Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Mr.Al]
    #13504894 - 11/18/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"nazi fascism" was your word.. not mine...but i think it will pass the walk-like-a-duck-talk-like-a-duck test when (not if) military and prison spending do skyrocket..irregardless of ron pauls' blathering...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #13504909 - 11/18/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Your sig. which plays the race card and paints the ridiculous picture of Teaparty ideals as being similar to Nazi Germany is what I am referring to.

If you cared enough to look at any of the old videos of Ron Paul you would find that he has changed his position on only one issue through decades of political office.

He is consistent and does not lie.

You can't seem to wrap your mind around the idea of a Republican congressman who is antiwar and pro freedom.

How many drone bombers has the current administration paid for?

Who is the warmonger?  It certainly isn't Dr.Paul.

Edited by Mr.Al (11/18/10 05:03 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13505562 - 11/18/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Learyfan said:
That's fucking scary.

that's how you can spot a liberal

You don't really think it's okay to hold people without being tried or without a trial.  There's no way. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Learyfan]
    #13506912 - 11/18/10 11:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ron Paul was talking about bringing all the troops home A.S.A.P.

The current administration has no intention of doing that.

Foreign policy hasn't really changed since Bush left office.

funny you say that. Repubs were in office when that happened and its been hardcore demos since... Why is it that government seems to lie? get bigger? probably cuz there all corrupt. People need to start realizing that both parties are evil. Why is it theres two super powers? geez its like a fuckin civil war. Mostly corruption.

I have neglected this thread, glad to be back and trolll HARD :hi:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Mr.Al]
    #13507158 - 11/19/10 12:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Al said:
Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
So what do you guys propose we do with the chronically unemployed, elderly and disabled? Shoot them or gas them?

People often consider government to be the only "benefactor" for the poor, elderly, and disabled.  Fact is government does not give of it's own resources because it rightfully owns nothing.

If it were not expected for government to support those with no means perhaps individuals would simply take care of family and friends who are S.O.L.

What if they themselves are unable to do that? What then? Do we just let them starve because they are "unproductive economic units"?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13507394 - 11/19/10 02:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Would you let someone starve when you had the means to help?  Would you befriend or tolerate someone who would?  If not we're fucked anyways, and the very existance of these programs suggests the majority of the people wouldn't.

There was aid for the hungry and poor before taxes went through the rought and it was made public.  My great grandfather was thrown out of his house at 13, learned a trade in a monastary, and later opened a buisnes as a tailor/drycleaner.

Further, prety much noone is suggesting that those unable to care for themselves be thrown on the streets, its the borderline cases we're talking about here- a border that likely is far, far shifted due to the existance of these programs and the additional regulation making employment for marginally useful members of society even more difficult and unrewarding for both employer and employee.

My great grandpa?  He couldn't have learned a trade today, and probably would have never succeded, dieing in a house he owned fully and with a profitable buisness and no debts.  Child labor laws would have prevented his working for the monastary and working at all, for that matter.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: johnm214]
    #13507443 - 11/19/10 02:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sadly, I'm here to tell you that are plenty of people just like that. I myself aren't one of them but I've met more than my fair share of people who would let such a thing take place.

That's awesome about your great-grandpa - He was one of the lucky ones. A lot of children labored unto death in dangerous jobs such as coal mining and factories.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: "So anna, how does a party platform of small government equate to Nazi Fascism?"... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13507548 - 11/19/10 03:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I agree he is an exceptional case, but it is still a situation worthy of consideration.  I myself never held a legal job as a juvenile, despite working for 'legitimate' companies, only one of which employed me under the table (would have been illegal even if I paid payroll, that job involved lawn equipment, something banned for children in my state- but only if they're being paid for it, not if mom tells you to mow the damn lawn).  The laws are ridiculous.

Again, I don't think you'll find disagreement that those incapable of work should be cared for- the elderly, children, ill.  Its the other folks that we're talking about here, and the definition of just who they are.

I happen to think private funding can handle most of these problems in honorable and acceptable ways.

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
    #13518761 - 11/21/10 10:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think that welfare from government discourages the populace from giving freely of their own.

Government welfare is charity at the point of a gun.

People think that charity is not their job because they "pay taxes" and government "takes care of the needy".

Government thus lowers the moral standard of society.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies