Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it?
    #1343564 - 02/28/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have lived my entire life with this feeling which I will attempt to describe.

The first rising waves of a mushroom trip, that undescribable feeling that "something" is about to happen. Something is just over the horizon.

I feel as though my life is building towards something which I cannot describe. It seems to me (again, I do not know how I know) that with each new thing I learn, each new connection I make, I come closer to...whatever it is.

This feeling is intimately linked with my intellectual capacity, in some way.

See I'm a smart guy. I'm "gifted" if that means anything. This may sound egotistical, but I am probably the most intelligent person I have met. I have not come accross something that I have not been able to understand, and understand immediately. I dunno, I just connect things VERY easily. And it's getting better and better every day. I have reached the point where I don't have to read about something to understand it. I look at it and just know. This is a new thing, and it surprised me when I realized what I was doing.

So now the feeling is stronger than ever, and although I am still unable to fully grasp it's message or meaning, I have an intense feeling that I am getting close. Very close.

See whenever I used to get the feeling, it would be so brief and primal that I couldn't hold on to it long enough to understand. Like being on the verge of understanding how something works, but loosing the understanding as soon as it appears.

Now I can hold onto the feeling. It lasts longer and is more pronounced. I feel like I'm climbing a mountain with no map and a scarf pulled half over my eyes, so that I can only see where my feet are and not what lies ahead. But now the scarf is getting thinner, I think.

I lay awake at nights sometimes wondering about what I am running towards. It feels big, but I don't know how big.

Will I wake up one day and understand everything? The thought of that is both wonderfull and terrible. Wonderful because my journey, if not my purpose, will be complete. Terrible for reasons I am still unsure of.

I dunno, this was a rant.  :smirk:

Hope you can make something of it. 

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: trendal]
    #1343571 - 02/28/03 05:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I feel stupid when around my parents, and smart around my friends.  :crazy:

...............I don't know what else to say.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1343579 - 02/28/03 05:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

All I can say is that you're not the only one experiencing profound mental/experiential phenomena.
It's happening to all of us in our own unique way.
  :crazy::confused: :laugh: 

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1343606 - 02/28/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Something is just over the horizon.

I feel as though my life is building towards something which I cannot describe. It seems to me (again, I do not know how I know) that with each new thing I learn, each new connection I make, I come closer to...whatever it is.

Its called your evolution! Check out my future post called The second coming (revisded). Ill be posting it in couple of days, i think i know what your talking about man.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1343624 - 02/28/03 05:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i must say i feel simillarly in regards to climbing a mountain or being led on a somewhat blind journey. i myself feel i am approaching something big, maybes its my life. reaching further out into my potential... learning how to spread my wings like a butterfly. but as of late ive seem to be overidden by that feeling of, how do you know what you know and why do you think what you know has anything to do with what you think you know. so consequently, i am making no new posts and am not really making anything solid. but o well, maybe one day i will have something i can obtain in my head and hold on to that feeling and channel it. but now it feels like im going fast down a long highway with the scenery rushing by, what is taken in, is soon replaced by the new fragments of now. but its starting to get better. good luck with your travels, im sure you are on to something great. glad to see other people posting about this, i feel like ive been in the dark ages lately. newayz, peace. good luck to everyone :smile:.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #1343628 - 02/28/03 05:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I dunno, but I think the first step in achieving true enlightenment...is to realize there is no such thing as enlightenment.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: bert]
    #1343636 - 02/28/03 05:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Enlightenment is definately not the exact word to use in this case, but it's probably the closest to what I am trying to describe.

Unfortunately spoken language falls far short of a true explanation.

If only I could just beam my thoughts into all your heads  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1343637 - 02/28/03 05:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i must say that its intriguing that someone else feels this way. and describe it almost as i would have. the difference with me is i never thought about where im going until i read ur post that is. i also seem to get things pretty quick compared to some of my friends. right now im immensly interested in theoretical science and math. like quantum physics and all the universe studies going on right now. also i recently read a book called "communion" by whitley strieber. its a very good read and i suggest everyone read it. it tells the story of a man who believes he was taken by aliens. now i know what ur thinking and that isnt what its about. the question isnt if they exist its where they come from(another planet, another time, our own minds, or even earth) and what they want here. anyways its really hard to explain without just summarizing the whole book. so i guess my point is that i can see what u mean but i dont think im quite as far along the path as u. if that makes any sense. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineninjaaron
newbi
Loc: WI
    #1343639 - 02/28/03 05:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Of course you are the smartest person you have ever met! You live in Canada!

(sorry, couldn't resist :grin:

--------------------
Two things I have learned:
Drugs are fun
Drugs can be harmful

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: ninjaaron]
    #1343645 - 02/28/03 05:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Lolz  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlineninjaaron
newbi
Loc: WI
    #1343662 - 02/28/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously though, I used to feel that way, then I found what I was looking for. I don't know how to explaine it, everything just makes sence now. It is very nice. I can't tell you how to get there, you have to find it for yourself.

Perhaps I can offer some guidence...
1. Realize the faults of the world (everyone does, not hard. most stop here and continue in brooding cynism. Think Holden Caulfeild)
2. Realize your own faults (You are as much of a peice of shit as everyone else, you have false faces, you lie, you hurt others)
3. Make yourself better (work on being less shitty, work hard, don't follow your instincts. human nature is selfish, Following insitincts will lead you in a path of selfish concites)
4. Try to help others realize (people will see a difference, they will respect and listen to you).

reapeat steps 2-4 continuously and simultaniously.
this will help I think. never hurts to try. I also have strong religious beliefs, but I can't choose that for you.

--------------------
Two things I have learned:
Drugs are fun
Drugs can be harmful

Anonymous

#1343686 - 02/28/03 06:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I know exactly what you are talking about. When I was younger I had the same experience.

Eventually, you arrive. Not in the sense that you understand everything. But in the sense that you have a fairly firm grasp of reality. It took me about 30 years and my intelligence is not exactly dull. I started studying Eastern religions when I was 13, abnormal psychology was I was 14, philosophy when I was 16, and by the time I was 19 reading abstruse concepts of Kierkegaard.

But it wasn't until I was in my early 40's until I really began to assimulate it all. At every step I felt I was getting nearer to something. I have now just begun to understand the vaguest clues of this ineffable mystery called life.

I keep reading. I keep studying. And I hope if I live into my 60's to be nearer still.

What have I learned so far?

Much of life is interpreted by means that are always being re-defined. Since that is the case I keep studying. Very few things are absolute.

1. The universe exists outside our minds.
2. The Law of Non-Contradiction cannot be denied.

Beyond those two things we need more data to say anything and what we can say is contingent on the accumulation of new data.

We live in doubt if we live honestly.

Cheers,

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: ]
    #1343957 - 02/28/03 08:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What formal qualifications do you have, Mr M?

Anonymous

Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: zeta]
    #1344177 - 03/01/03 12:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have a BS from Miskatonic U. and a PhD. from BSU.

Cheers,

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: bert]
    #1344486 - 03/01/03 06:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

the first step in achieving true enlightenment...is to realize there is no such thing as enlightenment

Oh ok.

--------------------

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
    #1344663 - 03/01/03 08:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i feel the same thing, yet i can't descibe it. But we are all on the journy up the mountain. We are all taking different paths, but most if traveled correctly, are leading to the top. I hope to meet everyone one up there soon

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1344811 - 03/01/03 10:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like I am on the same, or a similar path. I don't think many other people are however. Maybe I am wrong, but most people today seem to turn themselves off, they don't think about things, they act on instinct, they assume they are right with no thought being involved, they just trust the assumptions of others, everything in their life is controlled by other people, who in turn, are controlled by other people and each other. You can see it in their eyes, and the way they talk. They have turned themselves off, and unless someone turns them back on, or they turn themselves back on, they are just as good as being dead, and unless they are woken back up, they already are. When you see someone who is "awakened" and is on his or her way to enlightenment, it is not hard to tell. You can almost feel it, in what they say and do, they are different from everyone else, they know what?s important and what is not, they don't just believe anyone, not even themselves.

This is just how I feel, another thing I think is that anything created by humans will not be perfect, including myself, so my thinking, and my ideas I realize are also flawed, and are constantly changing.

And Always remember

"The first step to intelligence is knowing that there is one higher."

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1345090 - 03/01/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have a BS from Miskatonic U. and a PhD. from BSU.

In what?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Loc: EastCoast, USA
Re: Enlightenment: what is it, and am I approaching it? [Re: Murex]
    #1345205 - 03/01/03 02:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why sure there is a such thing as enlightenment i mean when your awak and you know all that is around you and you live your daily lives just like any other day thats being conscious. You can only go beyon that and ways of achieving that or at least ways i have is Smoke cannabis and i have for years now but i want to tell everyone that is reading this the reason im tell you about enlightment is because i was enlighten over 1 week ago i can't totally explain why and i can't tell you everything about my enlightenment maybe it's because im just finding out that im at a very high risk of a Brain tumor right now and when i smoke cannabis it helps me to think beyon words and im very spritual about things. The reason i say this is because in just one year i have noticed changes in me and some very serious ones at that. Like it's hard and getting even harder for me to remember things past say 2 or 3 weeks now and even sertain explicit memorys and what people said to me. Some days i'll get up and go back to bed more than 4 maybe 5 or 6 times in the morning somtimes getting up feeling good somtimes feeling bad like im still tired but i just tell myself to get up anyway. Then getting up watch say 30mins of tv then walking outside to get wood to put in the stove and get light headed or dizzy for a few seconds then i'll be ok my vison has changed to i noticed that about 4 months ago my close vison has become weak not some much within feet but say if i goto look at something close im holding in my hand it gets blurry and i used to have perfect eye sight never had any probs befor. And the biggest most important thing if all is my look on life and the quality of it and if i even care to live. And i dont know why i have i very good life my parents are great i love them so much and my brother to. I look at life somedays as if why should i even go on like their is nothing more to do on plantet earth and it's boring i guess that kinda falls back on me not being able to remember things and just setting around thinking about stuff like i used to do if i was bored you know like anyone does to maybe kill time. I mean i can think about certain things that i did say 4 or 5 days ago i can rememeber just little parts not explicit. Like what me and another person talked about i might remember i few things i said and nothing or just a word or two of what the other person said. Their is alot more to it but just last week acutally i made a mental note to remember that i Prayed to God last Sunday night right befor i went to bed i dont know maybe it was the show i happen to see on PBS about this women in here late 40's lossing here memory and not remembering here family it got so bad. but the next morning i woke up feeling refreshed and like a new person not such much have my memory back but just feeling and having reason to live like the world needs me and their is so much to do in life. When i get high and smoke some Herb i tell myself theirs so much to live for not such much being suiacidal, but it all comes back to memory cause when you dont have memory i loss alot of intrest in life and it's very hard on a person belive me. But Cannabis makes me realize and understand that to a point where i feel that im ok and nothing is wrong then i'll say now Dustin remember this and tomarrow add it to your daily life but i dont know it's just so hard to explain maybe it's cause i forget to a point about what i might have realized when being high. I can't belive i just said all that but hey like i said i did Give my heart to the Lord and asked him to guide me and be my saviuor.

Peace

Sincerely,

Dustin Perkins

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

Edited by summitstealth (03/01/03 02:53 PM)

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1345228 - 03/01/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 08:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds