Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, DXM, Nitrous Oxide, Psychotria Viridis, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Meditation
    #1347829 - 03/03/03 01:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think people who claim they can get higer with with meditation than with drugs havent tried DMT. Anyone got any ideas on this ?

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Meditation [Re: EvilGir]
    #1348217 - 03/03/03 06:40 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Apparently, McKenna gave DMT to a Tibetan Buddhist master, and he said, 'that was the furthest the soul can travel from the body, without breaking the link between the two'.

Or something like that.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Meditation [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #1348231 - 03/03/03 06:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard that meditation can take you to a very similar place as DMT. I've read that when Leary (i think it was leary) gave acid to one of those seasoned buddhist monks that the monk just laughed and was unaffected after an enormous dose. I have not heard the same with DMT though...

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Meditation [Re: the spiral]
    #1348253 - 03/03/03 06:55 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I've heard that meditation can take you to a very similar place as DMT

Never heard of alien contact on meditation, but have heard many trip reports of 'contact' on DMT.
DMT is found in the human brain, so I guess there could be a point where it is excreted (or the MAO is inhibited). According to Strassman (DMT the spirit molecule), this could happen at the point of death.
And could actually be a clue to alien abduction experience.
McKenna though there was a place between deep sleep and waking where he could access the DMT realm, so it's no huge leap to believe it could be accessed through some sort of meditation.

Would be cool to have the experience 'on tap' :wink:

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1348560 - 03/03/03 07:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I went to a 10 day meditation retreat (Vipassana) where you had to meditate for 10 hours each day and I did some hallucinating. (bit questionable whether the effects were from meditation or sensory deprivation I guess, but anyway). I hallucinated spiral staircases and small snakes coming out of me and leaving my body in a light that surrounded me, a white light of compassion projecting out of my forhead. And I had this hallucination that I believed was a revelation of my past lives. It was all these women of different colour and in different costumes with one replacing the next and just one other woman watching the 'movie' which I guessed was my core self. It was pretty trippy. I have never had a dmt trip though, so I can't say if it was similar. Mind you, I have never seen something that wasn't there while on acid or shrooms, just distortions of what was.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Edited by enotake2 (03/03/03 07:50 PM)

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1351314 - 03/05/03 03:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im not asking where to get dmt.

can i just smoke psychotria viridis, instead of making an extract? or should i wait till i get to college, and look for people who make the extract themselves? i cant relly make an extract, because it seems to require a lot of things i dont have. if anybody has extractions, could you link to them please? mebbe there's a way i havent read or something?

could somebody please help me smoke dmt? lol. i really want to experience it.

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Meditation [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1351646 - 03/05/03 07:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How old are you? you don't have to answer that, but just realize that you have LOTS of time for DMT..... there's no rush

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: Meditation [Re: Strumpling]
    #1351760 - 03/05/03 07:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

lol, im only 17 heh. i know your right :-). It's just that, when i do psychedelics, im not looking for distortions or geometric patterns unfolding. I'm looking for communication with something. I'm looking to tread across alien lands, completely unknowing of where I am in the "real" world. I took mushrooms once, and as soon as I put on shpongle, I became immersed in an incredible story. I would do it again. Unfortunately though, I can't get mushrooms right now, sniffles. I'll start growing my own when I'm out of the house :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Offlineconphormant
Stranger
Loc: Oregon
Re: Meditation [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1352017 - 03/05/03 09:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It is true that Leary and Ram Dass gave Tibetan buddhist monks 750 mic doses of LSD and they monks reported no effect.

--------------------
We are ghosts to ourselves as soon as we take the moment for granted. Troydank

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Meditation [Re: conphormant]
    #1352311 - 03/05/03 12:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Leary wasn't there, it was Ram Dass.

A guy who was actually present when Ram Dass gave the guru the LSD said that the guru, being adept at conjouring like a lot of indian holy men, simply palmed it and pretended to swallow it. He knew what Ram Dass wanted to believe.

Personally I don't think meditation and your first high dose LSD trip have much in common.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (03/05/03 12:04 PM)

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1352315 - 03/05/03 12:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Apparently, McKenna gave DMT to a Tibetan Buddhist master, and he said, 'that was the furthest the soul can travel from the body, without breaking the link between the two'.

Or something like that.

I forget the link to the article, but I also read this and thought it was very neat.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1352595 - 03/05/03 02:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have spent a lot of time meditating and I have tried DMT a few times.  The destination is the same, just different paths.  Try sitting for just ten minutes every morning after you wake up before you do anything else.  While sitting don't think, just sit and breath.  If you notice yourself thinking, simply stop and start breathing again.  Don't scold yourself, etc... Always return to breathing.  Give this an honest effort for two weeks, without skipping any mornings, and get back to us.  :smile: 

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineHumbusAmunguS
Pilferer
Re: Meditation [Re: Seuss]
    #1352649 - 03/05/03 02:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have been doing this right before i go to bed over the past few weeks and i find it easier to do when im high. Is this cheating in any way? if not, should i try it with other things...oc's, etc.?

Invisibleslime_R
The Good Doctor

Re: Meditation [Re: conphormant]
    #1352663 - 03/05/03 02:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The story about the person recieving no effects from lsd is bullshit. LSD creates a biological effect, thats not something you can control. That would be like giving the guy anthrax and him not being effected by it. He would have everything to benefit from denying that it effected him.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Meditation [Re: HumbusAmunguS]
    #1352664 - 03/05/03 02:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I have been doing this right before i go to bed over the past few weeks and i find it easier to do when im high. Is this cheating in any way? if not, should i try it with other things...oc's, etc.?

I use this analogy quite often. Drug use with meditation is like a short cut while driving. The short cut can get you there faster, but the chance of getting lost along the way is much greater. You must be careful that the meditation does not become an excuse for using the drug.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Meditation [Re: slime_R]
    #1352706 - 03/05/03 02:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The story about the person recieving no effects from lsd is bullshit. 

Perhaps, but perhaps not.  I have a friend that can eat acid and MDMA like they are candy and get nothing but a slight bit of the body effects.  No visuals, no amping, no rolling, almost nothing.  DXM however really warps him and leaves him a literal fool for the next few days after.  He was normal with cannabis, nitrous, alcohol, ephedrine, caffein, and nicotine.  Nothing else that I am aware of was tested.

I have seen this with my own eyes.  We would take equal amounts of the same thing and time after time the results were the same.  I would be a puddle on the floor and he would be nearly stone sober.

Regarding your anthrax analogy, you are comparing apples and oranges.  Anthrax produces a toxin that kills.  LSD produces a change in brain chemisty that alters the way the brain functions.  I would also be surprised if there are not a few people in the human population that are immune to the effects of anthrax and the toxin(s) it produces.

Always remember that each of us is different...  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
    #1352862 - 03/05/03 03:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

From "Be Here Now":

I had given LSD to a number of pundits around India and some reasonably pure men:

An old Buddhist Lama said, "It gave me a headache."

Somebody else said, "It's good, but not as good as meditation."

Somebody else said, "Where can I get some more?"

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Meditation *DELETED* [Re: Seuss]
    #1352889 - 03/05/03 04:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Edited by poke smot! (03/05/03 04:10 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1353226 - 03/05/03 07:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have a friend that can eat acid and MDMA like they are candy

Well once you've tripped a hundred times the effects might not be as powerful. That's a different thing to laying 750 mics on someone for their first trip and believing it has no effect.

Perhaps he's the one in a million who LSD doesn't affect but It's far more likely he simply palmed it because he realised the rich westerner wanted to believe in him.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Meditation [Re: poke smot!]
    #1353233 - 03/05/03 07:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Tripping to schizophrenics is like a rollercoaster ride to a rollercoaster inspector. (hmmm...) Is this what they experience naturally?

Nah, big difference is schizophrenics can't usually tell the difference between reality and any visuals. On psychedelics you're perfectly aware of the difference between reality and any visuals.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, DXM, Nitrous Oxide, Psychotria Viridis, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience