Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Sounds when tripping ?
    #1344416 - 03/01/03 07:26 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

When you're peaking do you sit silently and zone out most of the time on psycho-delics?

Latley when i've tripped on new substances I keep saying "oh shit" "oh shit" "oh fuck", like not in a bad way but in more of an amazed way.

I've got a friend who always makes these weird as hell noises, its hard to describe, I asked him about it and he said "don't worry about it, im loosing my mind, its ok".

And I have another friend who just gets really quiet except you can tell by his facial expressions that hes blown away.

Edited by Crass (03/01/03 07:27 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjchilxxn
Midnight Toker

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: Crass]
    #1344505 - 03/01/03 08:28 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

For me man sounds on shrooms are insane. It is almost rhythmic. A lot of times I can't tell whether or not I'm listening to music. It sounds like I'm in, like a jungle of robot animals or something. It sounds like chirping and howling, but it's so severely distorted. Everything was flanged out and it was insane.

Sadly, this is why I usually can't do music on shrooms. Music is like my favorite thing on almost all other substances, but I can't dig it in mushroomspace. Once I was on a 5 g trip in a cabin in Idylwild and we had beethoven on. It almost made me panic after a while so we had to turn it off.

--------------------

-----

i like ham

OfflineCrayzzieShroomz
the MilkMAnne...

#1349581 - 03/04/03 11:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you're getting like a serious trip...make it fun and watch some cartoons..or just look at some cupboards.  Thats the best.  I love it when the house breathes.  The best cartoon to watch when tripping is "Toad Patrol" its about some frogs that go on adventures.  Me and my friend watched the whole cartoon while tripping and still couldn't figure out the size of the frogs. :grin: 

--------------------
You live and You SHROOM......

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: CrayzzieShroomz]
    #1349786 - 03/04/03 12:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The last time i tripped i could play a guitar inside of my head, it sounded incredibly real too, and then i thought to myself "If i was mentally insane, i would NEVER get bored!"

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1350667 - 03/04/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Me: Woah...! Who IS this...?

Someone else: You mean who's singing now? I think it's George...

Me: ...?huh? No; what band is this?

Someone else: (weird look)
The Beatles...
...Wait, you really couldn't tell?

Me: Nooo... It is? This is still the Beatles?!

Someone else: Um... Yeah, it's been the Beatles this whole time. (laughs)

Me: [mind implodes]

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: Xibalba]
    #1350677 - 03/04/03 07:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I get really quiet on shrooms. My trip over a month ago is a perfect example. There were about 5 of us shrooming, and only one preson shrooming I actually knew. I wasn't uncomfortable or anything, but I didn't feel like saying much and just enjoyed the trip. One of my friends thought I was having a bad trip because I was so quiet. But I wasn't. I was having the time of my life.

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: TRaNcE_TriPPeR]
    #1350707 - 03/04/03 07:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

shit on shrooms everything is just CRAZY!

i usually hear like a pattern rythmic beat of city urban sounds like cars and shit when im walking around, for some reason i hear like water drops alot, it sounds like im in a jungle

someitmes i get beats stuck in my head and they just play and play its like theres a fucking cd in my head

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1350990 - 03/04/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

One common thing on trips I get is I can hear the silence. It's like a distinct low hum, and once I had finished watching a movie and went to the toilet and the house was dead quiet. I could hear SOMETHING, and I was pressing my ear against the wall to see where it was coming from.
Also, when you're outside, and you can feel the wind on your face, it almost seems as if you can hear the wind going through your ears. Very hard to explain, but it's very intense and when it happens, you know you're tripping for sure! That's how I usually tell the acid has kicked in; when I can hear sort of weird wooshes and bizarre warped noises in my head. Ahhhh, it's a lovely feeling :smile: 

Offlinemushieangel
im his imaginaryfriend. no onecan see me buthim

Loc: somewhere fun, i hope
Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1351504 - 03/05/03 05:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i always hear all sorts of weird ass sounds when im tripping, or even just smoking pot

i smoke pot all the time, and i can never tell anything about noises-- if they actually exist, what they are, etc--  last night i smoked a LOT and then it took me about 15 minutes to turn on my stereo-- i could figure if it was on or not --(i had pink floyd the wall)
but typically, i will hear something and have no idea what the sound actaully is.

when i tripped and i was listening to shpongle (which i really like), there is this one song, and i swear to god it sounds like someone repeatedly throwing up in the background.  since i was nauseated anyway, i couldnt even handle it.  later i listened to it again (non-tripped) and now it still sounds like vomit.  oh well.

that is funny as hell about the beatles-- i know exactly what you mean, but it made me laugh  :grin:

--------------------

Edited by mushieangel (03/05/03 06:32 AM)

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1352915 - 03/05/03 04:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Also, when you're outside, and you can feel the wind on your face, it almost seems as if you can hear the wind going through your ears. Very hard to explain, but it's very intense and when it happens, you know you're tripping for sure! That's how I usually tell the acid has kicked in; when I can hear sort of weird wooshes and bizarre warped noises in my head. Ahhhh, it's a lovely feeling :smile: 

haha, that reminds me of when me and one of my friends were tripping on 5-meo-dipt and we were riding in a car. He rolled down the window and was tasting the wind, and described what it tasted like for about 5-10 miuntes.

About all the hearing music in your head.. whenever I goto sleep I can hear a song that i've listended to that day in my head, perfectly/note for note/word for word. Hasn't happended latley though, kinda weird...

Once after smoking alot of Northern Lights I could hear a banjo playing in my head, so I was playing the 'air banjo' and making the noises I heard in my head.

Edited by Crass (03/05/03 04:23 PM)

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #1352938 - 03/05/03 04:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A few months ago I took 6 dry grams of Psilocybe beocystis and the only thing i can say is WOW!!! It was a very amazing trip i have never felt anything like it before. The high started off kind of slow but after about an hour and a half i started to soar to my peak. Eventually i couldnt even control what i was doing the mushrooms had total control of my body. My friends would talk to me every once in a while but any time they said something to me i would just listen to it rumble inside of my head and I would sit there and just stare and them and couldnt even think about answering them I was in a completley different world. It was a very peaceful trip i felt like my whle body had melted into the couch i was sitting on and after a while I was totally delusional hearing and seeing things that weant there. I was actually holding conversations with people who wearnt there. IT was a great experience

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#1353255 - 03/05/03 07:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well its no secret that mushrooms intensifies all of your senses.. especially sight and SOUND!

What I really enjoy is when out camping... and you can connect with all of the earths sounds... almost hear the earth rumbling...humming.. talking... hear the trees whisper.... move and groan....
here the patters of the bugs and their frequencies they flap there little wings at 1000 flaps per second...
You can here all the creatures move and communicate. Important sounds we normally tune out.. but the mushrooms are so intense and open up our senses... they amplify our hearing by good 200% in my opinion.

Ever seen the shadow of the moon when it was not even lit up in the sky?  :smile:

--------------------
-Peace-
For all your legal mushroom spores and cultures visit  www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores since 1998

Offlinestaleyx
Fried en doBoom!
Loc: Near Atlanta
Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1353761 - 03/06/03 05:01 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Boiling Water? I dont know why. Evreything sounded like it was boiling. Happend only once though, anytime else evreythings all goobled gobbled scrambled up.

--------------------
huh?

OfflineCrayzzieShroomz
the MilkMAnne...

#1353821 - 03/06/03 05:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i heard pssss toooosh sounds. Like everything was breathing.....

--------------------
You live and You SHROOM......

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #1354508 - 03/06/03 10:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is a funny thread.  :tongue: 

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1355656 - 03/06/03 09:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

During my hardest trip, I heard a constant sound of crickets during the duration of the peak. Once the AC in my house came on, the walls flowed with the noise, and it had an echo effect.

I also noticed my voice had the same "reverb" (echo) effect to it. I was fascinated with the clicking noises I would make.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

OfflineDrBonG
JTO KREW

Re: Sounds when tripping ? [Re: Psilozero]
    #1361485 - 03/09/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

sounds are fuckin wierd on shrooms, turn on a tv when u a trippin hard.. tell me what u hear? can u understand it?.. lots of skippin' , fast words all mummbled togeather..crazy oh and don't even look at the tv! wanna watch a nice funny movie turned into a crazy horror show?

lol... tv fuckin sucks trippin... now sounds from outside are the shit... cars flyin by..planes in the air are all coool... but jus the sound of nature itself..

o and while im on a rant... do any of u c mushrooms when u trippin? damn alot of the times i c the same clusters of mushies.. like in the dark.. and like tonight lookin at the stars lookin 3d and the stars form an outlined of clusters of mushrooms... also c this freaky lookin tribal/indian guy, sittin indian style with tribal patterns and colors all around him... thats in total darkness ...love trippin in the dark... but sumtimes i jus gotta get up and turn on the light... cuz yes sum shit can freak me out.... with LSD its not liek this never seen faces/tribal men ...mushrooms are the wierdest drug i have ever taken...

i c alot of patterns when trippin on mushies but too much other shit i'd rather not c...lol fuck i cant even trip with other people... i do but... freakin blood drippin from there eyes ..lookin like vampires, warewolfs ...ect

alot of my friends love mushrooms and dont see all this evil/freaky shit..but not sayin its bad trips cuz i have a blast but it hink i'd rather lsd ..visual wise... love the body high on mushrooms wow...

lol sorry for rantin lol my first post here but im stoned as hell jus got thu comign down from trippin... still feelslike im trippin ..guess cuz i smoked couple bowls....and its 3:30 am and i cant get to sleep..........................

--------------------
Cemetery lady, my cemetery girl
Cemetery baby, I want you in my world
Cemetery woman, we can still be down
You're more than just a corpse to a psychopathic clown

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience