Put the tray ON TOP OF THE OVEN, not IN THE OVEN, and it should not take very long!!!

This is of course after 3 days or so if air drying, when they are almost done.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale