Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineApocolypse
Stoner
Loc: Central US
Quick question about perlite
    #1349930 - 03/04/03 11:28 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Hey everyone, I am new to the board and I have spent most of the day reading through. Very informative. My best friends dog has a grow going and he asked me to post his ? here. He started a 12 jar batch with only his know-how, and after reading here is not sure it will work. He used White rice flour and perlite, in 1/2 pint kerr jars that he pressure cooked. He used a mazapatec spore sprint on them and they have been in a dresser drawer for 2 weeks. Will the jars colonize correctly even with these ingredients in the substrate? Also, he has wondering what the highest yielding casing seems to be. He was thinking of using perlite and soil, would this work? He plans on casing in plastic trays and storing them in the closet, he thinks the casing and misting should provide enough humidity. Is he correct? Thanks in advance for the help.

--------------------
-All pictures and associated text featured in any posts of mine are the sole property of Batman who flies by my window in the morning, he asked me to post it online for him and so I do-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Quick question about perlite [Re: Apocolypse]
    #1349959 - 03/04/03 11:41 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

i dont think it will work, it should be brown rice because it still has the nutritious bran attatched which the the myc needs to get nourishment, but hey, give it a shot. I've seen perlite work, but isn't the ingredient of choice to make cakes with, colonization took forever. Perlite and soil will not work as a casing. Buy some verm, it's essential in this hobby.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineASloan471
Stranger

Loc: SC
Re: Quick question about perlite [Re: soochi]
    #1349965 - 03/04/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

--------------------
???`?._.?????`?._.????Reality Is Just A Crutch For Those Who Cant Handle The Drugs????._.???`???._.???`?

OfflineApocolypse
Stoner
Loc: Central US
Re: Quick question about perlite [Re: ASloan471]
    #1350004 - 03/04/03 12:01 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Well, he read futher on the site and it seems the prognosis looks grim. So he did the unthinkable and opened a jar. He doesn't know what to think. There appears to be a snowy white fuzz layer growing on top of substrate, it looks like mycelium, with small black specks (not many, the spores?) Is this a good sign? The jars are on day 13 of colonization, should they be farther along. It is very hard to source verm/canning jars here. Canning jars seem to be only seasonal and my friend cannot finr vermiculite at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Lowes, or Home Depot. Any suggestions where he should look? Thanks and I will attemp to post some pictures if my friends gf has her digi cam. Thanks.

--------------------
-All pictures and associated text featured in any posts of mine are the sole property of Batman who flies by my window in the morning, he asked me to post it online for him and so I do-

Edited by Apocolypse (03/04/03 12:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale