Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepicktheneat
Stranger
why wont they bruise
    #1334366 - 02/25/03 10:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hey i found about 6 different kinds of mushrooms in a forest and 4 different in a pasture.i had then in a paper bag for about two days and none of them bruised and im pretty sure that i found azurescens i hope cause i did eat them.but anyway how long does it take to bruise do different kinds take longer or what .help please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: why wont they bruise [Re: picktheneat]
    #1334517 - 02/25/03 10:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Holy fu*king SHEIET..

How long ago was this since you ATE them!?!

Man, Im sorry to say, but, you are not very smart to eat something that has was not properly ID'ed. Especially if they didn't bruise blue. Not to mention that bruising blue does NOT make them active.

Where do you live?

Azures will only grow in a very specific area, AND, they are most likely OUT of season!!!! You did not get an Azure, because it would have bruised in less than an hour at the longest.

If you have any sign of stomach pains, you really need to go to the Emergency Room ASAP. This is no joke. I really hope you are not joking...

Eating unidentified mushrooms from the wild are extremely dangerous. I hope to god you will be okay, but, that was very stupid of you to eat something that you had no idea what it was...

Please respond soon with some more information on the timeframe this was, and what you ate in more detail, and your climate/location....

Offlinepicktheneat
Stranger
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: angryshroom]
    #1335307 - 02/25/03 02:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

first i live in the san joaquin county of cali.the climate has been warm with a few rains about two a week.well i ate three of them not all of them only the ones that looked like azures ill get a pic tommarow.But no problems so far its been a week im healthy as a horse.i thought they were azures so i ate them.and to let you know they tasted not to good.i thought since the gills were purple it wasnt poison but im no pro.so thanks for the help.does anyone know of a mushroom like this?

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1335343 - 02/25/03 02:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i thought they were azures so i ate them.and to let you know they tasted not to good.i thought since the gills were purple it wasnt poison but im no pro

Quote:

But no problems so far its been a week im healthy as a horse

A week dont mean shit even if you don't die from complete liver failure you could have lasting effects..why whould you do that ? Do you have.. extra livers like falling out of your closet or what....THAT WAS NOT SMART.....

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (02/25/03 02:59 PM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1335379 - 02/25/03 03:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>i thought they were azures so i ate them.and to let you know they tasted not to good.i thought since the gills were purple it wasnt poison but im no pro.so thanks for the help.does anyone know of a mushroom like this?

That statement right there is enough to prove you should not be hunting mushrooms, period. Didn't your mother ever tell you that mushrooms were DEADLY POISONOUS? It's people like you that give all shroomers a bad name. Eating just some random mushroom just because it has "purple gills," WTF were you thinking?
Yes I'm being harsh, but it's absolutely necessary in this case.

You've got a lot to learn

Not only are azures long out of season, you don't even live in the right part of the country for azures, AND to top it off you weren't even looking in the right habitat for azures. They don't grow in the woods.

Do some research and don't ever hunt for mushrooms ever agian untill you've read at least 2 mushroom identification books.

What if the brown mushrooms you ate were Galerinas, what then?
You wouldn't be alive to tell us your tale of blatant stupidity and ignorance.

FFS people, THINK.

Edit: You ate them even AFTER WE TOLD YOU NOT TO in this thread

I'm begining to think this guy is one of those FF trolls. Not worth the time of day.

Edited by GumbyDude (02/25/03 03:14 PM)

Anonymous

#1335384 - 02/25/03 03:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1335406 - 02/25/03 03:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

But no problems so far its been a week im healthy as a horse

Oh.. and if its only been a week.. some toxic species take a week + ...You may want to see a doctor if you notice any yellowing..in your eyes or feel somewhat weak or dizzy....Or maybe you should just go to be safe.(And bring one of those extras that you got overflowing out of your closet with you ).

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (02/25/03 03:16 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1335690 - 02/25/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Bruising will occur within an hour on any mushroom, if it's going to bruise.

Purplish gills suggests Laccaria to me, which, fortunately for you, is a genus with no poisonous species.

Please study a bit more and get help identifying before you eat any more mushrooms you find. It might help to read the description I wrote of what you'd experience in an emergency room if you eat poisonous mushrooms here. Eating wild mushrooms can kill you, in a particularly nasty way.

Good luck in your future hunting.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1337744 - 02/26/03 11:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i can't believe you did that. you have to listen when that many mushroom hunters tell you not to eat something. we know, for the most part, what we're talking about, sepecialy the mods, it's thier job here.
you are one lucky sob, you know?
in the future, do not eat any mushroom untill you get a verry clear ok from an [hopefuly more than one] experienced hunter or preferably, a mycologist.
check your PMs.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinemycon00b
Stranger
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: canid]
    #1342340 - 02/28/03 06:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

JESUS!!! ok gents... you can live without major symptoms until around 90% of that liver is failing... You don't care about yourself that much?!?!? I worry soo hard about poisening that I take all my mushies from the wild that I an 90% on what they are, make a dried sample and weigh it proportionatly for a guinnea pig (I have a lil farm of em" and then use a needleless syringe to dose the animal and observe for a week or more, watching fluid intake, body weight and behavior. Fuck all that dieing shit, I got too much left to do...

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: mycon00b]
    #1342638 - 02/28/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You should then be aware that there are some toxins which will have no effect on your guinea pig which will be very unpleasant for you. And there are mushrooms which will make your guinea pig sick which would have no effect on you. Many mushroom poisons are destroyed by heat, so cooking makes many otherwise poisonous mushrooms edible (morels are an abvious example).

Just so you know that using (fill in animal type) to test mushrooms for edibility is not an infallible method. Unless animal type happens to be human (we'll assume you don't have human guinea pigs).

Accurate identification is the only known infallible method.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1343322 - 02/28/03 02:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

glad TM pionted that out.
a good example is rabbits, wich can eat belledona without trouble, but there have been reports of people in france eating these rabbits and becoming intoxicated or dying.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1343426 - 02/28/03 03:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You should not pass goal and go directly to jail for the abuse of a harmless little animal. Namely a guinea pig.

Giving your drugs to animals is disgusting and not cool.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hitler use to use humans to give drugs to and the US army gave LSD to soldiers unexpectedly and they jumped out windows.

How would you like it if someone slipped you a GHB dose and raped your ass. Well thats what it feels like to a harmless little innocent guinea pig who has no comprehension of what you are doing to him.

This is cruel and not welcomed here. There are animal activists here at the Shroomery and they would not take ,itely to your comments of giveing the pig a syringe dose.

(Putting into his food would be bad enough, but no, you take and make a mushroom extract, and then fill your syringe with all kinds of bacteria from the mushrooms and then inject them.

Get a life.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (02/28/03 04:00 PM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1343444 - 02/28/03 04:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>Giving your drugs to animals is disgusting and not cool.

Tell the pharmaceutical industry that.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: Gumby]
    #1343598 - 02/28/03 05:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tell the pharmaceutical industry that.

oh no, it's ok for i[]them to do it, just ask them... heh...

i too find it wrong to justify killing something by claiming it's not sentient.
all animals [and possibley non-animals] are sentient, they lack only the cognisence(sp?) and compatible articulation to tell us so [subjective oppinion] and unless any of you are telepaths you can't prove otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1345290 - 03/01/03 03:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, Ur a sick sick fuck man, Poor innocent Guinea Pigs. I would experiment on myself before i would on a innocent animal, Maybe if the animal bit ur nuts off it would be a Slight be justified but that is disgusting, if u want to make a Absolute perfect ID of something, Get a microscope and do it yourself.

You make me sick.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1346070 - 03/02/03 02:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Very Good Response Concretefeet,
Quote:

i too find it wrong to justify killing something by claiming it's not sentient.
all animals [and possibley non-animals] are sentient, they lack only the cognisence(sp?) and compatible articulation to tell us so [subjective oppinion] and unless any of you are telepaths you can't prove otherwise[/quote}

mj

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1346490 - 03/02/03 09:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea screw useing Guinea pigs just use hobos

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinemycon00b
Stranger
Re: why wont they bruise [Re: Dobie]
    #1346795 - 03/02/03 11:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hmmm ok then, im getting very flamed here.... lets think about a few things i left out... first off the animal has a liking for edibles, and enjoys many types of fruits vegitables, grains and roots. Next, you make it sound bad about the syringe technique. the animal is not forced to drink the slurry, it just does so because its a liquid. It is never harmed or bruised, or mishandled. There are specific tools and procedures to orally administer a drug solution to an animal correctly. This animal also will eat fruitbodies if left in the cage with the food, the reason for the extract is that the extracts are a standardized way of administration. Lastly, while under the influence, this animal exibits specific traits and character changes - as I'm sure you or I do also. VERY VERY lastly, the animal costed 12 bucks, and has been with us for 3 years - a new liver is expensive and antirejection drugs are forever.

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1346833 - 03/02/03 11:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So that makes it justified that you can play the role of god to choose wat he gets to eat and drink. No that is total bullshit to think that you can give whatever you want to this animal who you bought for 12 bucks and see if he is acting wierd or is poisoned, no animal deserves this, Its better that you lose a liver than that animal die. The idiocy that is in this world that we can do watever we want to beings a little less evolved than is it tottally repulsive.

Man. Leave the guinea pig alone. How would u like it if you were fed a unknown substances to figure out if it was poisonous. Wat if you were fed Arsenic to find out if it was poisonous.

Edited by FocusHawaii (03/02/03 11:59 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract