Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]
Anonymous #40

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #13445054 - 11/06/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

They were idiots and benched every single day. I diddnt say they were the brightest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #45

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #13445085 - 11/06/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #12 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #40 said:
lifting weights is really a horrible way to gain muscle. I have two buddys that benched all last year and tore so much shit in their arms that they most likely will never be able to do it again.

wtf? I've been benching for years, what exactly did they tear?  I don't believe that one bit lol.

45, I bet you do get a great work out from that stuff, I hike also.  But I'm just sayin, sure you walk up a hill with a 30 pound bag, that's awesome.  But, if you hit the gym and did some leg curls and gained strength in your lower extremity, you are telling me you wouldn't do it easier and faster?

Probably not, I find that a 30lb backpack isn't too bad of a workout, I'm 5'8, when I hit 60+ it gets to be a deal, but even if I gained muscle, ratios would still be off and it would still be found difficult to hike. 

You are forgetting that the 60lb backpack is weight.  When I'm working out like this (I hike into the sierras a couple times a week with my camera gear, that's about 30-40lb) I'm hiking with that much weight for a lot longer than 15 minutes on a treadmill or for 20 reps, rest 20 reps, rest, etc.  I'm hiking miles with weight, and these miles aren't horizontal, we're talking Lake Tahoe region.  To me this is far more of a workout than the gym can give me.  I'm not working out at a gym to be able to carry the pack, I can already carry the pack, so why hit the gym, why not throw the pack on and call that the workout?

Anonymous #12

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #45]
    #13445116 - 11/06/10 07:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't forget it's a work out, why not throw the pack on with 15 more pounds than usual though? Then your body will adapt to that so when you carry your camera equipment, your muscles will have adapted/grown, and you'll carry that equipment with ease next time? :lol:
Getting to your destination faster, with more breath, spending more time where you wanted to end.

:lol:

Anonymous #42

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #27]
    #13445155 - 11/06/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #27 said:
Dude I doubt rock climbing could build muscle like hitting the gym can no offence

You've obviously never rock climbed. It IS a full body workout. More intellectually gauging and exciting to boot.

Anonymous #27

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #42]
    #13445171 - 11/06/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im not doubting that it is a good workout I'm just saying that it cannot no matter how much you wish it could.. build muscle better than hitting the gym

Anonymous #45

#13445176 - 11/06/10 07:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #12 said:
I didn't forget it's a work out, why not throw the pack on with 15 more pounds than usual though? Then your body will adapt to that so when you carry your camera equipment, your muscles will have adapted/grown, and you'll carry that equipment with ease next time? :lol:
Getting to your destination faster, with more breath, spending more time where you wanted to end.

:lol:

Hehe, if I can get some more camera gear, the pack will gain more weight, I'm aiming at doing that too :laugh:

Anonymous #44

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #27]
    #13445779 - 11/06/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Anonymous

Reason for deletion: L.

Anonymous #31

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #44]
    #13447146 - 11/07/10 06:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #44 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #27 said:
You fuckin pussy whats more valuable of your time than looking good?

researching, writing, fishing, practicing/playing music, hustlin', making money, chillin' with my bros and/or ho's, havin' fun, gettin' spun, playing actual sports, idk the possibilities are endless...

and although i do get plenty of excercise, it's rarely in a gym and never "lifting weights cuz i wanna get huge." when i look in the mirror everyday i am %100 satisfied and/or happy and thankful with i see...are you? (my guees is prolly not if your lifting weights in order to become bigger)

and you shouldn't call someone else a fag for not lifting weights in order to get huge/conform to what your opinion of one's physique should be and/or with a bunch of shirtless, sweaty dudes - sorry; fail...

one more thing: last semester, the most ripped and unnatural-looking male my age that i have ever seen (obviously on 'roids) came in to the restaurant i used to work at. he looked like a gorilla he was so ripped - it just didn't look right and/or healthy. when an extremely attractive female coworker noticed that i was slightly intimidated by him, ya know what she said..."don't worry b., that's gross; real girls like skinny guys..." with a wink :wink: so ummm yeah...:tongue:

Your obviously gay and a troll.
Females like guys physically bigger than themselves, not smaller or the same size, obviously your scrawny-ass case. Seriously, just eat some fucking cheesburgers and don't give me no excuse about your fast metabolism or shit, cause honestly, you skinny, tall fuckers are honestly more revolting than the roid junkies.

Anonymous #1

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #31]
    #13447206 - 11/07/10 07:13 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

31 has it right :congrats:

Anonymous #40

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13447392 - 11/07/10 08:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, like you would know OP. You have probably been sucking your shit off another mans dick all night.

Anonymous #20

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #40]
    #13447982 - 11/07/10 11:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

come on #40 don't give these guys what they want. they have self esteem issues and putting others down is the only way they know how to deal with them.

Anonymous #1

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #20]
    #13448812 - 11/07/10 02:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

oh please 40 your just a lazy stoner who thinks he looks good skinny  :ahahaha:

Anonymous #20

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13449014 - 11/07/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what the hell is with the assumptions and put downs? what are you trying to get at? does this really make you feel better about yourself you womanless muscle man?

Anonymous #40

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #20]
    #13450543 - 11/07/10 08:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I found this picture of the OP...

Anonymous #24

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #40]
    #13452398 - 11/08/10 06:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

too many soft, cheeto munching, orange finger fitness experts in this thread

anon #9 is likely cypher and he has never been in a fight

Anonymous #45

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #24]
    #13453047 - 11/08/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

All I know is wrecklessly throwing on too much weight, no matter how large you are, when out in wilderness conditions you can tweak your ankle just right (even without carrying weight) to seriously injure yourself. And in the wild, it takes more than strength to survive, especially when injured.
There was a hike done a few years back with a bunch o people on an endurence test, it was some 400mile 30 days in the wilderness trek, it wasn't a reality series it was a private class, the people got a single piece of fruit a day if I recall. Big people lost weight, but it was the muscular people who dropped out first, they burned muscle instead of fat and ended up starving themselves out. Fat people didn't do well either as it is a strain altogether on the body. Women faired the best.

Anonymous #12

Re: To all you phags who don't lift weights cause you don't wanna get huge [Re: Anonymous #45]
    #13453191 - 11/08/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #45 said:
All I know is wrecklessly throwing on too much weight, no matter how large you are, when out in wilderness conditions you can tweak your ankle just right (even without carrying weight) to seriously injure yourself. And in the wild, it takes more than strength to survive, especially when injured.
There was a hike done a few years back with a bunch o people on an endurence test, it was some 400mile 30 days in the wilderness trek, it wasn't a reality series it was a private class, the people got a single piece of fruit a day if I recall. Big people lost weight, but it was the muscular people who dropped out first, they burned muscle instead of fat and ended up starving themselves out. Fat people didn't do well either as it is a strain altogether on the body. Women faired the best.

that sounds fun I bet i could do this

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order