Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 64º08'00"N 21º56'00"W
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: awakendone]
    #13491410 - 11/16/10 06:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a closet dedicated to spawn jars/bags, so they're sitting
in there.
I've used to keep 'em in a room on a shelf by a window
and seen no difference in performance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: stonesun]
    #13491787 - 11/16/10 08:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome pictorial, thanks!!

Can anyone link to (or summarize) a quick dosing guide for both stones and fruits of sclerotia?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: gornyhuy]
    #13494463 - 11/16/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Not me, I'm sorry.
Maybe someone else can chime in, although it's pretty off topic
in a sclerotia GROWING guide...:ohwell:

Edited by stonesun (11/16/10 06:39 PM)

OfflineSuPaTriP
The Fun Guy
 User Gallery

Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: gornyhuy]
    #13514241 - 11/20/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:
Awesome pictorial, thanks!!

Can anyone link to (or summarize) a quick dosing guide for both stones and fruits of sclerotia?

As much as you think you can handle lol.
Didn't know there was a set dosing to anything.

Awesome article. Can't wait to give these a try. Thinking I will do these along side the tubs as a side project

--------------------
Intoxication is special because so much of our time is spent in sobriety...And the reverse would be true, eventually, if you tried to live your life in the opposite manner.

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried. -Stephen McCranie

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: SuPaTriP]
    #13515963 - 11/20/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Let us know how they turn out when you try them!:super:

Offlineukshroomer
Law Abider

Loc: Netherlands
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: stonesun]
    #13580028 - 12/04/10 01:15 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Stonesun. Hows it going? Really nice guide. I just inoculated a bunch of jars with LC which I made from a clone. I shook them right away and they seem to be growing really fast. 2 are already fully colonized. I have one quick question. How long does it take from full colonization until I see truffles beginning to form?

Thanks
UKShroomer

--------------------

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: ukshroomer]
    #13580624 - 12/04/10 07:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ukshroomer said:
I have one quick question. How long does it take from full colonization until I see truffles beginning to form?

Within a week of full colonization.
What did you clone?
Sclerotia or fruit tissue?

Offlineukshroomer
Law Abider

#13581051 - 12/04/10 10:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I cloned Sclerotia tissue.  I got the truffle from my local smartshop. I has been colonized for about a week now and I am not seeing any truffles forming. How long should I wait before worrying?
The mycelium is healthy white.

Thanks
UKShroomer

--------------------

Invisibleandymc
cocoa beetles from zanzibar
Male User Gallery

Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: stonesun] * 1
    #13582471 - 12/04/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Stonesun, could you possibly update your tek with a little bit more detail about your casing technique?

I have some RGS jars of Ps. gallindoi/ATL#7 that are a few months old, with well-developed sclerotia, but I'm interested in fruiting one or two of those jars for prints.

Another tek here describes casing the straight grain spawn.  Is it better to spawn to coir or one of the other bulk substrate materials, in your opinion?

As I understand it, the RGS should be cased with ~1/4" 50/50 peat/verm, with lime to get the pH up to ~8.  Should I spawn to a 50/50 coir/verm first, let colonize, and then case immediately before fruiting?  Or should the mycelium be allowed to break the casing layer before fruiting?  Or else should I spawn and case at the same time a la cased cubes, and allow to break the casing layer before fruiting?  One sees so much different information around but you seem to be one of the experts at getting these to fruit.

I stupidly tried spawning to coir/verm without casing, like cubes, and got no pinning activity, :doh:

--------------------
How I make spore prints
Trade List
My flow hood

If he asks me "Did you have a good time?" I'll say,
"Get the lights, Mr. Grim Reaper"  -odds

OfflinePscientist
KushKaptain
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sirius X1
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: andymc]
    #13582634 - 12/04/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Stonesun has said in this thread and told me personally that he doesn't let his galindoi casings sit at all and begins to fruit them immediately, I personally would advise spawning to a bulk sub instead of just fruiting cased grains

hope this helps

--------------------
Any information posted on this website from this account is hypothetical and only to be used for legal purposes. :super:

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: andymc]
    #13585670 - 12/05/10 01:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"Should I spawn to a 50/50 coir/verm first, let colonize, and then case immediately before fruiting?"

"Or should the mycelium be allowed to break the casing layer before fruiting?"

"Or else should I spawn and case at the same time a la cased cubes, and allow to break the casing layer before fruiting?"

These are good questions....I bet that they have been
covered by SS's grow threads,
but a reiteration would be appreciated.

I too have ATL7 jars, one at about 1.5 months and the other
at two weeks.  I hope to get some fruits from these jars.

Take care,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

OfflinePscientist
KushKaptain
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: Javadog]
    #13586966 - 12/05/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Javadog said:
"Or else should I spawn and case at the same time a la cased cubes, and allow to break the casing layer before fruiting?"

sorry but you must be doing something wrong, or you are slightly confused.. thats not how casings are traditionally applied.. The bulk sub is allowed to colonize, and then it is cased, it is up to the individual whether they allow the mycelium to break through or not, In terms of cubes

However in both cases colonization of the casing is not recommended and it defeats its purpose, which is to provide a humid micro climate close to the surface of the mycelium with good airflow , which is the purpose of a casing no matter the species, colonization limits the airflow of the casing layer

I personally have experience with spawning this species to straight verm and it gave decent results, more nutrients  and available moisture by means of a bulk sub can only help the colony of mycelium so I would suggest spawning to bulk sub

in summary , casing is applied after colonization directly before fruiting, and not allowed to colonize at all,

I dont mean to steal your thunder stonesun Im just trying to help JD out, and I hope you aren't offended JD im just trying to clear up some easily mistaken issues,

but by all means if you dont trust me wait for stonesun to answer :grin:

--------------------
Any information posted on this website from this account is hypothetical and only to be used for legal purposes. :super:

Invisibleandymc
cocoa beetles from zanzibar
Male User Gallery

Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: Pscientist]
    #13587170 - 12/05/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was the one asking those questions.  In any case thanks for clearing that up.  I've never cased anything before.

--------------------
How I make spore prints
Trade List
My flow hood

If he asks me "Did you have a good time?" I'll say,
"Get the lights, Mr. Grim Reaper"  -odds

OfflinePscientist
KushKaptain
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #13587564 - 12/05/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

oops my bad:bonghit:

:braindamage:

--------------------

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: Pscientist]
    #13589448 - 12/06/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ukshroomer said:
How long should I wait before worrying?

I wouldn't worry for another couple of weeks.
What was your substrate?

Quote:

andymc said:
Stonesun, could you possibly update your tek with a little bit more detail about your casing technique?
Is it better to spawn to coir or one of the other bulk substrate materials, in your opinion?

I might just do that.
Both straight cased grains and spawn to bulk works, I thought this was obvious from this thread.
If you want bigger, healthier fruits then spawn to bulk just like Pscientist suggested it.
I've spawned P. mexicana to coir and did well, but P. galindoi performed poor.
My favorite bulk now is horse manure/straw/coir/vermiculite/gypsum (40/20/20/15/5).
You got the rest right about the casing material and thickness.

Quote:

Pscientist said:
I dont mean to steal your thunder stonesun Im just trying to help JD out, and I hope you aren't offended

Not at all.

Offlineukshroomer
Law Abider

#13590844 - 12/06/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey stonesun. Hows it going? My substrate was rye berries. I simply loaded the rye berries into the jars with the correct amount of water and sterilized for 1 hour. I also did a few jars using RogerRabbit's rye prep tek. I found that the jars I had prepared by simply putting the rye grain and water into jars actually colonized much faster than the ones using the RR method. I attribute this to the fact that the grains are softer and more puffed up making it easier for the mycelium to attach itself and start growing. The downside to this method is that the grains have to be shaken while still hot or they can clump together. When I make grain spawn for cubes and other species I still stick to the RR method. I am using 870 ml microboxes with homemade silicone injection ports. I do my inoculations in open air and I have not had a single contamination yet! I find that mexicana mycelium is very thin and tempermental. It is rather easy to get the LC into a syringe. I made some LC syringes of z-strain today and the needle got clogged 5 time while I was aspirating the mycelium.

The tek I used for my grain prep can be found here.
http://www.mushmush.nl/?page=begin\methods\making_grain_spawn

--------------------

OfflineOoBYCoO
One grow down, a million to go!!
Male

Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: ukshroomer]
    #13608175 - 12/09/10 04:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:
I was just looking into this and here you are!  You're the man!

Hey, any chance you have a pdf of your guide?

Edited by OoBYCoO (12/09/10 04:24 PM)

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: OoBYCoO]
    #13608212 - 12/09/10 04:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:themoreyouknow: :curbyourenthusiasm:

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #13608389 - 12/09/10 04:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"Let's Grow Sclerotia by stonesun" coming soon?
:smilingpuppy:

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print To Spore Prints (VER 1.0) [Re: total]
    #13608399 - 12/09/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

total said:
"Let's Grow Sclerotia by stonesun" coming soon?
:smilingpuppy:

:yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale