Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineASloan471
Stranger

Loc: SC
HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP! NEED SUGGESTIONS!!!!
    #1348741 - 03/03/03 09:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post Deleted by Administrator

--------------------
???`?._.?????`?._.????Reality Is Just A Crutch For Those Who Cant Handle The Drugs????._.???`???._.???`?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP! NEED SUGGESTIONS!!!! [Re: ASloan471]
    #1348764 - 03/03/03 09:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Damn man, that's a pretty funny scenario. 

Umm....Well, you could let them colonize then maybe keep them in the dark at room temp until it warms up a little bit more, then you could start an outdoor patch, your roommates can't really get pissed if some shrooms happen to "pop" up in your backyard. 

If you have to fruit them  right now, and you fruit them under the house, how are you gonna provide fresh air exchange? 

And if you were gonna do it, and you were good with electrical shit, I'd say just run an outlet.  If not, then go with the christmas lights to a battery.    Or you could fruit it in something transparent. 

As for heating, I'd say your temps are beginning to settle into fruiting range, although you probably do have a couple more cold snaps left.    If you were to run an outlet, you could simply use a fish tank heater in a jar of water,  much like an incubator. 

Good luck

Where's my print? :wink:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineTrippy Hippy
The great whitehunter
Loc: SouthEast
    #1348792 - 03/03/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You might luck out on the temperature, i do believe the winter has come to an end in SC, it is suspose to be 75 wednesday so i doubt it will be dropping much lower then 50 during nights which actually might be good for fruiting, i would suggest that you just fan it when you get a chance and give it light then that would probably be enough, and an outdoor patch would be kickin' considering all the rain and the temps getting warmer. If you are going to be using cakes you could use a rather large cooler and set them on a rack of sorts so oxygen deprevation won't be to much of a consideration, plus i believe they would produce there own heat inside a well insulated cooler enough to keep them slightly more then the surroundings, light may be an issue though, if your roomies are away during a few hours a day the cooler could be set outside with indirect or evening light. I recently saw a post with someone using manure in the bottom of a big tupperware and they had no ventilation or outside humidity source and they did rather well. i'm not sure about the light situation though. good luck...

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1349214 - 03/04/03 09:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I say split the cakes by half and case them in a large container. Not as much maintenance as cakes and a little more stealthy to boot.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation