Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekonzum
Strange
Male

Frequent use of small dosages of LSD * 1
    #13481418 - 11/14/10 04:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hi!

Never cared much for introductory posts but since this is my first post i suppose it's decent to say hello :smile:

I tried to find a similar topic in the forum but couldn't quite find a similar discussion, so I'll just ask.

I'm interested in whether anyone has experience in frequent (3-4 times monthly) long term (year or more) usage of not so high quantities of acid, such as 1/2 to 1 tab of acid (suppose that would be roughly about 100ug?)

Occasionally I enjoy a good intense experience, but I enjoy even more the casual feeling I get from a milder hit, during which I can normally interact with my environment. Doing daily chores as well.

I feel that it could give great insight in many things to observe and interact with society, without the inhibition of not being able to stay subtle and appearing obviously spaced out.

Also, friday nights seem a more enjoyable experience, though this is connected to the fact that during the time i do not drink much alcohol, whereas i've been used to getting wasted alot earlier.

Any thoughts on the subject?

--------------------
"Laws and rules replace the ability to see and to act, and to handle with respect, a society based on limits, instead of responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: konzum]
    #13481437 - 11/14/10 05:21 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I feel that it could give great insight in many things to observe and interact with society, without the inhibition of not being able to stay subtle and appearing obviously spaced out.

i think exactly the same. i used small doses of cubensis for a week or so, your own mind will says when to stop.

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: x7x_x7x]
    #13481869 - 11/14/10 09:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i disagree- you are only gaining a tolerance and letting your ego learn how to control the experience-

The goal on any psychedelic should be complete ego death and if your lucky complete unity with what the mystics throughout history have called "God"

You should take large doses in a safe environment- the journey is inward and often times the ego becomes awe-struck with the world outside to prevent you from delving in

Also, the bad trip is a myth, it is only your ego struggling- if you arent asking yourself questions like what is it to be, and what is awareness etc you haven't taken enough or at leasthavent given in enough-

This is the first time in history that we have ingested these substances .for reasons other than spiritual- do it right, heroic doeses in spiritual context-

Good luck, with much love-
nomaD

Invisiblewaves

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: AwakenKundalini]
    #13481885 - 11/14/10 09:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by waves (11/25/10 07:31 PM)

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: waves]
    #13481899 - 11/14/10 09:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It is the deconstruction and reconstittution of personality and cultural conditioning that give psychedelics their amazing therapeutic value

If your not dying on your trips, your not doing it right

Invisiblewaves

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: AwakenKundalini] * 2
    #13481926 - 11/14/10 09:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #13481930 - 11/14/10 09:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AwakenKundalini said:
It is the deconstruction and reconstittution of personality and cultural conditioning that give psychedelics their amazing therapeutic value

That is a load of crap right there.

Anyways, i would highly recomend not using LSD in that matter.  Take it once a month max i would say.  Over use makes it lose the magic.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblewaves

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: baraka]
    #13481934 - 11/14/10 09:21 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblewaves

#13481991 - 11/14/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by waves (11/25/10 07:30 PM)

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13482181 - 11/14/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you don't know you cam become God on psychs you won't-

I know someone very experienced with LSD and never had ego death because he never trips alone and alwYs is preoccupied with external sit ulation

In my opinion these "sacraments" are sacred and should be used with reverence and not with hedonism on the mind-

Invisiblewaves

#13482257 - 11/14/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by waves (11/25/10 07:27 PM)

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
    #13482300 - 11/14/10 10:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AwakenKundalini said:

I'm 100 percent with him. Much too often people learn how to control their trips and don't completely let go of themselves, in turn not reaching the highest plane of experience possible while affected by the entheogen.

Yes, it may be an opinion that to strive for ego death should be the intent of these experiences. Yet if you do not completely detach yourself from the external world and withdraw into the internal, then you aren't really letting the spiritual being within you come out.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

OfflineMuffin
Ancient God of Chaos

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: waves] * 1
    #13482324 - 11/14/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't believe in mystical powers of psychedelics. I think they pull stuff out of your brain, and make it seem important. I believe the reality of it is they get you HIGH. I enjoy them, and I think they can be useful as a kind of "medication", but I don't believe they are anything more. This is only my opinion, and I am aware of that.

TL;DR: You're welcome to make a religion out of it if you want too, just don't expect everyone else to take you seriously.

--------------------

Civil disobedience is insufficient.

OfflineMuffin
Ancient God of Chaos

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: Muffin]
    #13482330 - 11/14/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Also, I love low dose trips. Purely for the fun of it. I think it makes my day better. I don't feel like I need a better reason.

--------------------

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

#13482369 - 11/14/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Muffin said:
I don't believe in mystical powers of psychedelics. I think they pull stuff out of your brain, and make it seem important. I believe the reality of it is they get you HIGH. I enjoy them, and I think they can be useful as a kind of "medication", but I don't believe they are anything more. This is only my opinion, and I am aware of that.

TL;DR: You're welcome to make a religion out of it if you want too, just don't expect everyone else to take you seriously.

I'm completely atheist, but that doesn't mean I can't be spiritual. I'm not proposing any outlandish theories about reality having alternate dimensions and shit. Spirituality to me is just a summation of running towards that phase of pre-natal bliss we all once enjoyed. That's what makes it so beautiful . You're becoming a little child again temporarily, wiping yourself clean of all the nasty impurities that this world tends to stick into you.

By using the entheogen as an upper alone there is no harm done, but when you get to the marrow of tripping you better be ready to die! :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibleeckhem

#13482394 - 11/14/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AwakenKundalini said:
If you don't know you cam become God on psychs you won't-

I know someone very experienced with LSD and never had ego death because he never trips alone and alwYs is preoccupied with external sit ulation

In my opinion these "sacraments" are sacred and should be used with reverence and not with hedonism on the mind-

Are you some kind of guru?

I've taken a lot of acid and shrooms in my lifetime, as well as others...
but I don't talk as if I have some sort of knowledge no one else possesses.

I appreciate your doctrines, but most of the time individual doctrines don't apply.  LSD in many cases is just a great recreational drug.

OfflineMuffin
Ancient God of Chaos

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: MoxyOx]
    #13482407 - 11/14/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MoxyOx said:
Quote:

Muffin said:

I'm completely atheist, but that doesn't mean I can't be spiritual. I'm not proposing any outlandish theories about reality having alternate dimensions and shit. Spirituality to me is just a summation of running towards that phase of pre-natal bliss we all once enjoyed. That's what makes it so beautiful . You're becoming a little child again temporarily, wiping yourself clean of all the nasty impurities that this world tends to stick into you.

By using the entheogen as an upper alone there is no harm done, but when you get to the marrow of tripping you better be ready to die! :laugh:

I totally agree. I think they can be "spiritual". Although I don't believe in spirits. My favorite part is feeling like a child again, with all my filters gone. It's about as close to spiritual as I get.
I was just saying that they can't expect everyone else to believe what they believe, and act like they are some heretic for not buying into their viewpoints.

--------------------

Invisiblewaves

#13482423 - 11/14/10 11:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13482437 - 11/14/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

All the world religions started with ecstatic spiritual experiences that were, perhaps not always but certainly sometimes, entheogenically driven-

Making a religion out of it is the folly of man-

Remember how Moses described God..... I AM -    This is a classic experience during a psychedelic trip, to lose the ego and become the point of awareness that just is-

We are all him, the conscious creating force contemplating itself-

Dr Strassman of DMT fame has just put out a new book postulating that the key to outer space travel in inner travel through psychedelic experiences
"inner paths to outer space"

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13482451 - 11/14/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Let me clarify here- you don't have to call it God, yo do it because it's fun fine.... Mankind is on the quest for human ecstasy, you are doing what your supposed to regardless if you put it into it's proper context

The bottom line is this, since mankind began tripping, which may have predated speech according to Mckenna, this is the first time we are doing it for reasons other than spiritual-

Invisiblewaves

#13482478 - 11/14/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblewaves

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: AwakenKundalini] * 1
    #13482524 - 11/14/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by waves (11/25/10 07:28 PM)

OfflineMuffin
Ancient God of Chaos

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: AwakenKundalini] * 1
    #13482553 - 11/14/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Spice, space travel, Dune. Sounds appealing anyway.
Like I said, you're welcome to have an opinion if you want. I really do mean that.

I still don't even remotely think DMT facilitates space travel. To me, psycs are like a virtual reality ride. A fucking convincing one, mind you, but it's still virtual.

You're welcome to your beliefs, but don't tell other people they are wrong for using drugs as drugs, and not as a "Sacrament".

I'm not saying you're wrong even. Maybe you're right. I don't know everything. I do know I think your wrong and I'm right, but that's what makes the world go round. If OP wants to take them in low doses, good for him. If you think he's wrong for doing so, good for you. I think you're wrong. Good for me. Meh, time to smoke a bowl.

(I also think that McKenna is a very poetic LUNATIC. Not trying to troll here but seriously, have you listened to that whack-job? He's fun to hear, and fun theories, but VERY far fetched shit.)

--------------------

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13482611 - 11/14/10 12:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The truth is too far out for some....

He who's has ears to hear, let him hear...

Invisibledrr
Female
    #13482615 - 11/14/10 12:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Low doses are good for introspection, for analyzing social interaction and contemplating life, so that you are still able to think about things. On a massive dose, I can't think at all...I am bombarded by images and feelings that all move too fast for any sort of logical thought.

This is the way Shulgin took his psychedelics. At a low enough level, to still be able to think, and look at things from a scientific perspective.
McKenna was just the opposite - pushing boundaries and going for the fully immersed, intense psychedelic journey.

Neither is right or wrong. It just depends on what you are looking for. If you want to socialize with friends, and have a distorted, but still intact view of the world, take a lower dose. If you want to transcend the body, or even experience ego death, take more.

High doses are, for me, rare and very special occasions. Low doses are casual, like smoking a lot of pot and drinking, or taking some ecstasy. I will low dose probably ten times for each high dose. Call me a pussy, I don't care. I don't want to be too far gone to communicate while I'm at a party with friends, usually.

Oh and in response to the original question:
I have low dosed like you describe. I did it probably 3-4 times a month, for two months, then with less frequency over another few months. The result? Low-level tripping continuously for probably 3-4 months after I stopped. Its not something to be taken frequently - that constitutes abuse, really. Even in small doses, it will have an impact on your mental state that lasts some time, so don't overdo it.

It never 'lost the magic' for me. I just found myself in a state of constant sub-tripping, which made me want to take a break.
In that respect, you are much better off going all the way a couple of times a year, rather than tasting, tasting, tasting, repeatedly, without any goal or plan of reintegrating. It will catch up with you.

Edited by drr (11/14/10 12:16 PM)

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

#13482648 - 11/14/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"There is no right or wrong way, only interpretations." -Nietzsche

I'm just giving my opinion. Certainly it isn't possible to find a "correct" method to face the reality we are faced with, only a way that works for the given situation.

So I have to ask what the intentions of the OP are when using the drugs as such(even though I'm sure he stated them, although vaguely to me)?

I mean, these could be great for scientists or any profession for expanding creativity! If only these drugs weren't hoarded so aggressively we would make progress in this field of consciousness alteration.

--------------------

Offlinea2theDawG

Loc: 2 Da Brain
    #13483183 - 11/14/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like a fat waste

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: a2theDawG]
    #13485282 - 11/14/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There was a time when I would take a light/medium dose of lsd almost every week, it lasted almost a year.

Honestly it got pretty boring and even though my trips were always on the light to moderate side, it had me questioning my sanity for a short while and I spent a few months afterward in a mental fog. I don't really think using that often is good for your mental health, and you will surely lose the magic after a while.

I personally prefer to keep lsd to 1-2 times a year now. Mushrooms are a lot kinder to me. :mushroom2:

OfflineIngrimus
Wakka Wakka Dune

#13485355 - 11/14/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had a year and a bit where pretty much every day me and my friend would do not SUPER low doses (2-16 [most common was 3-5)) but decently low when you think about halving 3-4 sheet crystals and other actual 'we're gonna trip' trips we had, with full intention of going googly moogly.

I got more sick of the taste and the headaches I got on occasion (specially lower (2 or less) and higher doses [9-35; after that i'm generally good]) then of the trips/feeling; but I didn't really have any horrible mental depression/ breakdown/etc.

If YOU can handle it (and only YOU can really know this; chances are if you're asking yourself you probably DON'T know) and actually feel like doing it that often (I probably wouldn't, but that's only because I enjoy sobertime alot more then I used to before going on mindscape-candyland-sd-mush-calin-trypta-I binges/stints/what have you)

But yea it helps in alot of things, but can screw alot of things as well.

I'm really partial to the whole "mindfuck/telepathy" thing, with motive reading and etc on lsd; so it's fine tripping but it could make you think something that's not happening/intention that's not there/etc. (never happened to me much, but it could've to people i suppose)

Just have fun with it and don't force yourself into taking your "daily medication" just because it's the routine.

I did take it just cause of routine after awhile and I started to feel really un-stoked on acid; which was when i realized it was time to take a break, as I KNEW I loved acid.

Peace n love and good tripping <3 :peace:

--------------------
"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Invisiblerezen
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: Ingrimus]
    #13485757 - 11/15/10 12:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I too got headaches when I was dosing frequently back to back almost every other couple of days (3-5 hits each time). My brain literally hurt from trippin too much.

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: Frequent use of small dosages of LSD [Re: rezen]
    #13489001 - 11/15/10 05:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had about a 9 or so month period where I was dosing like at least once a week. I would feel comfortable saying like around 6 times a month. It started to fuck with me pretty bad. All I cared about was acid acid acid. acid this acid that. Started talking all slow and had the whole fry brain thing going on. Ya know the whole "it's all relative bro". Personally im not cut out for weekly tripping anymore. It was hella fun though. I got to know lsd like the back of my hand. I was fryin all around this mothafukin town bro. Library, mountains, hella houses, the races, movies, school, bars, just anywhere. All differen't types of environments. I regret it now but at the time it was fun. Give it a shot man. I don't think you have a lot to lose. It only temporarily took the magic away from the drug for me. Now Im back the occasional trip like once a month of so.

Experiment brotha. Have fun.

Offlinecryptix420
Psilocybinatic
 User Gallery

#13489211 - 11/15/10 06:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
    #13489687 - 11/15/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheDukeofLizards said:
Quote:

AwakenKundalini said:
The goal on any psychedelic should be complete ego death

gonna have to say I completely disagree

I didn't know there was a goal. Everyone takes psychedelics for their own reasons.

I think taking smaller hits (i don't know about frequently) is good for a tripper. Lets the tripper gain small insights (or big) with each trip rather than being thrown into some psychedelic vortex... but different strokes for different folks.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder