Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Loc: East Coast, USA
Tupperware viability?
    #1345737 - 03/01/03 07:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Howdy!! My dog Ralph is a first time poster, long time lurker.  Ralphies finally getting evolved enough to partake in some recreational mycology.

Ralphies problem is that he doesn't have much room in his closet, and hence, no place for a 10 gal. aquarium or a stryofoam container.. however, being the sneaky canine that he is, he has found a place behind a portion of a wall that would be perfect, but he only has a width of about ehhh 6-7 inches of clearance.

Raphies' (such a cute dog) question is if as a terrarium or a fruiting chamber, would tupperware (airtight) containers or possibly even gladware be sufficient?

Thanks, and as ralphie always says:  meow    :grin: 

--------------------
I dream of rain...........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tupperware viability? [Re: Trife]
    #1345749 - 03/01/03 07:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you can find a container that narrow, but tall enough to hold a cake. Go for it.

--------------------

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Re: Tupperware viability? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1345790 - 03/01/03 07:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Great!  Ralphie just didn't know if there was a downside to using tupperware.  Ralphie says that he's seen older tupperware that fits those dimensions, but he's hoping to find some cheaper stuff :wink:

Also, since you are in green  :cool: ,  Shroomism, can you direct him to a URL for infomation on I don't know what to call it, maybe the genetics behind mycology (for lack of a better phrase)

EDIT:  With plants, I loved how you could weed out certain plants to get the desired effects, like white roses, roses with no thorns, ect ect... is this possible in mycology as well? 

Thanks a bunch!! 

--------------------

Edited by Trife (03/01/03 08:01 PM)

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1345843 - 03/01/03 08:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I must admit that I haven't read your entire post but I understand that you are looking for stealth means of growing. Well my friend go look for the Chronic Tek at www.nansnook.com and tell us what you think.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Anonymous

#1345990 - 03/02/03 12:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Re: Tupperware viability? [Re: SixCee]
    #1345995 - 03/02/03 12:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I must admit that I haven't read your entire post but I understand that you are looking for stealth means of growing.  Well my friend go look for the Chronic Tek at www.nansnook.com and tell us what you think. 

Hey six!

I checked out that site, very interesting and good information, altho I could not find a chronic tek?  I assume it'd be under Misc Teks and stuff, but it wasn't there, but I also looked in other places... Could you point a blind man in the right direction? :smile:

hehe thanks!  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1345997 - 03/02/03 12:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

if you go into cultivation there you can see a few post titled chrnic tek its a pretty good tek id say.

--------------------
er

Anonymous

Re: Tupperware viability? [Re: G a n j a]
    #1346008 - 03/02/03 12:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1346035 - 03/02/03 01:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (03/02/03 01:41 AM)

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Re: Tupperware viability? [Re: motaman]
    #1346584 - 03/02/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

[url=http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/7618.html?#POST25386 ]Chronic TEK[/url] 

That looks really really really really perfect!!!

Have a few quesitons.. when making the cakes I assume you would either 1) use a smaller jar or 2) chop the cakes up a little before putting into the miniterraium that the chronic tek has...

Since this is going to be Ralphies first grow,  he want to be successful :wink: and is weary that with cutting up the cakes, he'd expose it to many possible contams..
Would it be possible to make smaller cakes with maybe 1/2 pint jars, and then birthing them into their bigger quart containers?

One more question from ralphie, I know with this tek the air exchange is pretty automatic with the holes in the bottom, but how will it retain the moisture in the jar?  Are you supposed to add water some how?  He's probably just missing something, but hey, noobies like to ask questions!

Thanks guys!!!

--------------------

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
    #1347950 - 03/03/03 02:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

TTT (To The Top) - Ralph needed to top this so I can have a few quesitons answered about that chronic tek, it looks VERY interesting! 

(If TTTing isn't allowed on these forums, please don't smite me too hard kind moderators, I am just 29 posts old :wink: )

Anyways - I need that question about the chronic tek answered (its in the above post)

Also, do the shroomery.org forums have a online chat server?  Probably like IRC or something?  If so, mind shooting me the server and channel name?  Thanks!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
    #1348922 - 03/03/03 09:51 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

TTT

--------------------

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
    #1351083 - 03/04/03 09:10 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

To the top

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Trusted Cultivator
    #1351114 - 03/04/03 09:25 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Since this is going to be Ralphies first grow, he want to be successful and is weary that with cutting up the cakes, he'd expose it to many possible contams.. Would it be possible to make smaller cakes with maybe 1/2 pint jars, and then birthing them into their bigger quart containers?

Yes..but why are you cutting up the cakes? Cakes once fully colonized are highly resistant to contamination and as long as some sterile procedure is practiced you should be fine. If you are concerned you could put the cake inside a ziplock bag and crumple it up in there.

One more question from ralphie, I know with this tek the air exchange is pretty automatic with the holes in the bottom, but how will it retain the moisture in the jar? Are you supposed to add water some how? He's probably just missing something, but hey, noobies like to ask questions!

From what I gathered reading the tek... the cake produces the humidity, which you would give to it by DUNKING when you birth and after every flush I imagine. The holes are small enough that not alot of humidity can escape, and I could be wrong but it probably rises..

--------------------

OfflineTrife
shroomin' n00b(for now)
Re: Tupperware viability? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1351249 - 03/04/03 11:54 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Because with the pint jars, you have to cut them in half to do the chronic tek, and with this being Ralphies first grow, he wants to take as little chances as possible, so birthing them outta 1/2 pint jars, would just be one less step to fark up on =]

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix