Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: DoseR]
    #1351945 - 03/05/03 06:52 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Very good post DoseR,

have a shroomy day.

I haven't seen the articles in years to be able to tellyou what kind of spiders were involved in the tests or if the people who conducted these tests were aware of what kuind of spiders they used.

Will try to find out.

Okay,

they were Zilla-x-notada Cl. This particular spider was given flys to eat which were dosed with LSD, caffienne Mescaline and psilocybine and alcohol.

The lSd ones were really strange. Will poist images later.

mj

mj

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: Bardo]
    #1351961 - 03/05/03 07:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Bardo,

Here is the actual photgraph of the normal web built by the spider from the journal article it appears in

mjshroomer

Thanks Bardo ffor posting that URL, although I had these images in my files already.

Here is the normal web.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (03/05/03 07:04 AM)

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1352015 - 03/05/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

uhmmm... well, I would have to say that maybe the hamster likes mushrooms... I mean you can't really force it to eat them. if the hamster didn't like the shrooms after eating them the first time, then it wouldn't eat them again. Just my theory. My friend use to have a guinea pig that LOVED to get high... I don't think they purposely got it high at first, but after a while it would get all excited if it heard lighters flicking... it would also eat stems and seeds LOL and they have a cat that likes it too... like when we smoke, we'll all blow the smoke into a big trash bag and fill it up... then they would lay the trash bag down on the floor and the cat would just run inside of it and just lay there in all that smoke... no one ever made it do it.

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: the spiral]
    #1352048 - 03/05/03 07:49 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

or you could make an extract. I wouldn't try this with a larger pet though, I'd be worried about the destruction of myself, my home, and my pet!

you cruel bastard!

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1352100 - 03/05/03 08:14 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If animals wish to consume mind altering substances, thats fine with me, but no animal should be forced a dose.
My dog ate a package of coffee when it was a pups, and was bouncing off the walls for a good 6 hours followed by a 24hour sleep!
It ate a quarter of weed with similar effects, not as much energy. And its all i can do to keep my 1.5 year old rotti from eating fresh shrooms! I'll let him sniff em and then he'll go to take a chomp out of them! One day i will let him eat them, but it will be when he is an adult, and we are in a safe enviornment, like when i go camping and no ones around.

But i must admit...i did not always think this way...
Bout a year or three ago, i was house sitting my neighboors house, and their two cats. One was the most foul temepered ungrateful cat i have ever had the displeasure to meet! It was horrible...you couldn't pet it, give it a treat, or do anything without it getting pissed off and possible attacking you. It was newyears 99 (i think) and i gave him some powder from the bottom of the bag mixed with wet food. He devoured it in a minute and went off somewhere. Well we're getting high too and forget all about him when it comes running downstairs pouncing on invisible...stuff?! So full of energy, and his eyes were all wild like. He played stalking with the other cat, and then just layed on his side for hours looking straight ahead. But the point of this story is he was definately affected, and afterwards he was a different cat. Im not kidding! He was cuddly and nice, and would let you pet him...everything! Total change...i couldn't believe it, but now a few years later his "ego" has returned and any enlightenment he may have gained has long sinse worn off.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1352106 - 03/05/03 08:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

And to all the people who say its torture...how much did you know about shrooms when you were given them the first time? Yes you've heard what people have told you, but you have no idea what to expect...i dont think its much different for animals, and if one is willing to consume it volunterilly they have as much right to as we do.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: gir]
    #1352207 - 03/05/03 09:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

That's kind of cruel... Unless the hamster somehow told you they really liked eating shrooms. It's near the equivalent of giving a kid shrooms, you have no idea what they could be going through or what could happen to them...

My exboyfriend had a party at his house once and we were hotboxing the room and someone let his dog in... This little kind of retarded lap dog. They were blowing smoke in its face and stuff everywhere it went and soon enough it started acting weird - walking backwards and stuff. I don't know if he liked it or not but forcing the dog to get high seemed sort of mean... On the other hand though, my cat always comes in when im rolling a joint or packing a bowl (one time he went and just sat in a pile of weed, i wasnt too happy) and likes to curl up on my lap when I'm smoking. I blow some smoke his way and he's chill.. lol

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: Lyena]
    #1353131 - 03/05/03 04:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"if the hamster didn't like the shrooms after eating them the first time, then it wouldn't eat them again."

How many people here have gotten addicted to drugs that they've liked, and suddenly wanted to stop, but hated it, because they had to keep going back? Even if there are none here, which I severely doubt, it happens quite frequently.

Also, keep in mind that just because something isn't physically addicting, it can still be mentally addicting.

Anyway, my previous post still applies to those sick delinquints who would perform such a crime.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#1353199 - 03/05/03 05:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh man .. this thread opens up all sorts of animals on mushrooms/mj/drugs stories I have.

First off I have to agree with Dosr..you cant compare a spider to other reptiles or animals. They are indeed different species. What about all those animals/mammals/fish/reptiles etc.. that eat all sorts of mushrooms and other poisonous plants and vegetation on the earth that would normally kill or make us humans very sick?? Why can they eat it?
We are all built differently. Its part of God's big plan :smile:

Mj thanks for your post.. but you dont have pets. Your only posting theory.

Now back to cats. Let me give some of my insight. I use to give mushrooms to my cats at least twice a year.
The first time,... my first cat Cannabis.. well she was afraid of the outdoors for the first 6 months I had her. She never went outside. Then I gave her about an 1/8th of a gram of mushrooms... and she went right outside and did circles in the back yard for about 2 hours. She dug holes.. rolled around...got all dirty... played in the bushes.. chased bugs.. played and played and played, typical cat stuff. I could not get her back in the house for nothing, not even Whiska. She completely connected with the earth and loved it. Then finally she got bored outside and came indoors to lay in my lap for the next 3 hours of non stop purring and love. She reached out and swated at things that were not there and was indeed hallucinating.. but purring the whole time. She was a happy cat! After that she was never afraid of going outdoors again.

Turned out my roomate at the time was blowing pot smoke at her all the time while I was gone to work as well. And she loved that. So he showed me one night.. as soon as he lit the bong she came running over to him and sat right next to him on the couch while he blew smoke at her. And sure enough she was silly and happy for the next few hours, once again purring for hours.

Later as I got another cat I tested the mushroom theory on her once as well. Same thing,.. that cat...both cats were happy and completely goofy for the next 3 to 4 hours and purring the whole time.

I believe in very small doses they truly enjoy it. Why shouldn't they.. they are intelligent creatures full of love just as we are. And we certainly enjoy the mushrooms :smile:

One last note on meth and cats.. when I was younger..about 20 or so I use to dabble in meth. We left a mirror lying out with about a 1/4 gram on it... and our cat licked most of it up. That cat did not come down for about 2 days. It was around Christmas and that cat would run and climb up the middle of Christmas tree..... shake it like hell... and get all the ornaments to fall off and chase them around all night long!!  Of course making so much fraking noise and braking shit all night. We couldn't get it to stop playing for like 2 days straight... it would not sleep or sit still... just played and played and its imagination was insane... LOL>>.

Finally the speed wore off and he slept for 3 days solid! He even missed Christmas. But at least he didn't die and he never fucked with our stash again :smile:

I have quite a few more stories with dogs and pot and alcohol but I think we all know not to leave your bag of pot lying around dogs.. they will eat it and enjoy it and keep eating it until its gone.  They also tend to like the expensive kind bud the best :smile:

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (03/05/03 05:23 PM)

Offlinegir
Perceptionist

Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1353693 - 03/06/03 02:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Wow! Its Ryche Hawk! When SWIM first started growing, the majority of advice and teks he used came from Hawk's documents. Its a small world eh? But anywho, the way you described your cats experiences sounds alot like some of SWIM's first experiences with sacred fungus. Good times.... almost brings a tear  to my eye :grin:

Thanks for all the replies everyone!!

--------------------
Click HERE for a sample of one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded!

Edited by gir (03/06/03 03:44 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1353854 - 03/06/03 04:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hawk, I have had pets all of my life except for these past five years since I moved to the WEst Coast from Hawaii.

Over the past thirty years, I have seen people I know try to feed shroosm to dogs, cats, one time ducks and pidgeons in a park and guinea pigs. Generally at those times the animals rejected the shroosm so aI doubt that they like them.

Yes a dog will come to you and you blow smoke in his face.
The same with a at. That does not mean that they like what you are doing to them.

How would you feel is some asshole came up to you and just blew cigarette smoke in your face?

Big deal.

It is cruel to give these animals drugs and I do know what I am talking about.

Sorry you can't see that.

Yes spiders have different metabilisms than cats and dogs, but then no one was able to complain when the army fesd LSD to unsuspecting people who jumped out the window.s

In Florida I saw a guy trying to feed ducks Chlorophyllum molybdites (green gills and/or Morgan's Lepiota), a toxic shroom in humans. HE wanted to see iff it would harm the ducks in order to eat it. I told him they were a toxic shroom and not for human consumption. He did believe me so he tried to get the park pond ducks to eat it.

He even mixed small fragments into bits and pieces of bread. The ducks would not eat the fragments. This person also tried to feed the pigeons psilocybine bits and they would peck and leave the pieces.

I saw one guy put sherooms in a dogs food and the dog gobbled about two bites and walked away from the food

Yess when I smoked weed in my homes when my family and I had dogs and cats, yah, they would act strange from the smoke but I am not one of those cool kids who thinks its cool to blow smoke up their animals nose.

Then again I also hear many people here at this site who claim their domesticated animals eat shrooms and like them. I think this is pure Bullshit.

Yes slugs, Deers and squirells love amanita muscaria, and Amanitas are not the same as psilocybian mushrooms.

Slugs, rats and many larvae insects eat the shrooms and get dizzy, so do ants who also like psilocybe mushrooms. But if you figure oput the ants body weight, he really could not get to dizzy off the small amount of shroomms that the ant consumed. Even palmettos love p. cubensis. But then what other kind of animals would eat those shrooms except slugs.

You think becasue I am living currently linving alone somewhere that i have not had animals in my life.

mj

I happen to know to well whaty I am talking about.

Edited by mjshroomer (03/06/03 04:13 AM)

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
    #1354159 - 03/06/03 06:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I had a plan of wetting a half ounce of shrooms putting sugar all on them and feeding them to a horse, does this sound like a good idea? And i wanna get a hamster now haha

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: PooGrower]
    #1354297 - 03/06/03 07:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Youu could go to jail for doing that.

mj

That is dusgusting.

get a life

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1354350 - 03/06/03 07:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno about pychedelics and animals, but I know that my cats LOVE to get high. I love my cats very much, and I would never do anything to hurt them, but my cats will take shotguns from my mouth, they LOVE it. They come to me every time I get my stuff out, and starting rubbing on me and sniffing around my mouth.

Just because you've seen some bad things with animals and drugs, doesnt mean that there aren't exceptions. My cats love to smoke, and I love to smoke with my cats. They make me happy, and I make them happy. I just don't see how thats "cruel". Peace.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: chunder]
    #1354657 - 03/06/03 09:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly!! different animals react differently to different substances...
Some "like" it, others dont, some take it volunterily, others have it "sugar coated".
I've known lots of humans who ate a drug, and then where so scared by what they saw/felt/experienced they never tried again....however most will say the experience was worthwhile even though they would not do it again.
If an animal wants to eat a shroom, or comes up to you while your smoking, they obviously want to consume whatever it is.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1354666 - 03/06/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If the law enforcement officers are reading these pages and sees posts like I get my hamsters high, or my dogs high or my cat loves it when I blow smoke in her face you only reinforces some of their rights to make these items illegal for all of us.

It s because of that very kind of shit that laws against drugs are created. That is irresponsible and stupid thing to do.

Cats come to humans because that is their nature to come to you when you call them, here kitty kitty.

Not because you are going to blow smoke in their faces/.

mjshroomer

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1354841 - 03/06/03 10:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If the law enforcement officers are reading these pages and sees posts like I get my hamsters high, or my dogs high or my cat loves it when I blow smoke in her face you only reinforces some of their rights to make these items illegal for all of us.

How exactly do we reinforce thier rights to make these items illegal?!  Just because you know that animals hate all drugs and think its cruel?  I know my cat and dog enjoy the pot smoke.  If it is too strong they sneeze and walk away, or lie down beside me away from the smoke.  Saying that this is irresponsible is only your opinion, and that is by no means basis for anyone to take away such  substances......i mean cat nip fucks my cat up more than weed does!

Quote:

It s because of that very kind of shit that laws against drugs are created. That is irresponsible and stupid thing to do.

Says you!...these are NOT reasons why drug laws were created....LOL....
But your right that forcing substances on animals is stupid and irresponcible.

Quote:

Cats come to humans because that is their nature to come to you when you call them, here kitty kitty. 

But is it thier nature to come to you when they smell pot?  or see your bong on the table?...or recognise the music as bob marley?  No one said they "call" thier animal....they just come over cus they know whats going on and want in on it.  I had a cat that didn't like pot, and she never came over while pot was being smoked!

Quote:

Not because you are going to blow smoke in their faces/.

Actually, thats exactly why they come over, because i never call them, and it obviously is not food! :smile:

I think your over-reacting mj.  Just make sure your animal is taking whatever substance volunterily and in a small tiny dose (if its the first time), and dont give it meth, and lsd.....or anything synthetic.  Dont go feed others horses sugar coated shrooms, but if you have a horse whom you are familiar with, and it'll eat a fresh shroom or two, i dont see whats so bad about it. 

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: gir]
    #1355074 - 03/06/03 12:47 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've got to agree with MJ here.

Giving drugs to animals is NOT COOL.

If you have a cat or dog that rush over when you are packing a bowl is one thing, but to slip shrooms to a horse or a hamster is something totally different. I've even seen cats jump from lap to lap as the splif is going around the circle. As long as the first time the animal "tried" the drug, he/she did it of their own accord and was not forced to inhale the smoke, then maybe, just maybe, it would not be cruel.

However, any type of "hard" drug should be kept strictly away from innocent animals. Just because the 3 year old baby accidentally gobbled some LSD and then looked like he/she had a good time, does not mean you would slip some LSD into their canned peas and laugh about it.

Psychedelic drugs are very serious, dangerous substances and only those that can make an informed decision should be given the chance to use them.

I know some of this is contradictory, but that is my thoughts right now.

Peace
OKKuato

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Hamsters On Mushrooms [Re: OKKuato]
    #1355101 - 03/06/03 01:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

MJ, I'm not saying I blow smoke in her face. I'm saying I open my mouth a little bit and shotgun smoke out, adn she STICKS HER NOSE IN MY MOUTH. I have a cat that doesn't smoke, he doesnt come up to it, he doesnt act interested in it, so i dont force it on him.

I agree that you're overreacting a bit, maybe you should try and look at it from our point of view?

And OK, I agree whole heartedly about the psychedelics. I just can't imagine an animal getting anything positive out of a psychedelic experience, but again, I may not fully understand the circumstance or the animal.

--------------------

Edited by chunder (03/06/03 01:13 PM)

OfflineDa Challice
Kush Man

#1358786 - 03/08/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Mjshroomer , may I add something to this animals and drugs topic? Not too long ago as a matter of fact it's still going on right now, scientists test 99% of all the drugs put out on the market on rats and such animals. Of course animals are different from humans, but the drug affects them the same way. Many illegal drug studies even have been done on rats and many other animals too. Monkeys being one of them, many others too. Why do you think this is cruel? Vets give cats ketamine everyday. It's a matter of what your giving them, weed is ok because it's a BODY type of high, mushrooms are more HEAD orianted and mind type of highs and just be careful not to blow up their tiny little brains.

--------------------
I hate to say this man......but I think I'm getting the fear.

Edited by Da Challice (03/08/03 04:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate