Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Recreating that sound
    #1347168 - 03/02/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been playing the electric guitar for a few months, just playing around with it (not taking lessons). Anyway the other day I bought a Zoom 505 II Guitar effects pedal and it has some very cool effects, but I was thinking... how do you go about recreating a particular sound?
Like the fat sweet rock sound of Tool or the Smashing Pumpkins  :cool:
I'm sure a lot of it would have to do with the amps they use, but is there any way I could get a reasonable approximation just using combinations of the basic effects such as Distortion, Delay, Reverb etc..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Recreating that sound [Re: zeta]
    #1347542 - 03/02/03 08:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i used to use that pedal. it's great for experimenting with different sounds and effects, to find out what you want further down the line. it really is perfect for how long you've been playing guitar. it's fun as hell to mess with the echo and flange and the doubling and stuff.
-try mid-level distortion on the PV setting, and a little hall added. take the EQ to about 35-40 and the amp level to like 3-4. that's what i used most.

but, unfortunately, it can't recreate any pro-audio sound. there's a metallica setting that sounds ok, and a van halen setting that sounds ok(presets E4 and C1 i think) but that's about it. it started shorting out a lot after a couple years owning it, then i bought a Line 6 Amp Modeler Stomp Box. that thing is fuckin beautiful, and really recreates classic amp models wonderfully. but for the Zoom, to be honest, you can't get much from that pedal that's worthy for more than just screwin around in your bedroom. but that's totally worth it for that purpose. 'That Sound' really does depend on hard gear-amps and guitars and pro stomps like boss and stuff.

hope that helps

Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Re: Recreating that sound [Re: Blastrid]
    #1348808 - 03/03/03 10:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That's the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

More responses would be welcome too..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media