Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleThe Whale

Loc: Flag
Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: catalyst]
    #13425934 - 11/02/10 11:42 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

There are "more important" things than legalizing.

For instance, people hate the name Rhode Island apparently.

Democracy in action. Yay.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: a2theDawG]
    #13426427 - 11/03/10 01:02 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

catalyst said:
It is my conviction that psychedelics are not here to be consumed by the masses. While I wish that a majority of the general population could arrive at the same understandings that the psychedelic experience has allowed me to have, I think it is ultimately idealistic.

Realistically speaking, though, I suppose the illegality of these substances only increases their desirability. It's a double-edged sword, I guess, and a touchy subject. But, regarding the original question, I just don't see how society could ever accept psychedelic use in my lifetime. In the mean time, I will keep my mouth shut and continue my journeys :tripping:

I mostly agree, but the illegality was never a factor for me personally, I loved LSD before I even got close to trying it for the first time. With some things in life you can just tell that this new found object is going to be apart of forever.

Acid should never be sold in grocery stores to the masses, but imagine a world where you could go to a "doctor" more like a new age shaman, and sit in a chilled room filled with pillows and nice beds, art supplies, basically complete comfort for any tripper.
You'd have to be over 18+ of course, maybe even 21+ years old.

There you could consume a safe (and accurately measured) dose of Pure LSD with a trained professional in a good setting.
The doctor could charge a premium price for the experience and his time, and you would have the knowledge that you have gotten 100% pure LSD as it's supposed to be, and walk away with a life changing experience that will most likely change your life and your view on the world for the better.

Quote:

Hip50Flip said:
LEGALIZATION *gasp*
My God man think of the implications...robotic prep justin timberlake lookin motherfuckers suffering ego death. It would bring about the collapse of our grand social hierarchy !

Oh god how I would love that. Record sales would plummet.
Just feed it to the source I say, dose JT and the rest of the backstreet boys up with 1200 ug each. :thumbup:

Quote:

a2theDawG said:
no and if you think so you're not being realistic/ you're stupid

Why? you can't tell where we will be as a people and a society in 100 years, or in a 100,000 years.

Ancient people accepted similar substances in everyday life, or in weekly rituals, we are unluckily just part of the generation that has banned everything that is deemed to dangerous for not only ones own mental state and physical body, but too dangerous for the deep rooted ideals and values which at this time common society and the government tries so hard to install in us.

--------------------

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
 User Gallery
Loc: Middle of Nowhere, Wiscon...
Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: Austrip]
    #13426627 - 11/03/10 01:42 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Society is ready for almost any change that gives liberty, the social establishment is not. If TPTB legalized the drugs, these same people would also have to tell society "we are sorry for what we done, we were wrong" Heads would roll...

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

Invisible5-HT2A

Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: Eywa_devotee]
    #13426667 - 11/03/10 01:50 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Society is not ready now but will most likely be some day. Used correctly, the benefits of using or at least studying psychedelics are too large to ignore. Our own self interest will lead us to embrace them in the end.

I think the basic thing holding us back is the fact that we are still so barbaric. The amount of change that the psychedelic experience tends to create a demand for is quite large and people who haven't seen the light react very badly. Same as the 60's.

The psychedelic experience compels us to change our values, it becomes almost unavoidable. That threatens our economic stability because it is mostly based on people who buy things that don't really matter, even to the buyer. Psychedelics interrupt the tendency to return to such behaviors.

The biggest reason that it won't happen is because America is still owned. The people are not in the pilot's seat, they merely tour the cockpit on a continuing basis. Unless this ends, people won't be ready to change, to evolve because we will still be divided barbarians.

InvisibleAchuma
Aluminium Fedora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smegmaguay
Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #13426968 - 11/03/10 03:10 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

My thoughts are convoluted on this matter.  It seems to me that we would ideally legalize all drugs.  Remember, the first attempt to make a drug illegal in the United States required a constitutional amendment, then another amendment to reverse the first one.  It is clearly not within the liberty-seeking intentions of the "founding fathers" to control what types of medicine an individual may or may not put in his/her body.  I'm not saying that all drugs are good, but it is not cool that so many people out there in the world think it is the government's job to control what we consume, whether it alters the mind or the physiology or is just plain deadly poisonous.  If it were really a matter of looking out for the health of the population, you would think that Amanita Phalloides would be a schedule 1 substance.  Clearly, the motivation behind making psychedelics illegal is to control modes of thinking, and to be able to imprison people who think for themselves as psychedelic use tends to promote in the individual.  I don't think that any amount of society being ready for full legalization will make it happen until the government is ready to relinquish thought control, and the nature of government is NOT to RELINQUISH control, but to hoard it.

In fact...I think it would be interesting to start the campaign to illegalize deadly mushrooms, using the arguments put forth by health-oriented prohibitionists.

--------------------
Achuma's Psilocybe Extraction Pictorial

Pictured: crystalline extract derived from Psilocybe Cubensis.  See link for detailed instructions, as well as a lengthy discussion on the properties of light.

OfflineOpenQwerty
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: Austrip]
    #13427251 - 11/03/10 05:21 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Personally I doubt that a society based on exploitation of people and nature can be preserved if a large proportion of the population, for a period of time long enough, experiment with new models of thought as those brought by the experience  of certain psychedelics......In the 60's when this happened -at least in part -  the society was shaken by deep "wind of change" ....Sure, there may be temporary exceptions, such as Netherlands..... However, every society has changed (sometimes even advancing) with the passage of time, and I guess  it will continue to do so in the future...No one can predict how and when the society will change....But it will....It is even possible to imagine a future (I do not know how likely) where the legalization of certain substances is made possible (paradoxically!) by the absolute blindness of the society as a whole to the people's thoughts.....A bit of what happened in any dictatorship, but with the addition of technological progress...

This is just my opinion.....

OfflineBruce6000
DaGoodDaBombDaBuddha

Re: Is society ready for total legalization of certain psychedelics? [Re: OpenQwerty]
    #13428077 - 11/03/10 12:16 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

If you ask people, "Don't you think the government has overstepped their mark in terms of its reach into one's personal life and its desire to shape everything that we do and everything that we can't do?" Most people just look at you as if you've come from another planet and don't really understand what you're saying.

That's a good indication that people are just soaking up Government Language (abstract language). Ephemeral language comes and goes but its supposed to be describing something that is real, something that is tangible. And what is real and tangible about what happens with the government is that there's always a gun in the room. There's always somebody pointing a gun at someone, that is draped over with language and patriotism and propaganda and all other kinds of government nonsense to get you to accept it as a pragmatic reality.

You can't win against abstract, nonsensical, sentimentality. (i.e. no child left behind, IRS, social security, collateral damage, national debt, law enforcement, social reform, sobriety checkpoints...

THE WAR ON DRUGS!)

In other words, as long as the masses accept as a pragmatic reality the abstract language that comes down from government and through mainstream media, drugs will never be legalized.

--------------------
Nothing can enslave you other than your unguided attention

Edited by Bruce6000 (11/03/10 12:22 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience