Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Medical fraud.
    #1348322 - 03/03/03 07:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was looking through this: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Victims/victims.html

It's amazing what kind of bullshit people are selling and the insane claims they're making. It's not that surprising that people buy into it; they want to believe that their ailments can be treated with magical rocks or fantastic energy producing machines.

The truth is, people are being preyed upon by con-artists. They are abandoning perfectly reasonable and viable treatments for so called "alternative" therapies which do absolutely nothing.

People need to learn about the effects of a placebo, the validity of testimonials as evidence, and what constitutes good scientific research.

People are effectovely being murdered by these criminals. Keep yourself informed.

"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemr freedom
Re: Medical fraud. [Re: Phluck]
    #1350357 - 03/04/03 04:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I read the site; it's a damn shame.

"In the mid-1980s, the American Dietetic Association asked its members to report cases of people harmed by inappropriate nutrition advice from bogus "nutritionists," health-food store operators, and others. Between 1986 and 1990, the association received more than 500 such reports. Unfortunately, the system contained no mechanism to make the data useful for research or public education. Although the dietitians submitting the reports knew the identity of the victims, the reports contained no identifying information, and no attempt was made to seek the victim's permission to permit publication or further inquiry."

I gleaned this from the website as well. You did say "good scientific research". Did you mean this to refer ONLY to doctors that practice modern "WESTERN" medicine? If so, I encourage you to seek RATIONAL reasoning relating to the CAUSES of disease.

A quick check will show that, in europe, diabetics are being treated, not with insulin, but with MINERALS.
The RDA for vitamins and minerals has STEADLY gone up over the last 50 years. The AMA NOW suggests that women should add SUPPLEMENTS to their diets; why do you suppose that is???

My BIG question is this: why do doctors not PREACH to the masses PREVENTION OF DISEASE????

Granted, rubbing a "salve" over your face to "cure" cancer is ludicrous and the perpetrator of such a FRAUD should be forced to suffer the same fate as his poor patient. However, we shouldn't just limit our understanding of FRAUD to charlatans. Certainly MEDICAL DOCTORS that kill patients should also be counted in this arena as well.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology