Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
VERY potent mushrooms?
    #1347352 - 03/02/03 04:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum..

I was talking to these older dudes(40is) about mushrooms and i showed em some i had layin around and they laughed at me :frown:..  They said they only do these little black ones that are SUPER potent.  Like 1 gram makes 3 people have a fun night.. Like mabey a levle 2-3 trip..  He said there from BC what could they be??? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: Legoulash]
    #1347369 - 03/02/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't like stupid fucks who think they know a lot coz they're 40.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1347374 - 03/02/03 04:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Those would be the ones drenched in acid, because there is no mushroom like that in nature.

Offlinelivetoride007
psilocybinator

Loc: Atlanta
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1347375 - 03/02/03 04:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Probably panaelous cyanescens, but 1 gram wont make 3 people have a level 2-3 trip, ive only had them once, i ate 2 grams and had a level 4.

--------------------
"Ben Harper is so Ben Harper that he made Ben Harper, Ben Harper" -Bonnaroo 2003

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #1347378 - 03/02/03 04:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The only thing that i think they could be talking about is Psilocybe beocystis but also sounds like these guys just dont know what there talking about because i personally have nevery seen a little blank psilocybe mushroom.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #1347381 - 03/02/03 04:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Edit: Livetoride beat me to it but oh well, I'll keep it here to agree
They were probably talking about Psilocybe Cyanescens which are quite potent but this is still a gross exaggeration. No mushroom is that potent that isn't laced. Usually one would consume anywhere between 2-3 grams for a nice night.

--------------------

Edited by @cro (03/02/03 04:19 PM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1347978 - 03/03/03 02:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A mushroom like this does not exist. Azures, Cyans, and Baeos are all very potent mushrooms from BC, but not nearly THAT potent.

Anonymous

#1348004 - 03/03/03 02:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: ]
    #1348292 - 03/03/03 05:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Or they were really blued mushooms and they thought they were black......or aborts..  :grin:  But I don't think a gram would do 3 poeple no matter what they were...Unless they were the kind of people that would get drunk on one beer...Or if there definition of fun is somewhat lower than most peoples..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (03/03/03 05:27 AM)

Anonymous

Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: motaman]
    #1348370 - 03/03/03 05:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1348400 - 03/03/03 06:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Pan cyans bruise to almost black, if they are dried poorly. They are little, and 1gram would be able to be split amongst 2-3 people for a level 2 maybe.

Best I could think of, but they wouldn't be growing in BC.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: Raadt]
    #1348405 - 03/03/03 06:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know because i have ate cyans plenty of times and If i take 1 gram to myself it just gives me a low buzz i dont see how .5 g could do much unless they have never done mushrooms or maybe if they were a midget.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: Raadt]
    #1348576 - 03/03/03 05:51 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

1 gram of pan cyans is only threshold for me to.
I would have to concurr with MrMushrooms:
idiot, liar or both.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: canid]
    #1349828 - 03/04/03 10:58 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

I tried to bring this up before the Shroomry went down.

Earlier today I had to register under another name becasue all of my posts were missing but now hopefully they are all back,

Jonathan Ott, I, Jeremy Bigwood and Gartz have eaten cyanescens and/or did analysis on same which provided us researchers with more than 7 doses once in a dried gram of primordia shrooms, not attaining a height of less than 3/4 of an inch in size.

Hundreds were gathered from mulch (alder Steer-co) and we freeze-dried them in a vacuum and split one dried gram amongst seven people. We have also given ten people an equal anmount from one gram and everyone reported a two to three hour experience with mild visuals with eyes closed.

This makes P. cyanescens the most potent of shrooms.

Cubensis take from three to five dried grams or more for a trip equivelent to a Mazatec Indian ceremonial dosage.

That means there are from 5-6 dried doses in a dried ounce of P. cubensis and 12 to 15 doses in a fresh pound of P. cubensis.

A normal ounce of P. cyanescens generally yields from 30-40 doses per dried ounce or from a fresh pound of larger shrooms. However if there were only 30-40 large dried P. cyanescens' in the bag that is all you would get high (35 doses, but if there were more than one hundred smaller shrooms in the bag weighting one dried ounce then you could get 40 to 80 people off on the same weight.

The smaller ones have as much as a bigger shroom sometimes.

And then shrooms picked on one side of the street could be twice the potency of those ont he oterh side of the street. This would be due to the nutrients in the mulch beds where the shrooms appear.

As for the Pan cyans, you should read the paper I posted on Hawaiian, Austrlaian and Thailand collections and their analysis. Four human subjects in a controlled environment all reported a rewarding experience on one dried gram of my Hawaiian shrooms, equal to 7 to 10 fresh shrooms. Yet in Hawaii, many users after a FEW YEARS OF EATIUNG cOPELANDIA CYANESCENS DEVELOPE VERY LARGE RESISTENCE TO THAT SPECIES REQUIRING from 50 TO 300 MUSHROOMS TO GET HIGH.

And if they are picked and handled properly and carried with no movement like a cup of hot coffe than w
they will not stain black from rot and poor handling. There are many dried images posted at my site under the species section which show the Copelandia in various stages of drying. When I first collected them they always rotted and/or turned black and stringy and gooey. IT took years to develope the feeling of collectuing them without causing oxidation.

Also the Copelandia shrooms in Hawaii were high in psilocybine and low in psilocine while the Australian collections showed a high level of psilocine and low levels of psilocybine.

mj

Offlinelivetoride007
psilocybinator

Loc: Atlanta
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1350252 - 03/04/03 01:40 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

The p. cyanescens i oredered and ate were tiny and completely black. But those dudes were lying about potency.

--------------------
"Ben Harper is so Ben Harper that he made Ben Harper, Ben Harper" -Bonnaroo 2003

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: livetoride007]
    #1350299 - 03/04/03 01:58 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Would that be Psilocybe cyanescens or Copelandia cyanescens?

mj

The Panaeolus are usually signified by a Pn. cyanescens so as not to confuse the two genera.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: VERY potent mushrooms? [Re: ]
    #1350323 - 03/04/03 02:07 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

He said there from BC what could they be???

A joke. If they are that smart they should know that black active mushrooms do not exist.

Either they are dumb or they are pulling your leg. Ask them what species they are.

Cheers,

Actually I believe there is a black staining weakly active mushroom, i believe it is in the hygrophanus(sp?) genus, anyway it's common name is witch's cap.

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1350404 - 03/04/03 02:49 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Well no there not lying or stupid..

But they were probley just exagerating.. Kinda like when they'd walk up hill both ways :tongue:..

They didnt realy give me any details about there trip or what they looked like..  And they were probley just complaining because a flying space coyote sold em some and they said they were good but nothing compared to the little black ones from BC.
:smirk:

Thanks for the info everybody :laugh:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1350507 - 03/04/03 03:50 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

to me, an exageration is a lie.
if soemone says something other than the truth and know you are doing it.
if they are professing to know more about what they are saying than they actualy do, and so, don't realize that they are saying is beyond the scope of reality, they are an idiot.

however, i have not experienced a dose consisting entirely of P. cyanescens, so i suppose i can't say for dure that the claim is false. what i will say then, is that i am doubtful.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1350616 - 03/04/03 04:33 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Actually I believe there is a black staining weakly active mushroom, i believe it is in the hygrophanus(sp?) genus, anyway it's common name is witch's cap.

The mushroom you're describing is Hygrocybe conica. As you will note from the link, it is of unknown edibility. I am not aware of it containing any sort of psychedelic compounds. If you can post a link to a reference of this I would find it interesting.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder