Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010-2011 picture gallery.
    #13462381 - 11/10/10 05:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm making this post just because it seems like there are some times that cyanofriscosa is confused with cyanofibrillosa, and thought that the pictures I have might help. Hope everyone enjoys. :cheers:

Microscopy done by workman, but I would like to thank everyone that helped out with this i.d earlier this year.

First find, Renton WA

On the right next to stuntzii and baeocystis

Last picture of them for this year, unless I find more :wink: Found October 16th, and stopped fruiting on November 10th. Noticed this one got kinda wavy. Maybe from the colder weather since October :shrug:

Second find, Issaquah WA: This area only produced one time this year.

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Edited by NeoSporen (12/11/11 11:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: NeoSporen]
    #13462525 - 11/10/10 05:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

WooHoo!  You're the man!  Thanks for the awesome thread.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #13462807 - 11/10/10 07:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

just amazing my friend. thanks for sharing 2010's best discovery!!!:smile:

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #13462892 - 11/10/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thank you...it's obvious to me they're not 'friscosa' or anything close to that.

it's a  good reference point and bookmark for those in the PNW who are finding 'cyanofriscosa' for the first time

InvisibleParkseerf
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: auweia]
    #13462898 - 11/10/10 08:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome find man! those are sexy:yesnod:

OfflineSanduCandu77
Manna Myco
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: Parkseerf]
    #13464527 - 11/10/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

...thank you sooo much...I've seen those for sure here in Salem...now to find "time" to head back out and collect...I know Baeo's, stunzii's, and cyanies, but had a hunch I've unwares seen fibro's too...not around any references now, but is there bluing to be recognized on fib's?...and if there is anyone in the Salem area that would like to hang sometime, hit me up through msg...nowhere, back to work...later...

--------------------
..."...Light coming...to wards of every man..."...

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery
Loc: usa Flag
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: SanduCandu77]
    #13464769 - 11/10/10 05:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:awedance::awedance::bow2: Man this thread is DUE to get some well deserved recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!! Badass mr fogg - Keep rocking it and man SERIOUS thanks for sharing:super::cool:

--------------------
http://

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: SanduCandu77]
    #13466797 - 11/11/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:super: Long live the shroomery! without everyone's help, these would have probably just been nameless to me. Thanks everyone who put in their input when identifying these specimens.
Quote:

SanduCandu77 said:

but is there bluing to be recognized on fib's?...

Quite pronounced after handling or drying. But it does have a silverish color to the bluing.

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery
Loc: usa Flag
    #13469924 - 11/11/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:super::bow2: Seriously thanks to YOU bro for sharing and posting the most detailed pics of this rare find!!!! Much Much :mushroom2::heart: i think the fungus gods are also really pleased:bow2: specially with YOU:thumbup:

--------------------
http://

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: sporeRider]
    #13472330 - 11/12/10 06:13 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wiscokid said:
:super::bow2: Seriously thanks to YOU bro for sharing and posting the most detailed pics of this rare find!!!! Much Much :mushroom2::heart: i think the fungus gods are also really pleased:bow2: specially with YOU:thumbup:

Don't forget that you were the first one to post thoughts of cyanofibrillosa :tongue2: I'm gonna keep these pictures for years and years :super: I hope more people will be collecting these next year :wink:

--------------------

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #13475376 - 11/12/10 07:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i hope i'm collecting them in my back yard next year. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #13476583 - 11/13/10 12:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Same here man  :tongue2: Lots of Christmas cards to send out :wink:

Its finds like these that make me want to search for the rare species. My first year was brutal, and opened my eyes to just how messed up some people treat the mushroom's habitat. I've noticed that more and more, I spend my time not in the urban environment, but out in the wild, hoping to stumble across something great. I'm kinda glad that the stupidity of people has pushed me to look in new areas.

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#13476816 - 11/13/10 02:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Better picture of the bruising.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #13477722 - 11/13/10 10:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I like that table or floor.  Looks like Oak.

--------------------

Offlineehtdaedlufetarg
Toadstool Taxonomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #13477851 - 11/13/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

that bruising is silver-ish! Ive noticed some batches of Cyans dry out this way while others dry to a definitive blue bruising. No silver. I wonder if differences in the Indole alkaloid cocktail inside of these mushrooms is different species to species, batch to batch and that affects the appearance of bruising? Awesome thread!

--------------------

InvisibleBipolardox
^^^Like the name says^^^
Male

Loc: Renton Wa
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #13478038 - 11/13/10 11:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome thread man! There are so few definite pics of these that, until now, I never noticed just how pronounced the difference in shape is.  Nice goin :super:

--------------------
"When everyone goes home, you're stuck with yourself."
~Layne Staley~
"Life Is Good, and every breath is a gift"  ~Bipolardox~

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa 2010 [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #13481239 - 11/14/10 02:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ehtdaedlufetarg said:
that bruising is silver-ish! Ive noticed some batches of Cyans dry out this way while others dry to a definitive blue bruising. No silver. I wonder if differences in the Indole alkaloid cocktail inside of these mushrooms is different species to species, batch to batch and that affects the appearance of bruising? Awesome thread!

I would imagine that this is exactly what is happening.

Glad to be able to post these finds for people to see. I hope it helps someone, someday:cheers:

--------------------

Edited by NeoSporen (11/17/10 03:29 AM)

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#13491141 - 11/16/10 03:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So after much debating, I have come to the conclusion that I found this mushroom before I even posted my first i.d. request. After looking at this one picture, I didn't even realize what they were till I examined it once again. Found 8-30-2010. Whatcha think? I'm saying that these are indeed cyanofibrillosa, and not stuntzii like I first thought.

--------------------

Invisibleseldom seen
April Fool
Male User Gallery

#13491736 - 11/16/10 08:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed. Bfogg you da fuckin' man.  Thanks for that excellent card, what a nice thing to come home to.  Awesome pics as usual.

--------------------

OfflineOreganic
Connoisseur of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Orygun
    #13492847 - 11/16/10 01:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:
Found 8-30-2010. Whatcha think?

:crazy2: I think that's friggin awesome man. It's hard to believe those little guys started fruiting in August! The OG thread that you started with these Fib's was by by far the most intriguing threads that I have come across yet this year! I love your enthusiasm..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix