Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
The Future as I see it
    #1347135 - 03/02/03 02:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The future as I see it.

It is not uncommon for someone to predict the future; often people go on about A.I. and flying cars and all of that. Some people, with a positive outlook on life talk of peace and harmony being achieved. Still others talk of a global nuclear war, War World III and Armageddon. However I see a different future, one that is not far better then the thought of Armageddon, and it isn?t to far away from happening right in this country that we call the land of the free, America. This horrible outcome that I see on the horizon has already begun. In fact it began back in 1883, before then there were no federal laws that applied to the sale, possession, use, or manufacture of any drug. Before the turn of the 1800s Popular drinks such as Coca-Cola had cocaine in it, hundreds of OTC medicines had opium, morphine, and cocaine in them, Millions of Americans back then, including children were giving these medicines for something as small as the common cold. Now I am not advocating giving small children, or ANYONE, for that matter, hard and dangerous drugs such as cocaine, people only did so because of lack of an education. But the point is that people back then had the freedom, the freedom we should all have, to do what they wanted to their own bodies. But when information about the dangers of these drugs was being found out, addiction declined, people made the right decision on their own, without the assistance of big brother.

Now, fast forward to the present, drug use is high, but The War On Drugs is in full swing. Our natural rights, more specifically the right to pursue happiness, is being trampled. Often time our 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment rights are thrown aside in the name of the War On Drugs. People think it is ok if the government does unreasonable things, as long as it is only done to ?druggies? not to themselves. The people of this country, large amounts anyway, buy into the government?s propaganda, no matter how insane and ludicrous it may be. The government will crack down harder and harder on drugs, even as reasonable people scream for decriminalization, drug users will be branded as terrorist (as is already been seen) and once that message has been accepted my the masses, there will be no pity for Joe Junkie. Prisons will continue to become more and more over crowded, the government will have to find a solution to this, they will make more prisons, specifically for drug users, they will claim that these places will keep dangerous terrorist drug users off of the streets, and are somehow more humane then anything else done by other countries, including legalization and rehabilitation, as with everything in the Drug War, this point will be made with lies and emotions, not facts by any means. In reality these ?drug prisons? will be concentration camps, drug users will not get a fair trial ?it is a war, treat them like P.O.W.? people will say, anyone suspected of drug use will be thrown in these concentration camps, while the constitution is constantly shitted on. Countries with reasonable drug policies will be branded as ?terrorist harbors? and will be called the ?axis of evil? The United States will tell them to conform their drug policies or face war. Haven?t we already seen this starting to happen? Britain and American demanding countries crack down on marijuana because they are ?sabotaging the war on drugs? Its bull shit and we all know it, and this is only the beginning. I am sure I don?t have to tell you how many rights we lost since September 11th. Now, I am not saying, this shit is going to happen tomorrow, or even in our lifetime, maybe at the end of our life time, but I am thinking more the end or the next generation?s lifetime or even after that. Anyway, I wrote this shit while high, so if its fucked up, that?s why. I think the grammar is alright, but I am sure my reasoning is fucked.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Sombie]
    #1347195 - 03/02/03 02:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

...and then the triangle theory comes into play and all humans get turned into ZOMBY DUMBYS!!!!

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1347801 - 03/02/03 11:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you mean the future that others see and you agree with. Cut and paste beliefs.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1347810 - 03/02/03 11:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Are you implying that you have your very own set of beliefs that have not been copied from anyone else? Yeah right!! :smirk: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: GazzBut]
    #1347811 - 03/02/03 11:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

name one...if you can.

i don't cut and paste articles and say that they are my beliefs....i'll tell you mine

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (03/02/03 11:21 PM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1347880 - 03/03/03 12:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah but all our our beliefs are just cut and pasted from somewhere anyway. (metaphorically speaking)

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1347885 - 03/03/03 01:01 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

maybe your's are, mine are based on life exposure.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1347928 - 03/03/03 01:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

so they are completely unique to you then?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1347944 - 03/03/03 01:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

They are similar to others by philosophy only. I'm sure there are no two people that hold the exact same beliefs. Feel free to follow others if you want. I don't need a celebrity or one of "knowledge" to direct my beliefs. I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1347960 - 03/03/03 02:10 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think we are not as much of an individual as our egos would like us to believe dear inny.  :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1347973 - 03/03/03 02:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My version:

We will reach a certain state of pure pleasure. And stay there till we all die. Then the end of humanity will have happened.

Good or bad?  :cool:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1348012 - 03/03/03 02:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I think we are not as much of an individual as our egos would like us to believe dear inny

i embrace my ego...you're embarrassed of it. No surprise, philosophically your ilk is taught to be ashamed of anything that shows any sort of self-interest. You do seem to follow the libbie line so feel free to do it. I'll base mine on how life is presented to me.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1348072 - 03/03/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

embrace or cling...

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1348080 - 03/03/03 03:51 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You really are the king of generalisation. and everything has to be given a label you are comfortable with doesnt it? Dont make assumptions about how me and "my ilk" think, more than likely you will be wrong.
For example Im not embarassed by my ego, I am just aware how it works!

I dont follow any line by the way Inny.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Grav]
    #1348138 - 03/03/03 04:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

embrace...no need to cling

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1348153 - 03/03/03 04:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You really are the king of generalisation. and everything has to be given a label you are comfortable with doesnt it? 

noone is without a label i guess..what would you call it?

Quote:

Dont make assumptions about how me and "my ilk" think, more than likely you will be wrong.

maybe i was mistaken.  You're ilk doesn't like to think, it would mean that they would have to actually do something independant. :smirk:

Quote:

For example Im not embarassed by my ego, I am just aware how it works!

Sure you are, anytime people don't tow the line you libbies try to shame.  I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality.  Don't worry about what i think, not that you would.

Quote:

I dont follow any line by the way Inny. 

you're like a Xerox machine my man.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1348566 - 03/03/03 05:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

what would you call it?

Certainly can't call you an individual in any way inny. All you do is agree with your right wing buddies. If they told you the sky was green you would say "The libbies have always told us the sky is blue but they are clearly wrong".

You're ilk doesn't like to think

In contrast to you and your hero Dubya i suppose...

it would mean that they would have to actually do something independant

Where are these independent right-wingers you speak of? Like Dubya? A guy so independent his father bailed him out at every turn?

I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality

You can keep telling yourself that, but it doesn't make it true. Start behaving like an individual first. We'll let you know if you make any progress.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1348584 - 03/03/03 05:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think what Gazz was trying to point out that there is no origional thought. Yes, your combination of beliefs may be very individual, but if you go through belief by belief, you will find that none are exclusive to your mind.

That's all.......carry on.......I think you were to the point that you were going to rip Alex a new one, again.....

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Xlea321]
    #1348596 - 03/03/03 06:04 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"All you do is agree with your right wing buddies."

And you don't agree with your left wing buddies? Seems to me every thread you start is just a pasting of someone else's article.

I'd say that my beliefs are based on individuality as well. Not only individuality, but that's one of the main ideals.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1348621 - 03/03/03 06:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 08:50 PM)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1348638 - 03/03/03 06:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality."

Beleifs based on individuality? Dude how can you say that when you just generalized someone into a specific group, whats individual about that?? If you really base your beleifs on individuality, maybe respecting someone elses beleifs as an individual and not an "Ilk" is a good way to start...

and secondly, wtf is a "Libbie" ?????

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Edited by TheCaptain (03/03/03 06:42 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1348676 - 03/03/03 06:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality.

I could get into a discussion about Existentialist philosophy and how no one is truly an individual, but since is the Political forum, I won't.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Skikid16]
    #1348781 - 03/03/03 08:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly Skikid. But the ego likes to cling to the idea of being somehow special and unique.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1348852 - 03/03/03 09:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Exactly Skikid. But the ego likes to cling to the idea of being somehow special and unique.

Chalk it up as another life paradox, but don't you think that it should?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: The Future as I see it [Re: hongomon]
    #1348860 - 03/03/03 09:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Chalk it up as another life paradox, but don't you think that it should?

It should, but it should also understand its own limitations.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Anonymous

#1348880 - 03/03/03 09:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GazzButt, I don't think you were around for the changes in policy here, but Innvertigo was.

Check the new rules for posting by Rono.

Cheers,

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: Xlea321]
    #1349011 - 03/03/03 11:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you'll be answered once you answer pink's questions.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Future as I see it [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1349016 - 03/03/03 11:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Beleifs based on individuality? Dude how can you say that when you just generalized someone into a specific group, whats individual about that??

that has nothing to do with my beliefs being unique or not...keep up.

Quote:

maybe respecting someone elses beleifs as an individual and not an "Ilk" is a good way to start...

see above

Quote:

and secondly, wtf is a "Libbie" ?????

think about it...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1349206 - 03/04/03 07:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"that has nothing to do with my beliefs being unique or not...keep up."

Sure it does.... you said your beliefs were based on individuality. If you base your personal beliefs on individuality, then refuse to admit others that same luxury by gathering everyone together based on beliefs you don’t like, you wind up looking like some kind of a hypocrite- eg. Your views are unique, but other different ideas aren’t just cause you don’t like them.

Just because someone has different personal beliefs than you, doesn’t mean they’re not developed from an individual point of view.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1349222 - 03/04/03 07:32 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sure it does.... you said your beliefs were based on individuality

no i said my beliefs are based on life experience..

My philosophical base is based on individual rights which is used as a control group (of sorts) for decision making.

Quote:

If you base your personal beliefs on individuality, then refuse to admit others that same luxury by gathering everyone together based on beliefs you don’t like, you wind up looking like some kind of a hypocrite- eg

see above

Quote:

Just because someone has different personal beliefs than you, doesn’t mean they’re not developed from an individual point of view.

except when they repeat what others are saying which was the whole point of this discussion. feel free to read a bit.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1349624 - 03/04/03 09:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"I'm proud of my beliefs becaue they are based on individuality."
"maybe your's are, mine are based on life exposure."

OK, youre saying that everything you believe in and have supported on here is from "life exposure" or "individuality"?? ( I think there is a differnece between these two statements but I will give you the benefit of the doubt)

"except when they repeat what others are saying which was the whole point of this discussion. feel free to read a bit."

waht, like this???
"luvdemshrooms: well said. I can honestly say that i agree with everything you just posted."
from here

Didnt you just say...
"you mean the future that others see and you agree with. Cut and paste beliefs."
"I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself."
....all in this thread alone??

......so......

Youre claiming people are mindless and follow "ilks" that support beleifs you dont beleive in because your "philosophical base is based on individual rights which is used as a control group (of sorts) for decision making." Yet you can agree exactly with what someone else says. Doesnt it stand to reason that when some one (or many) has "libbie" ideas that theyre based on a "control group" of "life experience" as well???

Feel free to think.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1349912 - 03/04/03 11:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OK, youre saying that everything you believe in and have supported on here is from "life exposure" or "individuality"?? ( I think there is a differnece between these two statements but I will give you the benefit of the doubt)

Thanks....individual rights being my philosophical base and life exposure and reactions of such interactions guide my decisions and beliefs (if that made sense).

Quote:

"luvdemshrooms: well said. I can honestly say that i agree with everything you just posted."
from here

you're stretching now...i never said i don't agree with people.

Quote:

"you mean the future that others see and you agree with. Cut and paste beliefs."

Different, i don't cut and paste and take it all at face value.  Many here do. If you're trying to slant it towards me saying that i am unique in every aspect of this board then you'd be mistaken.  I agree with people but will give my thoughts on any given issue and not just post an article and say: "this is what i believe"

Quote:

Youre claiming people are mindless and follow "ilks" that support beleifs you dont beleive in

On the contrary there are a few on this board that lean left that use a lot of individual thought, however there are a majority that just follow.

Quote:

in because your "philosophical base is based on individual rights which is used as a control group (of sorts) for decision making." Yet you can agree exactly with what someone else says.

you're trying to cram 2 different discussions in one question.  Seperate the two and we'll talk.

Quote:

Doesnt it stand to reason that when some one (or many) has "libbie" ideas that theyre based on a "control group" of "life experience" as well???

Sure it is, but i doubt it :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (03/04/03 11:39 AM)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1350512 - 03/04/03 03:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"you're stretching now...i never said i don't agree with people."

Youre right, didnt say you dont agree with people- but you did indicate that people who agree exactly with others have "cut and paste beleifs"- and dont think as individuals...

This was further elaborated in the quotes pulled from your posts in this thread, ie. "I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself"

As for...
"you're trying to cram 2 different discussions in one question. Seperate the two and we'll talk."

Grazz: "Are you implying that you have your very own set of beliefs that have not been copied from anyone else? Yeah right!!"
And you replied: "name one...if you can."
In the spirit of that response I pulled the other quote- indicating that you do indeed agree exactly with others and do not elaborate
as for...
""I agree with people but will give my thoughts on any given issue and not just post an article and say: "this is what i believe" "
Your response to that post had no more content than "i agree"

They are two different threads but they indicate that your own personal beleifs-given this example, (and which are not thread specific) could also be considered "cut and paste" by your definition.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1351181 - 03/04/03 10:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You're way off here. Grasping at straws is no way to win an arguement. Perhaps had he said he shares his beliefs with no one, they are his and no-one else has beliefs like them, you'd be correct.

I'm sure you consider yourself to be a thinker who has come to whatever beliefs you have over the course of your life, if you were to meet someone tomorrow who shared each and every belief you have would that make them any less valid?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1351219 - 03/04/03 11:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Youre right, didnt say you dont agree with people- but you did indicate that people who agree exactly with others have "cut and paste beleifs"-

sorry but pasting an entire article and saying this is my beliefs is a weak and a sloppy thought process. I'm merely pointing this out...

Quote:

you mean the future that others see and you agree with. Cut and paste beliefs

right..

Quote:

This was further elaborated in the quotes pulled from your posts in this thread, ie. "I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself"

I have no idea what you're trying to say. You do know how to use the "Quote" function don't you? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass but i'm having a hard time getting the point of all your responses.

Quote:

Grazz: "Are you implying that you have your very own set of beliefs that have not been copied from anyone else? Yeah right!!" And you replied: "name one...if you can." In the spirit of that response I pulled the other quote- indicating that you do indeed agree exactly with others and do not elaborate as for...
""I agree with people but will give my thoughts on any given issue and not just post an article and say: "this is what i believe" "

give me an example where i followed others and they formed my beliefs without my thought process involved. I said earlier that i agree with people but i make the decision through my own belief system. I'm failing to see your point.

Quote:

They are two different threads but they indicate that your own personal beleifs-given this example, (and which are not thread specific) could also be considered "cut and paste" by your definition.

not quite. I don't cut and paste something and say "hey this represents me".

NOTE:
please use the quote function, it might just be that i'm misunderstanding you but your post is hard to read.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1352137 - 03/05/03 08:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In the second reply to this thread you defined what you think are cut and paste beleifs...
Quote:

you mean the future that others see and you agree with. Cut and paste beliefs

you did not comment on the views posted in the original article, or even present your own- just dismiss them because they were "cut and paste"
Further questioning from Grazz produced this....
Quote:

I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself"

At which point you said
Quote:

Grazz:Are you implying that you have your very own set of beliefs that have not been copied from anyone else? Yeah right!!
Innvertigo: name one...if you can.
i don't cut and paste articles and say that they are my beliefs....i'll tell you mine

I found you did actually agree exactly with what someone else had said, without elaboration...
Quote:

luvdemshrooms: well said. I can honestly say that i agree with everything you just posted.
fadedpinkwings: welcome to the libbie zone
hold on it's a bumpy ride.

Now by your reasoning, this is a cut and paste argument (see your quotes, #1). In essence, someone else was the author of a piece that you agreed exactly with, without elaboration- and giving no indication of "thought process." You didnt tell anyone a thing, other than "I agree wth everything you just posted" - NO indication of individual thought process.
At the same time, someone posted their beleifs in a similar manner and they are berated.
Now the thing that I have a hard time with is youre basically saying that you can agree "exactly"with someone and have an "individual thought process" but others who do the same are feeble minded and follow some "ilk"

Quote:

give me an example where i followed others and they formed my beliefs without my thought process involved. I said earlier that i agree with people but i make the decision through my own belief system. I'm failing to see your point.

Given... quote #4
You may have claimed you make the decision through your own process, but you give NO indication of this, which is understandable. At the same time, neither do a lot of people around here.
Quote:

I'm sure there are no two people that hold the exact same beliefs. Feel free to follow others if you want. I don't need a celebrity or one of "knowledge" to direct my beliefs. I just hate it when people cut and paste something and say "yeah that's what i believe"....so what? Think for yourself

According to quote #4, you hold EXACT beleifs as someone else, no elaborations given.

According to quote #1, that is a "cut and paste argument." What gets me is that everyone who is a "libbie" and agrees with something someone said in an article or post is immediately assumed by you not to be an individual, while you do the same thing (#4), but we're supposed to believe that you have some individuality behind your thoughts and others dont.

Agreeing with something written by a person in article form or otherwise is still agreeing with someone- there is no distinction. Somehow you find it complelely logical to exempt yourself from this and claim individuality without proving otherwise, whereas youre accusing others who are doing exactly the same thing. When you agree exactly with someone, the only indication we have of individaul thought on your part is this claim, which is in the absence of evidence.

--------------------

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1354756 - 03/06/03 09:51 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

bump

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1354878 - 03/06/03 10:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I found you did actually agree exactly with what someone else had said, without elaboration

i know i said that i do have the ability to agree with people.  I don't think you're understanding my cut and paste belief system are you?

Quote:

Now by your reasoning, this is a cut and paste argument

nope, try again

Quote:

Now the thing that I have a hard time with is youre basically saying that you can agree "exactly"with someone

actaully it is almost impossible to agree exactly with someone as i stated earlier....you'r making more out of this then is really needed actually.

Quote:

You may have claimed you make the decision through your own process, but you give NO indication of this

i'm not going to tell you everytime i have an original thought so you're just going to have to make you're own assumptions.

Quote:

According to quote #4, you hold EXACT beleifs as someone else, no elaborations given.

none needed...

Quote:

According to quote #1, that is a "cut and paste argument." 

nope sorry...

i think we are arguing two different points. You're reading too much into it this.

Quote:

Somehow you find it complelely logical to exempt yourself from this

i just find it silly that a person will post a long-ass article and leave it at that with no commontary or their own personal view on a subject. It's easy to say "yup, what he said".  If you're trying to compare me agreeing with someones 2 line post concerning a specific point then you are sadly mistaken.  But feel free to call me on it as i will call on those that have no original beliefs.

Quote:

When you agree exactly with someone, the only indication we have of individaul thought on your part is this claim, which is in the absence of evidence.

next time i'll post a link to my personal belief system web site if that'll make you happy. :smirk:
you're spinning your wheels, let it go.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (03/06/03 11:02 AM)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1355080 - 03/06/03 12:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

lol, ok...
Quote:

I don't think you're understanding my cut and paste belief system are you?

Man, I think even YOU understand your "cut and paste" system.

Quote:

It's easy to say "yup, what he said".

"I can honestly say that i agree with everything you just posted."

Quote:

If you're trying to compare me agreeing with someones 2 line post concerning a specific point then you are sadly mistaken. But feel free to call me on it as i will call on those that have no original beliefs.

Articles are posted because someone agrees with them. Which you attack and disregard. Pointless replies with no substance are made, because someone agrees with them. The point is, youre agreeing with everything someone else wrote- without any additional imput. The process is exactly the same, but you fail to see that, or indicate exactly how the two differ.

Quote:

If you're trying to compare me agreeing with someones 2 line post concerning a specific point then you are sadly mistaken.

That "two line" post expressed a series of ideas (same as an article), and was much longer than 2 lines. Take a look They both express a view held (and written) by someone else, and they were both posted or replied to by a third party with no additional substance added.

Quote:

next time i'll post a link to my personal belief system web site if that'll make you happy

Maybe we should all post links to our personal beleif system websites so that next time we agree with an author or otherwise we wont be attacked as being unoriginal!
I think its a good idea! Sure, then maybe there wont be any hipocracy when you call people silly names, or dismiss their postings without some constructive argument. You hate "unoriginal thinkers," i hate hypocrites....

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1355134 - 03/06/03 01:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Man, I think even YOU understand your "cut and paste" system

hmmm, i'm going to have to say yes.

Quote:

"I can honestly say that i agree with everything you just posted."

apples and oranges my man.

Quote:

Articles are posted because someone agrees with them

which part? all of it or certain things in certain situations?

Quote:

Which you attack and disregard. Pointless replies with no substance are made, because someone agrees with them. The point is, youre agreeing with everything someone else wrote- without any additional imput. 

you're comparing my agreement with a specific point to the agreement of an articlae that covered many points...ya get the point yet?

Quote:

Maybe we should all post links to our personal beleif system websites so that next time we agree with an author or otherwise we wont be attacked as being unoriginal!

no be so sensative...

Quote:

think its a good idea! Sure, then maybe there wont be any hipocracy when you call people silly names

i call em like i see them, if you don't like them feel free to not respond. :smirk:

Quote:

You hate "unoriginal thinkers," i hate hypocrites....

I don't hate anyone.  I find you rather amusing. keep it up :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #1355146 - 03/06/03 01:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In the future I will be a member of a group of soldiers, highly trained skilled warriors that fight for territory and resourses.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1355392 - 03/06/03 04:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

you're comparing my agreement with a specific point to the agreement of an articlae [sic] that covered many points...ya get the point yet?

Everything- indicates agreement with multiple points - not specific ones. See: eve?ry?thing- All things or all of a group of things
Oh, and feel free to read that post that you agreed to everything in, it covers multiple premises.

Im amazed you still see a difference....

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1355828 - 03/06/03 11:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you don't get laid much do ya? :smirk:

let it go. 

Quote:

Im amazed you still see a difference.... 

i'm amazed you're still obsessed.  Face it you're making an argument about absolutly nothing. get a hobby and quit stalking me...freak :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (03/06/03 11:36 PM)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1356213 - 03/07/03 03:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Lol...
Whats a matter? cant twist your argument anymore to cover your ass?

you must be really hard pressed to explain yourself out of this one... you cant even adress the argument any more and have to resort to childish insults.

Cmon, I want to see the omnipotence of your individual thinking process. All ya have to do is reply to my main line of argument in my last post. Weve narrowed it down so its really very simple to explain to me at this point.
Last reply you were amused with me...Not so amused anymore? being nailed against the wall must really hurt your ego doesnt it?

--------------------

Edited by TheCaptain (03/07/03 04:07 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1356408 - 03/07/03 05:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Whats a matter? cant twist your argument anymore to cover your ass? 

you're kidding, right? I was just trying to save you from your mondane(sp) argument..keep it up if you want to.

Quote:

you must be really hard pressed to explain yourself out of this one... 

I really haven't thought about it that much but I thought i did, i'm wondering why you're still arguing with me.  Obsess much?

Quote:

you cant even adress the argument any more and have to resort to childish insults. 

i'm trying to make this conversation a little more light hearted, and besides this is the Internet, relax.

Quote:

All ya have to do is reply to my main line of argument in my last post. 

I did but you're not getting it so i'll just let you rant away, this is actually getting amusing.

Quote:

Weve narrowed it down so its really very simple to explain to me at this point. 

yeah, when a person posts a article and says "duh, what he said" equals lack of original thought, you disagree..fine, you don't see me trying to whine about it.  You're trying to equate that with my agreement of a specific point. sheesh i'll just put Ditto next time to save me some time responding.

Quote:

Last reply you were amused with me...Not so amused anymore? 

on the contrary i find you extremely amusing.  If i didn't i wouldn't respond.  I like responding to people that amuse me....keep it up.

Quote:

being nailed against the wall must really hurt your ego doesnt it? 

what wall? you missed the point. As for my Ego i've had better challenges to it in the past but feel free to test it.

you sound like you're getting upset (as much as text can show anger) I really wish you would lighten up. :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (03/07/03 06:56 PM)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1357654 - 03/08/03 06:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

im light man, trust me, im light... Actually im as amused as you are, heh. This is almost like a psychological case study... self image and infallability affecting your preception of social interaction.

I realize what youre saying, and I also realize that youre really not connecting the dots here. I completely agree, posting an article that reflects your view point doesnt show much original thought if you dont personally say anything. You seem oblivious that you do the same thing.

Quote:

you're comparing my agreement with a specific point to the agreement of an articlae [sic] that covered many points...ya get the point yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything- indicates agreement with multiple points - not specific ones. See: eve?ry?thing- All things or all of a group of things
Oh, and feel free to read that post that you agreed to everything in, it covers multiple premises.

Dont bother adressing anything else other than what ive put in quotes here, this is what i really wanna know about. Given that quote, and the evidence there, how do you still escape the generalization you ridicule and dismiss others with????

--------------------

Anonymous

#1357809 - 03/08/03 07:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You're all wrong.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1360403 - 03/09/03 12:03 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

im light man, trust me, im light...

that's becoming apparant.

Quote:

This is almost like a psychological case study... self image and infallability affecting your preception of social interaction.

or the failure of public education teaching comprehension skills, either way i'm amused.

Quote:

realize what youre saying, and I also realize that youre really not connecting the dots here.

if you realized what i'm saying then why do i have to repeat myself so much?

Quote:

I completely agree, posting an article that reflects your view point doesnt show much original thought if you dont personally say anything. You seem oblivious that you do the same thing.

this is where those comprehension skills would come in pretty handy.

Quote:

Dont bother adressing anything else other than what ive put in quotes here,

i already addressed that quote but you're determined to beat it to death...i'll let you if you want to but you're just going to get more upset.

Quote:

Given that quote, and the evidence there, how do you still escape the generalization you ridicule and dismiss others with????

I don't post articles on a broad subject and say "duh, what he said", however i do agree time to time with specific points others make. I've repeated this quite a bit and you still don't get it, what else am i supposed to do?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1360637 - 03/09/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

LOL... you adresed everything else except the evidence... nice, youd make a great politician.

Quote:

I don't post articles on a broad subject and say "duh, what he said", however i do agree time to time with specific points others make. I've repeated this quite a bit and you still don't get it, what else am i supposed to do?

Ohhh! So now its "on a broad subject" just two posts ago it was "many points" Youre flapin like a flag in the wind changing the exact meaning of what you said, its pretty funny. But I guess being ambiguous and constantly changing specifics is a pretty good way of avoiding any responsibility for the specifics. Good job.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1361601 - 03/09/03 10:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LOL... you adresed everything else except the evidence

ha, keep telling yourself that...comprehension.

Quote:

Ohhh! So now its "on a broad subject" 

it's always been on a broad subject, but you choose not to see this.  I can't help you there.

Quote:

Youre flapin like a flag in the wind changing the exact meaning of what you said, its pretty funny. 

what's funny is your relenting pursuit to spin in a circle.  Feel free to continue, i like to watch you spin your wheels, keep it up my man. :grin:

Quote:

But I guess being ambiguous

i've been anything but ambiguous, but i see why you don't understand.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1361722 - 03/10/03 01:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Funny, how you never quote what you say in this thread to try and cover your argument, why is that? When I asked you to specifically clear up what you said, you claimed it wasnt "about a broad subject" or "covers many points" without ever really explaining how it differed specifically...

The only one spinning their wheels here is you, prancing around the real issue, afraid to really explain how your argument is different. You remind me of my 5 year old cousin, who keeps insisting the sky is brown- but never really has the capability of telling me why he thinks it is.

You can sit here till the end of eternity claiming its different, but until you actually SHOW it is by disproving what ive chosen to quote you just sound like an idiot. The obligation to prove is in your end of the court, you should know this- you call others on it.

Here I'll make it easy for you and put what I want to know right down here....
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TELL ME HOW EXACTLY IN CONTEXT OF THAT QUOTE FROM THIS THREAD AND THE RESPONSE QUOTE FROM THE OTHER THREAD ESCAPES BEING A CUT AND PASTE ARGUMENT. (sorry for the all caps- but you seem to have a hard time focusing)

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1361765 - 03/10/03 02:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Funny, how you never quote what you say in this thread to try and cover your argument

you do have the ability to go look up into this thread if you want to see what i've said.  just look up and do this yourself.

Quote:

The only one spinning their wheels here is you, prancing around the real issue

if it makes you feel better keep thinking that...your comprehension skills are amazing.

Quote:

afraid to really explain how your argument is different.

i have already but you refuse to accept it, that's your problem.

Quote:

You remind me of my 5 year old cousin, who keeps insisting the sky is brown- but never really has the capability of telling me why he thinks it is.

that explains it, you have relatives that think the sky is brown.  Does he wear a helmet as well?

Quote:

You can sit here till the end of eternity claiming its different, but until you actually SHOW it is by disproving what ive chosen to quote you just sound like an idiot

Idiot? Your the one who's obsessed with me.  You must like me.

Quote:

The obligation to prove is in your end of the court, 

i figured i had but apparantly you're pretty slow..no offense.

Quote:

TELL ME HOW EXACTLY IN CONTEXT OF THAT QUOTE FROM THIS THREAD AND THE RESPONSE QUOTE FROM THE OTHER THREAD ESCAPES BEING A CUT AND PASTE ARGUMENT. (sorry for the all caps- but you seem to have a hard time focusing) 

I ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS...sorry for the caps but you're comprehension is equivalant to the average teen-ager.

let it go man, just let it go :grin:

i'm having too much fun watching you pound your fists on the ground and throwing a temper tantrum. Keep it up man it's making the Political forum a little more fun.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1362487 - 03/10/03 07:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Lol...
Quote:

I ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS

haha, ok... Where?
Quote it for me.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1362497 - 03/10/03 07:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

psst, I'll give you a hint, it's in this thread. happy hunting :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1362833 - 03/10/03 10:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hah, happy hunting indeed... it doesnt exist. lol...

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1364323 - 03/10/03 10:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

keep looking...i'm sure you'll find what you are looking for....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1364794 - 03/11/03 04:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No, you didnt adress that remember. lol

You said something about "many points." I showed you an article that had many points to which you agreed with "everything" in, and you still keep jabbering about "broad subjects" while refusing to adress the evidence against you.

--------------------

Edited by TheCaptain (03/11/03 04:04 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1364831 - 03/11/03 04:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

keep looking.... :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order