Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

The War's not gonna happen
    #1344938 - 03/01/03 11:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i predict that there will be no war in iraq any time soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: ]
    #1345346 - 03/01/03 04:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If Im paying $2.25 a gallon for gas for nothing Im gona be pised... I want someones head to roll for making it $30 to fill my tank.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1345717 - 03/01/03 06:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Crap.... $4 for a gallon of milk...$9 for a gallon of windex and you aint bitching about that.....Oh...you dont use 8 gallons of windex to get to work I guess....

We have the ability to be 'off' of oil...and rather cheaply too....with the exceptions of replacing cars, outfitting the convienience stores for hydrogen, electric or Deep Fryer grease....But we have oil reserves for 50 years, the appalachian Mountains have oil...I've seen the survey maps, feasably we can make the transition in a mere century.....and still have the ability to pump for another 100.

I still dont understand why the public feels they need the gas...Fight the war on Iraq at the gas pumps....the war is over oil, quit using it....Hell...a well tuned hot rod gets better fuel milage and lower emissions than any polution controlled car produced today....Why does the EPA want us to have an oil dependance....

I'ts all taxes...they just started setting up better names for them, making the car companies the collection agent.

Prisoner#1

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1345736 - 03/01/03 07:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Fuel for vehicles only accounts for a small fraction of oil. If we were off fossil fuels in our vehicles tomorrow, we'd still need oil.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #1345748 - 03/01/03 07:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am on the record for saying this as well.... at least not in this year.

Im tired of all the chit... been so many months now.... (war crys)

I feel that Bush W. WANTS more than anything to complete his daddy's mission.... but I also feel that his dad has taught him that he must have majority support in the world before going in..... I dont feel that America has the world's support, at least not enough to attack.

I agree.

BTW: Oilman "in office"= HIGH GAS PRICES!!

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (03/01/03 07:18 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1347145 - 03/02/03 02:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Fuel for vehicles only accounts for a small fraction of oil. If we were off fossil fuels in our vehicles tomorrow, we'd still need oil.

Fuel is only about 20%, but look at the other products, most of which we have already come up with alternatives...lubricants, plastics, varnishes, glues a very wide assortment of things...all of ti is producable in ways other than fossil fuels, Exxon-Mobil have been in develpement of this crap since the 40's, check the patent office....Shell and BP/Ammoco have also bein doing the same, not to mention other private and corporate research.

The dependance on oil is BS...Everything we produce now can also be produced with out oil byproducts....this isnt something that could happen 20 years from now...we have been able to do it for the last 20 years...

Oil is just too damn profitable, in the OPEC nations all you gotta do is poke a stick in the ground and you hit oil, its drilling through sand....here you gotta go through soem tough shit...including rock....and we havent tapped into the atlantic oil yet...

there is enough oil in this country and it's coastal waters to keep us going a minimum of 150 years....

Prisoner#1

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1347220 - 03/02/03 03:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Learn to walk.

If it takes you less than an hour to walk there, you don't need to be taking a car. Unless you're really in a hurry.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: Phluck]
    #1347498 - 03/02/03 05:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ride a bike..

If it takes less than an hour to walk their then it takes only 10 minutes on a bike...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #1347512 - 03/02/03 05:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

heh, so true...
would be a lot easier for everyone if people didnt start going crazy after wwII and building sprawling suburbs everywhere.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1347994 - 03/03/03 02:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I believe that employees and employers should push for telecommuting whenever possible, this would save not only fuel for transportation but the cost of office space and wear and tear on vehicles and roads, as well as allowing employees more free time (from not having to travel), increasing employee morale, and diminishing the need for highway expansion or public funding of mass transportation. I see this as a win-win proposition, but the biggest obstacles are getting employers and managers to change their paradigms and the automobile and petroleum industries/lobbies. Perhaps prodding our legislators to tell the tax nazis to ease up on trying to screw people for taking home office deductions, increasing these deductions and offering tax incentives to employers similar to the car pooling tax incentives.

In short, it is cheaper and more fuel efficient to move electrons than vehicles, we should really begin to take advantage of the nascent information age and learn to utilize the potential of the silicon chip.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1348953 - 03/03/03 10:08 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/04/sprj.irq.main/index.html

I don't think there's anything that can stop them at this point. This articles says there are now 310,000 soldiers massed around Iraq and they're making plans to just go in without Turkey's help. Can you really see Bush saying "Ok, looks like Saddam is being cooperative enough now, everybody go home..."

I think right now they are actually waiting for things with N. Korea to get worse- since fighting 2 wars at once would be more of a proper 'national emergency,' and we know how good national emergencies are for boosting approval ratings and getting new laws approved...

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1348975 - 03/03/03 10:26 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

The War's not gonna happen

It's already happened. Recently American fighter planes bombed surface to surface missiles that were pointed at Kuwait. This is a clear deviation from previous rules of engagement. Not to mention there are special forces operatives already in Northern Iraq. This war will happen. I predict very soon. Sooner than you think.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1348978 - 03/03/03 10:30 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

This is a clear deviation from previous rules of engagement

Iraq was in a clear deviation by moving the Surface to surface missiles into the "No Fly Zones" . The US responded to that "clear" violation by bombing the missiles.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: Skikid16]
    #1348996 - 03/03/03 10:51 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Iraq was in a clear deviation by moving the Surface to surface missiles into the "No Fly Zones" . The US responded to that "clear" violation by bombing the missiles.

It's a no FLY zone, not a no-surface-to-surface missile zone. The Iraqis were not in violation of any UN resolution or international laws by moving those missiles.

The no fly zones were set up to protect the Kurds and Shiites, over the last ten years, coalition aircraft have been patrolling it, only bombing targets in retaliation for radar locks and misslie launches against them. Obviously the rules of engagement has dramatically widened - a pretext to war.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: The War's not gonna happen [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1349034 - 03/03/03 11:35 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

good point about the no fly zone. anyway, as for oil, don't we make plastic from oil? everything is plastic, or at least it looks that way in hollywood movies. anyway, i think getting off oil is definitely the thing to do...but then america has a Texas oil man for president.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale