Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
bought a few jewels today (pic)
    #1340843 - 02/27/03 01:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

went into the masonic lodge today, the lower floor has two stores, one a pawn shop, the other a retro fasion boutique.
i bought a masonic ring int he pawn shop about a year ago.
i went into the boutique and asked to see any cufflinks or pins. i found two masonic pins, i asked if she had anything else like that and she pulled out an old dusty box and in it was this really cool jewel, i think its knights templar, but i really have no idea, anyone here have an idea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1340921 - 02/27/03 01:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If possible to lighten the shot from your end, and I might be able to cross-reference it with an illustrated book of Masonic jewels in my library. Interesting that you're a Freemason - my great-uncle was a Mason for over 70 years, and my father has been one for 50+

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1340934 - 02/27/03 01:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

im not a freemason at this particular point in time you meet me now in :smile:

Offlineuno
enthusiast

#1340962 - 02/27/03 01:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Do you get free cans of soda and out of parking tickets with those things?

--------------------
- uno

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: uno]
    #1341017 - 02/27/03 02:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

heres a brighter close-up

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1342168 - 02/28/03 05:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

diidya kind it?

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: uno]
    #1342240 - 02/28/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

haw i remb that simpsons

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1342715 - 02/28/03 10:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, it wasn't in 'Masonic Emblems & Jewels: Treasures at Freemasons' Hall London,' 1917.

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #1342809 - 02/28/03 10:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What is so particularly special about those pins? I've always heard stories about the Freemasons and Illuminati and stuff.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: bert]
    #1342846 - 02/28/03 11:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well, most masonic jewlery you see on freemasons in public
is just, "LOOK IM A MASON" stuff.
this one here rather is either a jewel or medal worn on the masons outfit in ceremony and holds more symbolic relivace towards masonic ritual.

now its interesting as i looked for simmilar jewels  i found one on e-bay and discovered this peice.

which was suggested to be masonic.
it has crossing keys under a skull which i would say denotes secrecy unto death.
or death for not keeping secrets..
the auctioner said one eye was missing but it was an otherwise intact peice.
but since my peice has a single right ruby eye.... i tend to think that this is an intentional idiosyncrasy
perhaps it represents somethng. :smile: PLUS it says ONE across the head. one what? one degree? one god? one eye?
i think the one eye is intentional, unless someone could find a two-eyed jewel

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1342873 - 02/28/03 11:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oohhh, creepy stuff. I wonder how you get to join the freemasons. Can you just go and fill out an application, sacrifice your first born son, and boom you're in? You should build up a big collection of masonic jewels and such. That'd be one of the cooler hobbies I've heard of.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: bert]
    #1343034 - 02/28/03 12:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you apply to a friend who is a mason or at the lodge.
first you require the balls to do so...
you have to beleive in a single all-powerful diety (the definition of what that is is up to you) but you are expected to at least practice in some way the rituals of your beleif.
you must be well known as a man, over 21 with good moral character, a charitable disposition, and respect for your fellow man.
after your petition has been reveiwed you will have a visit from 3 masons who will talk with you and answer your questions.
if all goes well you will be guided by a mason untill youre ready to be initiated for your first of 3 degrees.
after these 3 degrees you can choose the scotish or york rite.
for centuries these rites were in direct competition untill brought together by a master of BOTH and also head of the eastern canada masonic jurisdiction. Alexander Keith.
yes, the beer guy. he was also mayor of halifax 3 times. and had an underground passage from his residance to the brewery that still goes under halifax, tho ive only seen pictures.

why? do you think you have the qualifications to be a part of this?

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1343263 - 02/28/03 02:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I'm not well known as anything yet. And I'm only 19. I guess I'll use the next couple years to hone my masoning skills. Maybe I'll apply, it sounds pretty interesting. Are you going to apply? Perhaps we can start our own Mushroom Sect of the Masonic Guild. Now that would be cool.

--------------------

Edited by bert (02/28/03 02:35 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1343326 - 02/28/03 03:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Have you seen the movie 'From Hell?' Fascinating account of Jack the Ripper, Queen Victoria, and Freemasonry. I'll say no more except "see it."

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1343355 - 02/28/03 03:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Crossed keys usually indicate Lodge treasurer. A death's head is usually indicative of threat in most circumstances (exepting the Grateful Dead of course).

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1343661 - 02/28/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

any significance in the skull having a single right ruby eye there mark?

and as for the movie "from hell"  hmmm, i hope you dont take that popular hollywood representation of antiquated freemasonry as something remotely close to fact.
the same goes for the jack the ripper theory.
the idea that a master mason can control his bretherin as such as he conducts ritual killingsin a delusional quest for light is laughable and written by one of those paranoid anti-masons who wrote things like the "freemasonry watch."

http://freemasonwatch.freepress-freespeech.com/

people who look at the way it has founded our society that we leach off of in our avarice (as though prooving the original sin philosophy) seeing it as though it is the SOURCE of wickedness and the walls and foundation that continually leads to the destruction of man.
or a following of lucifer.
are psychotic.
obsessed people who fabricate stories and call it truth and add some creepy music and images superimposed over the devil.
maybe by christian standards it is occult.
and paranoid people who fear things, as they fear themselves, ought to avoid it because it will represent the ownership of your own sins and therefore hell to someone who beleives that their sins belong to jesus christ thus negating their responsibility of wrongdoing....
mane masons even beleive in conventional religon. in many ways it is a prerequesit.
i however do not beleive in the jurisdiction of jesus christ over the souls of the imperfect masses.
i beleive that to be candy for self-realizing sweet-craving self-fearing lazy folk who are incapable for atoning for their own "sins" and beleive atonement is incapable of providing peace and therefore shouldnt, and more importanly NEEDENT be pursueud.

or maybe im horribly horribly wrong and induction into freemasonry will result in a soul-selling oath, the devils work, and eternal hellfire.

i find these religous paradigms however completely illogical from a standpont of one who sees the construct of the universe as a single entity existing as evrything and one thing all at the same time.
and i can PROVE it. even to another person who beleives in something different.
ive had a morman elder on the bus throw the holy ghost at me because he got scared and panicked that i MIGHT be lucifer, to actually PROOVE in words that he could understand where exactly he was and the nature of the life he was pursuing. :smile:
you can tell when a morman tries to purge you of lucifer, they shake your hand, squint their eyes, trying not to look in yours. and spasm like they got a cold chill :smile:
they beleive they are healig you and that the "gift of the holy ghost" gives them this ability AND responsibility.

mark, have you ever known the masons in your family to be dishonest or even influenced by "lucfer" in any way more prominant that evry single human being CLEARLY has lucifer-like temptation and indulgencies in them?

freemasonry is an easy target for paranoia. because quite frankly its all around you, hidden in the construction of buildngs, the patterns in monuments, the street layouts of towns, the imagery in company logos, EVRYWHERE you look.
it takes some practice to SEE it, then once you do you connect it to other things and see MORE of it.
and spome people find this VERY frightening. the same people that try mushrooms, have a bad trip, then run STRAIGHT to church and pray their guts out.

read up on freemasonry why dont you? its far easier to find and research than popular media would have you beleive.

personally i find (SERIOUS) christians far more frightening (on a psychological level) than even the demonic MYTHS of freemasonry. which ironically enough is open to any christian, jew, muslim, or anyother single-god worshiping man who beleives in truth, charity, brotherhood, etc.
its a sincerely benevolent fraternity that many people see and then, by comparison see the evil in themselves.
as it should be.
for they arent fit to be made masons.

im quite certain much of the symbolism you see in masonry can also be found (for the most part) on headstones from colonial times to pre 19th century, and can be easily researched for meaning.

remember that fear is a negative scource, always has been and always will be, it will always lead to destruction and shame.
what do you /we fear?
how do we personify our fear?
how do we personify our salvation?
wouldnt it be logical to rather personify ourselves?
to make god a separate entity, is to separate yourself from god.
sheesh :smile:

OfflineAli
Evil Retard

Loc: Zeta Reticuli
    #1344302 - 03/01/03 03:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My father is a Mason. He has been since I was like 8 or 9 years old. I have been on camping trips with all of them . They held this one really big week long trip once in the hills of San Diego. I think that the history of them may be mysterious, like how they actually came about. But as for still being mysterious. Uh...NO. They are just like a fraternity for 35+ men. All they did was goofy little traditions and drink and eat. They drank more Budweiser then I have ever seen anyone drink since and now I am 26. I just think like I said already, they are a Frat. Something to belong too to make you feel comfortable about yourself. As for the histroy I do agree there are some weird things going on way back, but my father isn't deep enough spiritually to do any of it.
Just my humble opininion.

--------------------
I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. YAYYYYYYY!! Now you go!!!!!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: bought a few jewels today (pic) [Re: Ali]
    #1344484 - 03/01/03 06:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you know Ali, the aspect you described, the fraternal social group, DOES exist, but is NOT in accordance to what is SUPPOSED to be taking place.
freemasonry is supposed to have a very deep and spiritual meaning for masons.
as for the social scene, thats why they have the shriners :smile:
the shriners is more of a masonc social group. also a little less clandestine about their charity and public face.
thogh, on a camping trip, a dad is a dad, and his buddies are his buddies. they drink beer, fish, play horseshoes, and shoot the shit.
this mysterious past you refer too is very much alive, it is the POINT of masonry, it is ENCOURAGED that masons acheive these deeper understandings of masonic knowlage (dayly)
and i cant immagine what kinda ignorance youed have to exhibit to be party to such traditional allegorical dramas and NOT fnd meaning. im certain the doctrinal aspect of freemasonry means something to your dad, if not then perhaps he should become a lion, kiwani, or a rotarian :smile:
(i only say that because i know he doesnt know who i am. heh heh :smile:)

but then maybe such zeal is like a cub-scout getting religous after all :smile:

i mean look at ty cobb, he was a mason and was as ignorant as you can possibly immagine. he assulted innumerable black people and even killed one.

i beleive paul bernardo was a mason too. i cant see how a serial rapist/muerderer would beleive in philanthropic virtues.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1344608 - 03/01/03 07:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not anti-Mason, or an Illuminati-conspiracy freak. I have, however, read about the 'Lord of this world,' being Lucifer in Albert Pike's classic work on Masonry (what is that title, Morals & Dogma, or something?) I also didn't think that there was anything antiquated about Masonic ritual from 1888, aside from stovepipe hats perhaps. I was taken to my Father's Lodge when I was 7, I think to be exposed to a film on the Jacques de Molay Order. Interestingly, I became interested in matters occult and esoteric some 11 years later, and the Knights Templar years beyond that. C.W. Leadbeater's work on esoteric Masonry (e.g., the Cadeusus of Hermes-Mercury being the Hindu Yogic Ida-Sushumna-Pingala) went way beyond anything my outer-directed Father ever knew about.

The ritual binding and hoodwinking within a circle has parallels within Wiccan, Neopagan practices that are often linked to Devilry by Christians, and Catholics are forbidden from becoming Masons. Oathtaking itself is forbidden in the Bible, and there is a preponderence of Jewish Masons and Masons in Law. Charlie Manson used to flash Masonic hand signals to lawyers and judges alike during his trial. I used to blow my Father's mind by giving handgrips, wage-receiving gestures and other signals as well. It only required a copy of Duncan's Ritual - no top secrets. The mythos of Hiram Abiff constitutes a religious mythos, spun-off from OT lore, and thus becomes suspect among Christian circles. The acceptance of ANY belief in an Absolute, not just the God of the Bible or Masonry's Grand Geometer of the Universe, is also suspect. It is easy to see why people develop suspicions and prejudices. I am not a Mason, though I have a good deal more info than most people, including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Degree Masons. I have also spoken to Blacks about the 'illicit' Prince Albert Black Lodges - apart from the Scottish and York Rites. I am just trying to seeit all, like The Eye in the Triangle.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1344672 - 03/01/03 09:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i never suggested YOU were anti-mason mark. actually i was thinking we might see eye-to-eye :smile: you know, on the level :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies