Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Tunnel of music
    #1345225 - 03/01/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

After smoking quite a bit of some excellent weed yesterday, I went to my living room and listened to Shpongle, and oh man it was crazy fun! I started seeing the music, it was like my imagination was dancing right infront of my closed eyelids. Since I have a 5.1 surround sound setup, it felt like the music was totally encompassing me and I began travelling through a tunnel looking at fractals, weird cut out shapes, waves of rubber, and bobbling multi-colored and textured walls dancing away to the music. I've been able to "see" my imagination or thoughts other times while smoking weed, but never like this, and not so vividly. If I could record what I was seeing it would be the best music video ever! lol. To a regular pot smoker, this may sound mundane, but since I don't smoke weed often it was a really awesome experience. So anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is cause I was listening to Terence McKenna talking about how humans are evolving languange to be more visual. He claims that if we can somehow project our thoughts as pictures, or images, then communication would be much easier and more precise since we would see exacly what the other person is talking about, and we woudn't have to interpret their words through our language filters.
In his DMT trips, that's what the "elves" were always trying to teach him, to make language that was visible.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Tunnel of music [Re: chodamunky]
    #1345615 - 03/01/03 08:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The first time i done acid. My fan sounded like an ocean. When i listened to music i was transported in to its world. Nothing was more amazing than that, during the trip. I just find it amazing to hear all!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1345745 - 03/01/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

'Visible" to the third eye. Telepathy is the next level of communication. We are preparing for it now. Telepathy consists mostly of projected images, feelings, emotions, wisdom.

Edited by Shroomism (03/01/03 09:13 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1346628 - 03/02/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

DUDE!

Yes! heh

The reverbs and delays in Shpongle really do create a giant "tube" type enclosure where many sounds echo off into eternity :wink:

And I totally hear you re: visual language..... dude if you do ayahuasca you'll REALLY be able to tell what he's talking about - you can indeed create and manipulate solid-looking objects in that strange spotlight in your mind's eye.. now there's gotta be some way to project these things because that would be the coolest art-form EVER, by leaps and bounds.. Not to mention an extremely efficient means of communicating ideas from one brain to another :smile:

Psychedelic music helps keep these displays fresh and organized due to subtle slow changes in sounds that keep slightly morphing the hallucinations in a more controlled manner..... but yeah man visual language is already becoming a reality: :tongue: :laugh: :tongue: :shocked: :cool: :blush: :grin: :confused: :cool: :ooo: :crazy: :cool:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (03/02/03 12:21 PM)

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Tunnel of music [Re: Strumpling]
    #1347021 - 03/02/03 03:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

now there's gotta be some way to project these things because that would be the coolest art-form EVER, by leaps and bounds..

damn straight!  I relistened to Shpongle sober and I still remember certain parts where I just saw the most insane shapes just happily bouncing along and morphing. Also, during the high I got this feeling that if I only smoked a little more, I would not just see the tunnel behind my eyelids, but that I would actually be inside it and become a part of the music, sort of like becoming my imagination if that makes any sense. Luckily i still have a good portion left of that great weed so i'll definately try to explore this more  :laugh:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1347072 - 03/02/03 04:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You can and will become engulfed in that world..... you have to make sure you're not "trying" to do it though

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology