Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: [FL] Family Sues Four Loko Over Son’s Death [Re: fapjack]
    #13507829 - 11/19/10 06:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No, I don't want to ban sunny side up eggs, though I would if I was King of the World. (They're nasty.)
But lots of places are required to have a warning about them on the menu, and I'm fine with that.

Why are you arguing from extremes? Obviously you don't want to eliminate all food labeling laws?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineClownswor
The One The Only
Male User Gallery

#13507841 - 11/19/10 06:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Who the fuck would want to drink paint thinner?  If people want to drink pain thinner I don't fucking care, the government shouldn't tell people they can't drink it.  Do you really think people are so stupid they would drink poison?  That is a very extreme example though, neither pain thinner nor heroin can be sold for human consumption. By your logic they should make alcohol illegal because of how dangerous it is.  I don't think there should be no regulation on food or drugs though, I just think manufacturers should be responsible listing the risks of a substance including alcohol and caffeine.  If someone wants to sell a drink with paint thinner and heroin they should be able to as well, just as long as they list the risks and ingredients.  Trust me, people wouldn't buy it.

Just the statement i pointed out proves to me. You sir are a idiot.
What do you classify alch as? Hmm a fucking poison. what about Cigs Poison. please before you speak try to comprehend what you are fucking typing /endrant

ALSO why the FUCK was there a gun Even out when there was drinking about? What the fuck. Idiot's Good riddance Darwinism at it's finest.

--------------------
I am a connoisseur of sorts.

Everything I post is fictional. None of what I post regarding cultivation of mushrooms is legit. Im am just an imaginary person living a imaginary life! Thank you.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Edited by Clownswor (11/19/10 06:47 AM)

OfflineShroomerette
Stranger
Loc: Flag
Re: [FL] Family Sues Four Loko Over Son’s Death [Re: Doc_T]
    #13508524 - 11/19/10 10:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
No, I don't want to ban sunny side up eggs, though I would if I was King of the World. (They're nasty.)
But lots of places are required to have a warning about them on the menu, and I'm fine with that.

Why are you arguing from extremes? Obviously you don't want to eliminate all food labeling laws?

Because this whole thread is about BANNING it, and you seem to be arguing on behalf of the government.  Everyone has said that the only thing a company SHOULD be required to do is put WARNING labels.  If people still want to drink themselves into oblivion they should be able to and the company should not be liable.

--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: [FL] Family Sues Four Loko Over Son’s Death [Re: Clownswor]
    #13508656 - 11/19/10 10:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You are honestly going to compare cigarettes with drinking paint thinner?  Everything can be a poison in the right quantity, including water.  Cigarettes certainly aren't good for you, but it isn't the same as drinking mineral spirts which have a rather low ld50, not to mention it would seriously damage your organs.

--------------------

OfflineShroomerette
Stranger
Loc: Flag
    #13508664 - 11/19/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
You are honestly going to compare cigarettes with drinking paint thinner?  Everything can be a poison in the right quantity, including water.  Cigarettes certainly aren't good for you, but it isn't the same as drinking mineral spirts which have a rather low ld50, not to mention it would seriously damage your organs.

I agree with you 1000%

--------------------
Leaving the shroomery forever

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: [FL] Family Sues Four Loko Over Son’s Death [Re: Shroomerette]
    #13509963 - 11/19/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, I understand your sentiments, but please do not be cold jerks because you're overcompensating for your drug use. Yes, no one forced three cans down his throat, and he should have read the warning label, but let's be honest, who expects that? For god's sakes, it is a tragedy! I mean, as I said that stuff gets you twisted as can be, but I wouldn't expect a mix of alcohol and caffeine to have such a dramatic emotional affect that you'd shoot yourself. Maybe make you puke and get the spins and become totally uninhibited, but not shoot yourself.
    And if the boy was depressed, he was probably drinking them in the hopes that it would ease his depression, as alcohol and caffienne usually do for a person. Now should the family sue? Well that is neither here no there in my book. Can you believe how grief stricken they must be? They cannot possibly be thinking right. Give it time. I'm sure the company will survive just fine. Do you know how many times alcohol and tobacco companies have been sued for people's deaths? Too many to count. It is not a big deal.
    To liken Four Loco to crack is silly, because it is just not at all. But that is a product of grief.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: [FL] Family Sues Four Loko Over Son’s Death [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #13509992 - 11/19/10 03:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Happy people just don't get drunk and drink caffeine and then shoot themselves.  The family is trying to find someone to blame for their son's decision, and it pisses me off.  He didn't want to live anymore, its not a tragedy, he didn't want to live anymore.  I would usually feel for the family, but I don't in this case because the family seems like money hungry assholes.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #13510058 - 11/19/10 03:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, completely agreed.
But that's how it goes, it's all fun and games until some (rich, white) kid dies.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: [FL] Family Sues Four Loko Over Son’s Death [Re: Doc_T]
    #13510477 - 11/19/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
^^^ and because of that, vodka is regulated.
It is available in certain strengths (mostly 80 proof) and standard sizes, all metric.
You can't get a gallon of vodka in one bottle- you can get 1.75L.

You're talking to a bunch of dopers here, not Westboro Baptist. C'mon.

40's are still legal, and people will continue to use Jager bombs. One can of four loko is not going to kill you period. I have never seen them sold in anything but individual units. It's a situation where anyone with a brain realizes theyre drunk as piss and quits drinking, particularly accounting for the syrupy nastiness of the drink making downing more than one disgusting.

Besides, they already took the energy blend out of it. So now it's just boozier Joose. I'm sure nobody will bitch if I spike my drink with extra hard spirits, I don't see this as reasonable.

--------------------

wat man rly

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom