Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
heart rate??
    #1347924 - 03/03/03 01:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i was wondering.. while you are tripping.. does your heart rate increase because of excitement or does it increase because of the psilocybin??? what is the risk of a heart attack while on shrooms and has anyone ever had a bad trip thinking they were gonna die because of heart attack?? lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: heart rate?? [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1347929 - 03/03/03 01:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure WHY your heart rate increases, but it's pretty natural as far as tripping goes. It's hard for your heart NOT to beat faster when the whole universe is coming straight at you and the walls are melting in front of your eyes and you're entering a whole new dimension...
If your heart is healthy and you're not prone to heart problems, then I see no reason why someone would have a heart attack on a trip. Ever see the warnings at theme parks for rollercoasters - "People with heart problems should refrain from taking this ride"... :wink: 

Edited by Sheepish (03/03/03 01:47 AM)

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: heart rate?? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1347943 - 03/03/03 01:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There's no special risk for a heart attacks on shrooms(as far as i know)

I thing the high heart rate is because of the excitement. But it could be a natural reaction against the psilocybin...

Try not to worry about your heart while tripping! I never feel my heart while tripping and it's pretty scary but try not to worry about it. It will be ok....

Male User Gallery
Re: heart rate?? [Re: Annom]
    #1347946 - 03/03/03 01:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx 4 the advice!

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1348542 - 03/03/03 05:33 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah your heart can beat at 200 bpm for days and you won't die.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlineloupgaroublond
watcher
    #1349557 - 03/04/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

I'm not sure about this, but i heard that shrooms (and possibly even acid) are part stimulant, making you wide awake while tripping. One thing i've noticed is the same feeling i get on speed, that by even just sitting there with my eyes closed and slowing my body down to nothingness, i still won't fall asleep, and i attribute that to the stimulating effects.
like wise i think weed might be part depressent even though its an hallucogen, but sometimes i'm hyper when i'm high so i'm really doubting that theory.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Its only fun until someone has a bad trip
Then its hillarious
---------------------------------------------------

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: heart rate?? [Re: loupgaroublond]
    #1350199 - 03/04/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I was actually worried about this before my first trip. but while i was tripping i couldnt even feel my heart beating.
I was worried because i do notice my heart a lot when i smoke pot. Thats my biggest problem with pot.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: heart rate?? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1350260 - 03/04/03 01:43 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

my heart beats really fucking fast when im really stoned, but when im tripping im usually just kicking back taking it all in, so it just beats normal.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1350697 - 03/04/03 05:33 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

How accurate (if at all) this is I don't know.

http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb/165_001/papers/manuscripts/_471.html

The myocardial infarction in the frequent users and in cases of sever intoxication suggest the possibility of cardiac damage related to psilocybin. According to recent studies, indole alkaloids are agonists at the 5-HT receptor in the central nervous system. However, peripherally they induce a sympathomimetic stimulation that leads to tachycardia and hypertension. In the past, the use of 5-HT agonists in migraine headaches was linked to myocardial infarction due to coronary vasoconstriction. In addition, serotonin receptor agonists can cause platelet hyperaggregation and occlusion of small coronary arteries. Because psilocybin is also an agonist of 5-HT receptors, it is conclusive from these observations that the use of this drug can lead to cardiac toxicity (Borowiak 1998).

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Male User Gallery
Re: heart rate?? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1351313 - 03/05/03 01:19 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

thanks for all the information guys .. by the way my heart beats soo fast when im stoned too.. thats what made me wonder about shrooms.. i dont want it to turn into a bad trip just because i feel like im gonna have a heart attack lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate