Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Loc: EastCoast, USA
HyperSpace! what do you believe and know?
    #1345125 - 03/01/03 01:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm making this topic to discuss Parallel Universes, Times warps, worm holes and other Dimensions first off i well start off by saying do you the person reading this belive in worm holes likes the ones that control "time & space" ones that can take you back in time and ones that can take you to other Worlds as in other Universes and worlds like our own maybe less advance or more advanced? give me your Theorys? I would like to here from you all no matter how far out there it may be so to speak LOL trust me i have some rather strage ways of looking at things to.

Peace

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

Edited by summitstealth (03/01/03 03:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: summitstealth]
    #1345325 - 03/01/03 04:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hmmm...i've never put a lot of thought into this topic...mabey i will...
i do believe in worm holes...i wonder if dreaming is like a worm hole...i go to a completly different world...hmmm...
i like this topic...even thou i don't have much of an opinion. :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1345727 - 03/01/03 07:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We live in a three-dimensional world of planets, suns, and galaxies. It is a material place we can see and touch, we can call this the 'coarse matter' world since it is material and appears solid.
Time is energy, it cannot be seen, but it is energy that causes the rotation and movement of the third-dimensional world. It is a wave of pulse energy that moves through all matter, causing rotation, movement, and pulsation. Time controls the normal speed of all matter until something comes along and changes it. Time is considered "fine matter" since it is not solid and exists only as an energy form. Without time, space would stop moving.
So we live in a space that is affected by the energy of time. The space we live in is comprised of different kinds of matter; carbon, hydrogen, zinc, and the other elements that make up our third dimensional space. But the universe has other dimensions that do not contain the same matter as the three-dimensional part we live in. Hyperspace is on of those areas. Here there are different kinds of energy particles that are moving at much higher speeds because time is different, and time does not exist in hyperspace the same as it does in our dimensions.

Hypothetically, in order to travel through hyperspace, one would have to convert themselves and their ship into 'fine matter' particles in order to 'jump' into hyperspace. We would approach the speed of light, which would cause tremendous amounts of mass to be pushing inwards on the ship, which would be held back by a 'force field' of sorts, or an energy screen around the ship. The first step to moving into hyperspace would be to turn off the protective screens, which immediately causes an enlargement of the mass. The tremendous energy rushing in on the ship is then used to facilitate the changing of matter of the ship into fine-matter energy. We are no longer in material form but have been converted into a different form of energy that can exist in another dimension, which is called hyperspace. We have created a distortion of time and dematerialized ourselves. At the exact moment that we are converted, we must make the move into hyperspace. In order to make the move into hyperspace, a dilation of time is caused. The theory of relativity only goes to a certain point here. At the exact moment of the dilation in time, the breaking open of hyperspace occurs and the ship and crew, in their new form, move into hyperspace (null-time)
In hyperspace we are moving so fast we would appear paralyzed relative to the normal world. We can cross 500 light years of distance in a millionth of a second. Once the destination is reached, the process is repeated, backwards...back into coarse-matter.
Hyperspace could also be utilized for Time Travel, but quite the tricky process and highly regulated.

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1345863 - 03/01/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First it kind of annoys me when people say 'the fourth dimension is time' because while there's some truth to that- it's not that simple. If you're talking about a fourth dimension you really mean a fourth spatial dimension, that's what a hypercube's a picture of, and it would be more accurate to say it's the direction in which a massive object bends space. The ball on the 2d rubber sheet bends it 'downward,' the planet in 3d space bends it... something that feels like 'inward' but is not.

The first 4 dimensions are spacetime, and they're all interchangeable but at slow speeds you experience them as 3 spatial + time. All of which are at right angles- but if you go fast enough your time direction appears to bend at an increasingly acute angle to the direction you are traveling. This is related to the fact that all speed really is is "distance / time " but I can't really explain why.
Gravity basically bends all directions including the time direction towards the mass so at the extreme case- the edge of a black hole- going forward (into the hole) and going forward in time are the same thing- in other words, it's inevitable.

Hyperspace then is the fifth dimension, or what you could call a fourth spatial dimension. As for where it is- our 4d universe is wrapped around it like the 2d surface of a balloon. It has a small 5d thickness (like the balloon surface has a small 3d thickness) but like the balloon rubber, it is almost negligible. This means beings our size are practically 'flat' and have very little 'leverage' in the fifth direction, though subatomic particles are able to do more with it.

As for traveling through it- I have no idea. Probably turns out to be the least energy-efficient means of locomotion possible. You'd need wormholes- big ones- and wormholes do exist all over the place but when you get any bigger than a nucleus they start to get really improbable. So I think your best bet would be an Infinite Improbability Drive...

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: Xibalba]
    #1345870 - 03/01/03 09:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

everyone is always saying how the universe is accelerating as it is expanding. but that we dont have to worry about eventually living in a black void because the theory of relativity says that when light is created by the far away star, it is moving towards us at the speed of light.

even if we are moving away from the lightsource very fast, as we eventually will be if the universe continues to accelerate away from itself, when the light is created, it is automatically moving towards us at the speed of light. because the acceleration of light is infinite.

so if object a is moving towards a star at the speed of light and object b is moving away from the same star at the speed of light, and at the instant they reach each other (assuming they pass each other) the star shines a couple of photons at them from one light year away. they are both going to see the photon at the same time ? because the photons that were created at the time that each of the objects was equidistant from them ?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Anonymous

#1346650 - 03/02/03 10:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Because there is an infinite number of possibilities, an infinite number of parallel universes can and do exist. They branch off from each other with respect to the circumstances and events of each moment. Any and all things are possible.

In regard to time warps, let me start off by saying that "time" is strictly a 3D concept imposed on us solely for the purpose of learning. When one realizes that this thing we call "time" does not really exist, the concepts of "speed" and "distance" become meaningless. Without time, you are able to cross what seems to us like great distances, in "zero time" -- that is, intantaneously -- because there is really no distance to "travel". As of right now on 3D Earth, humans are indeed able to access other dimensions and points in time, but it entails some work due to our limited awareness of a linear time sequence. This can be done with an EM generator. EM waves are what bind us into a particular dimension, while gravity is the actual binder of "stuff", ie. matter and aether, of each physical and non-physical dimension, respectively. When a large enough EM field is generated, the matter engulfed has, in effect, access to another dimension via a space/time window. Think "Philadelphia Experiment" and the Bermuda Triangle. What's causing the strong EM generation in the area of the Bermuda Triangle? I'll leave that one up to you to find out.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1346972 - 03/02/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We're now in the grey-area between Philosophy and Science..... wonder how the mods will deal with topics like this :smirk:

Anyway, I have no clue about wormholes, although many scientists seem to think that information is "lost" in black holes... I'm not sure if that's possible; it may just be going somewhere else, in which case a "wormhole" would be a semi-plausible explanation.. however, this type of "science" is way "out there."

From what I understand, smoking DMT may take your mind to places its never witnessed before :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1347218 - 03/02/03 03:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ya, probably so. So send some some of that stuff u call "DMT" cause it's "TNT" and i knows it's dynomite -N- it's out of control. quote: ACDC, and Ddog thats me LOL!!

Peace

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: ]
    #1347376 - 03/02/03 04:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You say EM waves bind us into a certain dimension.. and I believe I have heard that all humans are surrounded by an em field. How would one generate a big enough field and gain access to ther dimensions?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1348904 - 03/03/03 09:39 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

The Universe is TRULY infinite. By that I mean that it is infinite in all directions, infinite in time, infinite in dimension and scale and by THAT I mean that there are an infinite number of spatial dimensions - but it's mostly a mathematically necessary framework for THIS dimesion to exist - skeletal dimensions, if you will, that are not populated by benevolent multidimensional beings.  :wink:

infinite scale would take a little more explaining...

There is no such thing as "the smallest structure" (quarks, superstrings, planck's lengths, etc.) and there is no such thing as "the largest structure" (galaxies, clusters, superclusters) There is ALWAYS something smaller and always something bigger. This means that the universe is infinite even if it isn't infinitely large. Because it has infinite resolution, infinite granularity - it also has infinite surface area (think about it - what's the surface area of a tree?) or zero surface area depending on how you look at it.

The universe is incomprehensibly infinite.

Offlinenicene
milkman

Loc: NC
Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1349402 - 03/04/03 08:25 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

infinite number of spatial dimensions

Actually, not really. The speed of gravity was just ascertained not more that a few months ago confirming Einstein yet again. Mathematically, the number of spatial dimensions are limited and finite. Scientists now postulate that there cannot be more than 1 or 2 spatial dimensions beyond the 3 we already know. And even then, we will know much better once we can get a more precise reading of the speed of gravity.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: nicene]
    #1349514 - 03/04/03 09:03 AM (21 years, 30 days ago)

Yes they found that gravity travelled exactly at the speed of light - as was expected. But how does that limit the number of spatial dimensions? What theory postulates that there "cannot be more than 1 or 2 spatial dimensions beyond the 3 we already know?" There are many theories that call on extra spatial dimensions (if only as a mathematical foundation) including string theory and brane theory.

These are just theories and I'm not saying that there has to be an infinite number of dimensions, it's just what I believe. I think the simplest and most persuasive argument is the it just follows that there must be higher planes.
0,1,2,3 what's next?

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

#1350884 - 03/04/03 07:03 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I like what you have to say infidel.

you know how at the end of men in black 1 they zoom out of the planet, solar system, galaxy, nebulas, and all sorts of junk and eventually zoom out so far that a crazy alien is playing marble with our universe. or have you seen that st;voyager where kes 's powers evolve and she can see smaller than the subatomic? and tuvoc is all, "there is nothing smaller than the subatomic"

well i think about that all the time

whats beyond our largest ponderance? what is beyond our smallest ponderance?

--------------------

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

#1351362 - 03/05/03 02:01 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I can imagine that every fiber of life is a universe within itself that stretches to infinity. So, what is life? I would suppose that it is energy, that simple. This universe that we are a part of, for all I know, could be some unbelievably small particle in another universe in a universe in a universe... But in each of these universes an infinite amount of universes branch out and from them an infinite amount branch out. eh..

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Re:Masters of Hyperspace [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1351606 - 03/05/03 04:47 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Masters of Hyper space. Although field theory shows that the energy necessary to creat these marvelous distortions of space and time is far beyond anything that modern civilizations can muster.
This raises two important ?'s, How long do you think wil it take for our civilization, which is growing exponentially in knowledge and power, to reach the point of harnessing the hyperspace theory?.
And what about other intelligent life forms in the universe, who may already have reached that point?

Another question i would like to ask do you believe in other life forms besides ours?

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re:Masters of Hyperspace [Re: summitstealth]
    #1351661 - 03/05/03 05:07 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Wow.. what a great thread!

Here's my thoughts on the matter...

I believe in life forms other than ours - I don't neccassarily believe they are in our galaxy, but they're out there - be it a bipedal species (which I kind of doubt), or a infinitly intelligent gelatenous species, (anyone read about the pattern jugglers?). I'm always open to new ideas, but I lean more towards the "infinitly big & infinitly small" theory - atoms, subatoms, whatever - quarks strings shoelaces and the like - we can't measure it, so it's the "smallest" by OUR standards.. but like I said, I'm not sure so whatever.

Life on other planets? Definately. Hell, I even think there might be life in space - massive concious clouds that feed off hydrogen .. who knows - as stated above - the possibilities are endless.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Re:Masters of Hyperspace [Re: summitstealth]
    #1351742 - 03/05/03 05:38 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Since I know very little on the subject of creating a distortion of space/time I have no clue how long it will take us technologically speaking. I am curious if we eventually, or if some people now, can already do this. I guess it would take knowledge of our bodies that we do not currently possess, or I am unaware of. Perhaps some substances can cause a rift of this magnitude if used accordingly. DMT is my best guess. We actually produce it in our brains, in the pineal gland. Not that I know how to release it consciously, but I bet ingesting/inhaling pure DMT would do the same thing. I've read reported experiences of people visiting other worlds, talking to elves, insects, and so on. I think our brain and mind have the ability to do *anything*... eh, let us hope so.

Offlinemachineelf368
self-transforming

Loc: in the mountains, awaitin...
Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1352316 - 03/05/03 10:06 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

I can imagine that every fiber of life is a universe within itself that stretches to infinity. So, what is life? I would suppose that it is energy, that simple. This universe that we are a part of, for all I know, could be some unbelievably small particle in another universe in a universe in a universe... But in each of these universes an infinite amount of universes branch out and from them an infinite amount branch out. eh..

It's really all about Horton Hear's a Who, when it comes down to it.
-m

--------------------
(the above was deciphered from phi (~1.62) using an advanced alphanumeric conversion algorhythm and should not be perceived as meaningful.)

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: machineelf368]
    #1352750 - 03/05/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Being on the subject of DMT which is pretty interesting to me anyone ever try it? I mean i scene somthing on Pot-tv.net where the editor of cannabisculture dana larson showed his DMT experience along w/ many LSD trip and mushroom trips. great show thanx Dana. Peaceout

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

#1353150 - 03/05/03 04:46 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

i watche just about everything on pottv, and dana larson is the most interesting of the lot;.

--------------------

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1353869 - 03/06/03 04:12 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Too many ideas/theories in my head to be SURE at all, but I entertain many. I like the words of Shroomism, Xibalba, and infidelGOD...good stuff. Here's an interesting link- Parallel Universes and Density Shifting. Some of the ideas I don't agree with really, specifically: time=4th dimension, but I just don't know. Besides that it's a good read and by the way, this isn't your conventional physics. Enjoy.  :grin:     

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Re: HyperSpace! what do you believe and know? [Re: Teragon]
    #1354201 - 03/06/03 06:34 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Lets change the topic over to "DMT" , reason being is their is some be ass link between the two the universe and DMT from what i have been reading.

if you dont understand what im saying go check out this site http://www.deoxy.org/hs_phys.htm

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1354227 - 03/06/03 06:39 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Don't forget the reptillian lizards that are controling George Dubbya :crazy: :confused: :grin:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1354233 - 03/06/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

well DMT may be the birthplace of "striving" and "imagining" and "dreaming" and "wondering" :wink: but who knows?

Strassman chose to not study it further......

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract