Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Gulf Coast Took Me Back
    #1347778 - 03/03/03 12:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

While level fiveing on Saturday night I found myself regressed right back to pre-school - when I was 4 years old (over 20 years ago)

I was sat on the end of my bed with my head in my hands when clear memories of nursery school popped into my head. These memories had long been lost and if someone had asked me about them in sobriety I couldn't have remembered.

What was most remarkable was the intensity & detail of the memories. I remembered sitting on a bench that lined a square room, with the walls painted with a forest scene. Even the faces of my childhood chums were there!

The memories were real, it wasn't as though they were random thoughts that I just associated with being a child.

While these memories were coming back, I was filled with immense joy and happiness - much more intense than good feeling associated with tripping.

Has anyone else had long forgotten memories brought back to the surface due to psilocybin? The human brain is an awesome piece of kit!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Gulf Coast Took Me Back [Re: Jackal]
    #1347796 - 03/03/03 01:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The mind is indeed a strange thing. I've never encoutered thoughts from childhood on trips, but I haven't really got past a Level 2 yet. But somedays I just recall a very vivid memory that is completly random, but as fresh as if it were yesterday. During some conversations in which a person is recounting events, I sometimes have to correct them, because my mind will just remember all these things very clearly but it's still difficult to try and actively dig up memories. They just pop into my head.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology