Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Reshaping My Thoughts
    #1348303 - 03/03/03 07:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I am currently molding my life into what I want it to be.
Some months ago I decided that I was only going to get out of this life what I wanted from it. I play bass guitar (2 years now), and I am going to have a sucessful band in the music world. I know this is a common goal of many people and they never make it. However, I only see that as a reason not to do it before I even begin.
Music is what I want to be involved with for a good chunk of my life (I eventually want to make stories for movies, sort of how Rob Zombie does). Ever since I realized that I had better find out what I really want out of life, I have seen a pathway in front of me. I recognize what I need to do and what I don't to help me get closer to my goals. I realize who is helpful and who isn't. I am very talented on my instrument (not my ego filling itself, i'm saying this to seperate me from all the other ones who try to get somewhere but actually have no talent and suck). I quit high school in my senior year (halfway through the year) to focus on my advancements. I have a band (we haven't practiced for awhile due to some transportation problems, and I don't think this will be the band I get somewhere with).
Anyways, looking at your entire future can be scary and discouraging. There aren't a lot of times that I can actually look forward to the future and grin because I'm naturally lazy. I mean, I have a lot of problems within me and I have been dragging them out and facing them head on.
Every once and awhile I get caught up in some negative and depressing headspaces. I eventually get out of them, but the damage is done. Basically, what I want is to be able to enjoy everything I do. I want to be positive 100% of the time. I get closer to this everyday, I think, but it still hurts when I get caught up in these moods. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone faces similar problems as I do and how you get out of the negative areas of your mind.
Thanks for your time.

(it really takes a lot more time to describe my whole situation, but this is a good enough summary, i think)

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Reshaping My Thoughts [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1348487 - 03/03/03 06:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I like your approach to life. I am trying to live that way myself. I am only doing what spiritually feels like the right path. Feels good. my philosophy is make a life not a living.

Re negative thoughts, check out my negative thoughts strategy in support group central.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #1471944 - 04/19/03 12:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you can dream of bein a rock n roll star but if you only dream u aint gettin anywhere. u gotta work for it man.

HOW MUCH D YA WANT IT?

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6555058 - 02/11/07 08:32 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well, in the spirit of michael's recent thread, I went digging through some old posts of mine and I found this one, created exactly 1,394 days ago, I'm warned. :smirk:

Tonight I feel rather different than I did then. I've certainly grown, and my life situation is different, but right now I don't feel like I have much of any real path. Then I was committed to a life of musikk and jamming in a band, and now I'm working retail to pay bills and have a place to live, and I just don't see that happening. At the same time, I'm starting to feel unfufilled in my work, whereas I've been quite driven before.

I'm wondering if I should get back into musikk more but it just doesn't seem to be a sustainable path. I'm wondering if I should step down from my hourly supervisor position and go back to overnights and deal with less responsibility, but I tell myself that I have an entire life ahead of me and I need to go somewhere, not fall back.

I guess I'm feeling very conflicted about all of this right now? I was quite the idealist back then and I still think it is important, nay, necessary to have that determination and drive in order to accomplish anything, but I feel that fire dying out as I have a sense that I'm going nowhere. I could stick with retail and advance further if I apply myself (I hope, I'm beginning to wonder if I just suck at what I do) and save lots of money and buy a house and land somewhere, but, other than that, it would be difficult for me to do something else as far as a career goes because I did not seek a higher education back then and I have no other experience.

I guess I'm just bummed out. I don't know. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6555063 - 02/11/07 08:33 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Wow... four years since then... :crazy:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6555076 - 02/11/07 08:36 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

how you get out of the negative areas of your mind.

I watch Caddyshack.:heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Reshaping My Thoughts [Re: Icelander]
    #6555093 - 02/11/07 08:41 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

My dad loves that movie. I haven't seen it in so long that I really don't even know it, except for the plastic explosives shaped as little animals piece. :grin:

I seek your counsel, Ice. :wink:

/wonders if you will post that viking picture that says "Who summons me" or whatever :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6557593 - 02/12/07 12:30 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The Dali Lama bit in Caddyshack is one of my favorite bits anywhere. You should get a good buzz on and watch it.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology