Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
The Future as I see it
    #1347135 - 03/02/03 02:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The future as I see it.

It is not uncommon for someone to predict the future; often people go on about A.I. and flying cars and all of that. Some people, with a positive outlook on life talk of peace and harmony being achieved. Still others talk of a global nuclear war, War World III and Armageddon. However I see a different future, one that is not far better then the thought of Armageddon, and it isn?t to far away from happening right in this country that we call the land of the free, America. This horrible outcome that I see on the horizon has already begun. In fact it began back in 1883, before then there were no federal laws that applied to the sale, possession, use, or manufacture of any drug. Before the turn of the 1800s Popular drinks such as Coca-Cola had cocaine in it, hundreds of OTC medicines had opium, morphine, and cocaine in them, Millions of Americans back then, including children were giving these medicines for something as small as the common cold. Now I am not advocating giving small children, or ANYONE, for that matter, hard and dangerous drugs such as cocaine, people only did so because of lack of an education. But the point is that people back then had the freedom, the freedom we should all have, to do what they wanted to their own bodies. But when information about the dangers of these drugs was being found out, addiction declined, people made the right decision on their own, without the assistance of big brother.

Now, fast forward to the present, drug use is high, but The War On Drugs is in full swing. Our natural rights, more specifically the right to pursue happiness, is being trampled. Often time our 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment rights are thrown aside in the name of the War On Drugs. People think it is ok if the government does unreasonable things, as long as it is only done to ?druggies? not to themselves. The people of this country, large amounts anyway, buy into the government?s propaganda, no matter how insane and ludicrous it may be. The government will crack down harder and harder on drugs, even as reasonable people scream for decriminalization, drug users will be branded as terrorist (as is already been seen) and once that message has been accepted my the masses, there will be no pity for Joe Junkie. Prisons will continue to become more and more over crowded, the government will have to find a solution to this, they will make more prisons, specifically for drug users, they will claim that these places will keep dangerous terrorist drug users off of the streets, and are somehow more humane then anything else done by other countries, including legalization and rehabilitation, as with everything in the Drug War, this point will be made with lies and emotions, not facts by any means. In reality these ?drug prisons? will be concentration camps, drug users will not get a fair trial ?it is a war, treat them like P.O.W.? people will say, anyone suspected of drug use will be thrown in these concentration camps, while the constitution is constantly shitted on. Countries with reasonable drug policies will be branded as ?terrorist harbors? and will be called the ?axis of evil? The United States will tell them to conform their drug policies or face war. Haven?t we already seen this starting to happen? Britain and American demanding countries crack down on marijuana because they are ?sabotaging the war on drugs? Its bull shit and we all know it, and this is only the beginning. I am sure I don?t have to tell you how many rights we lost since September 11th. Now, I am not saying, this shit is going to happen tomorrow, or even in our lifetime, maybe at the end of our life time, but I am thinking more the end or the next generation?s lifetime or even after that. Anyway, I wrote this shit while high, so if its fucked up, that?s why. I think the grammar is alright, but I am sure my reasoning is fucked.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Sombie]
    #1347195 - 03/02/03 02:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

...and then the triangle theory comes into play and all humans get turned into ZOMBY DUMBYS!!!!

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1347801 - 03/02/03 11:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you mean the future that others see and you agree with. Cut and paste beliefs.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1347810 - 03/02/03 11:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you implying that you have your very own set of beliefs that have not been copied from anyone else? Yeah right!! :smirk: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: GazzBut]
    #1347811 - 03/02/03 11:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

name one...if you can.

i don't cut and paste articles and say that they are my beliefs....i'll tell you mine

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (03/02/03 11:21 PM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1347880 - 03/03/03 12:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah but all our our beliefs are just cut and pasted from somewhere anyway. (metaphorically speaking)

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1347885 - 03/03/03 01:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

maybe your's are, mine are based on life exposure.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1347928 - 03/03/03 01:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

so they are completely unique to you then?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1347944 - 03/03/03 01:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

They are similar to others by philosophy only. I'm sure there are no two people that hold the exact same beliefs. Feel free to follow others if you want. I don't need a celebrity or one of "knowledge" to direct my beliefs. I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1347960 - 03/03/03 02:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think we are not as much of an individual as our egos would like us to believe dear inny.  :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1347973 - 03/03/03 02:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My version:

We will reach a certain state of pure pleasure. And stay there till we all die. Then the end of humanity will have happened.

Good or bad?  :cool:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1348012 - 03/03/03 02:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think we are not as much of an individual as our egos would like us to believe dear inny

i embrace my ego...you're embarrassed of it. No surprise, philosophically your ilk is taught to be ashamed of anything that shows any sort of self-interest. You do seem to follow the libbie line so feel free to do it. I'll base mine on how life is presented to me.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1348072 - 03/03/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

embrace or cling...

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1348080 - 03/03/03 03:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You really are the king of generalisation. and everything has to be given a label you are comfortable with doesnt it? Dont make assumptions about how me and "my ilk" think, more than likely you will be wrong.
For example Im not embarassed by my ego, I am just aware how it works!

I dont follow any line by the way Inny.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Grav]
    #1348138 - 03/03/03 04:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

embrace...no need to cling

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1348153 - 03/03/03 04:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You really are the king of generalisation. and everything has to be given a label you are comfortable with doesnt it? 

noone is without a label i guess..what would you call it?

Quote:

Dont make assumptions about how me and "my ilk" think, more than likely you will be wrong.

maybe i was mistaken.  You're ilk doesn't like to think, it would mean that they would have to actually do something independant. :smirk:

Quote:

For example Im not embarassed by my ego, I am just aware how it works!

Sure you are, anytime people don't tow the line you libbies try to shame.  I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality.  Don't worry about what i think, not that you would.

Quote:

I dont follow any line by the way Inny. 

you're like a Xerox machine my man.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1348566 - 03/03/03 05:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

what would you call it?

Certainly can't call you an individual in any way inny. All you do is agree with your right wing buddies. If they told you the sky was green you would say "The libbies have always told us the sky is blue but they are clearly wrong".

You're ilk doesn't like to think

In contrast to you and your hero Dubya i suppose...

it would mean that they would have to actually do something independant

Where are these independent right-wingers you speak of? Like Dubya? A guy so independent his father bailed him out at every turn?

I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality

You can keep telling yourself that, but it doesn't make it true. Start behaving like an individual first. We'll let you know if you make any progress.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1348584 - 03/03/03 05:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think what Gazz was trying to point out that there is no origional thought. Yes, your combination of beliefs may be very individual, but if you go through belief by belief, you will find that none are exclusive to your mind.

That's all.......carry on.......I think you were to the point that you were going to rip Alex a new one, again.....

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Xlea321]
    #1348596 - 03/03/03 06:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"All you do is agree with your right wing buddies."

And you don't agree with your left wing buddies? Seems to me every thread you start is just a pasting of someone else's article.

I'd say that my beliefs are based on individuality as well. Not only individuality, but that's one of the main ideals.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1348621 - 03/03/03 06:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 08:50 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order