Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

Help! Internal "bluing" of hyphal knots??
    #1346787 - 03/02/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all. Here's a question from a friend of mine.

"I had a cake that flushed blue all over the first time I fanned it, assumably from O2. It faded away exept for at the "seam" of the cake.

Let me explain the "seam." As an expiriment I mixed two different strains via isolated inoculation points in a standard PF cake. The result was a "seam" of assumably weakened fungi, including many thick hyphal knots.

This seam stayed quite blue, and I had assumed it was just O2 exposure on weak mycelium.

I left the cake for three days. When I returned, there was a beautiful flush of fruit on the cake. The case of some of the fruit near the seam had significant bluing as well. Much of the fruit away from the seam looked perfectly healthy.

Just to inspect what was going on, I decided to martyr the cake and cut into it. Any bluing on the cake was suferficial - exept for the hyphal knots which were thouroughly dark blue inside as well as out.

I have discarded the cake just in case the mystery "bluing" is a contam. My question is, can the clean fruit with not signs of discoloration still be utilized?"

Thank for taking the time to answer this question!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Help! Internal "bluing" of hyphal knots?? [Re: Theta]
    #1346810 - 03/02/03 11:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would think it is just bruising and at the seam maybe the different myceliums are fighting for nutrients.

Thats is my guess :smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains