Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimal Call
Earth Mage
I'm a teapot

Loc: Here until here
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: Teva]
    #15680113 - 01/17/12 07:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome! :shroomeryhead:

:peace:

--------------------
New Cultivator's Guide
Time to fruit? Pinning Strategy and Troubleshooting
My Trade Thread (Fungus, Plants, Herbal Medicine)

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: MESCALATO]
    #15680335 - 01/17/12 08:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MESCALATO said:
just wondering has anyone tried this with morel stem butts or spores?

if i could ever find some bloody morels id try!!!

happy bday btw. :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #15680345 - 01/17/12 08:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i always spray back my morel wash water

never noticed explosive growth but have seen continued fruiting in these areas

just think

waste a hundred million spores - or give em ALL a chance to thrive

--------------------
http://

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: sporeRider]
    #15680932 - 01/17/12 10:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
Quote:

MESCALATO said:
just wondering has anyone tried this with morel stem butts or spores?

if i could ever find some bloody morels id try!!!

happy bday btw. :smile:

thanks for the :happybday: man :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i wish you luck in search of the morel!

im going to give the stem butt cardboard trick a try with them if i am lucky enough to find some this year. i always cut morels from the ground as to not disturb the mycelium but ill risk it this year just too see if i can get lucky.

should be about 2 months before they start to fruit here. first ones from last year were on march 19th.

Quote:

wiscokid said:
i always spray back my morel wash water

never noticed explosive growth but have seen continued fruiting in these areas

just think

waste a hundred million spores - or give em ALL a chance to thrive

i always dumped the water i used to rinse morels with around a hickory tree in my yard, but have recently moved so i have to start over wishing that that will work.

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
 User Gallery

Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: MESCALATO]
    #15704418 - 01/22/12 09:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

here are azie stembutts on egg carton transfering to woodchips/happy frog soil------- one week after the first mix

one wk later ...........

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
 User Gallery

#15704527 - 01/22/12 09:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

here are some psil cyan jars one wk after being expanded
can't wait till next fall:leafromp:

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
    #15704610 - 01/22/12 10:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:thaaannks: Looking good wisco. Each one of those jars should be able to make about 2-3 decent sized patches. I hope everything shows ya the love this fall:bliss:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Offlinemarkalbob
Stranger....than most
Male User Gallery
Loc: Madison, WI
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: German Kahuna]
    #15742058 - 01/31/12 10:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
In short - Yes.

So in short, what I'd do if I wanted to spread the love ghetto style, is to make cardboard culture and then scrape the mycelium off the cardboard and into a spray bottle or super soaker.

I would do this, and stick the cardboard, or some oven-pasteurized wood chips, as opposed to LC.  You can't cover as much area, but myc on a substrate is harder to kill than LC drying on the surface, too.

Failing that, i'd take a couple cups at a time and dump a cup or so in each spot in several spots of the chips, then cover, so you should have myc or spores trickling down to the damp lower levels of the chip bed.

--------------------
Trade list Updated

Haves:  Shiitake West Wind and Snow Cap, Blue and pearl oyster, store-cloned brown beech mushroom, Field and Forest Maitake, Nameko, 2 wild-cloned shaggymane cultures, H. erniaceus and americanum, and SRA.

Wants:  Blewitt, stone-producer print
PM if you'd like to swap

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: markalbob]
    #15742188 - 01/31/12 10:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, a bit of good clean spawn is optimal to use for patch making, but spraying a good liquid culture does work very well, and I can vouch for that. If your LC is concentrated enough, visible mycelium growth can be seen within a few weeks of spraying (and not just on the surface). LC can also be injected straight into the substrate you are trying to inoculate, such as a flower bed or area of wood mulch. But like you said, spawn will always be a bit better than spraying LC. But I'll say right now that I can produce gallons of clean culture within a week or two, and making that much spawn in that amount of time takes a lot of work and resources. Both ways have their up side, and of course the down. You just simply have to weigh out the differences and decide for yourself what to do.

This is just after two weeks. One jar this size will be enough to cover a few acres of chips when mixed with water and sprayed.

Start:

Finish:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Edited by NeoSporen (01/31/12 11:58 PM)

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: NeoSporen]
    #15743854 - 01/31/12 05:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i am ready for some mass inoculations!! cant wait for march!! :evil:

--------------------

Offlinedip
Stranger
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #15756760 - 02/03/12 04:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How long can spore syringes sit before use, before they are no longer viable?

Thanks in advance..........dip

OfflineTeva
Stranger
Male

#15767368 - 02/06/12 07:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hi bfogg

your jars look amazing !!! have to have jars looking like this ! :smile:

was wondering  , what did you start the jars with ,spores or mycelium ?

i am asking this because i have only mycelium (Ps Cyan) and would like to get results like you ...

Keep on the great work

Teva

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#15767710 - 02/06/12 09:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dip said:
How long can spore syringes sit before use, before they are no longer viable?

Thanks in advance..........dip

If you store them in a good place that is cold, I would imagine you can store them for years.

Quote:

Teva said:
Hi bfogg

your jars look amazing !!! have to have jars looking like this ! :smile:

was wondering  , what did you start the jars with ,spores or mycelium ?

i am asking this because i have only mycelium (Ps Cyan) and would like to get results like you ...

Keep on the great work

Teva

All of the cultures I work with are started with spores germinating on agar plates. After they have been transferred till clean, a small chunk is added into the jar and left to grow out. Sometimes I will use agar to inoculate grains, then make a grain LC to ensure it's clean.

The culture shown is a new jar, but the original is well over a year old. Just kept taking syringes and making new jars.

--------------------

Edited by NeoSporen (02/06/12 09:51 AM)

OfflineTeva
Stranger
Male

#15767983 - 02/06/12 11:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

All of the cultures I work with are started with spores germinating on agar plates. After they have been transferred till clean, a small chunk is added into the jar and left to grow out. Sometimes I will use agar to inoculate grains, then make a grain LC to ensure it's clean.

The culture shown is a new jar, but the original is well over a year old. Just kept taking syringes and making new jars.

Thanks bfogg , good to know .

I did try making some ghetto tek lc ,taking some wood chips with mycelium (ps Cyan)on them  , put them in a water bottle (spring water)and shook it like crazy for a few minutes , then poured the water (250ml)with mycelium to a jar and added a teaspoon of honey(that i heated up with a bit of water before hand).

my first try was going good , but the second one doesn't look like its developing that quick...

Will try to make a new lc  , any suggestions from you guys would be greate ... :smile:

Offlinedip
Stranger
    #15769135 - 02/06/12 04:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks bfogg.  By cold, are we talking refrigerator?

dip

Invisiblemandrax360
Woodchipper Deluxe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nelson Mandela House, Peckham Flag
Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: dip]
    #16384782 - 06/15/12 10:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dip said:

dip

:takingnotes:

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: mandrax360]
    #16394925 - 06/17/12 12:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mandrax360 said:
Quote:

dip said:

dip

:takingnotes:

:yesnod: bout 35°F-40°F. You can go lower, but not sure how long things will last once they drop below freezing. I've kept cultures at room temp in my closet for almost a year without any negative results, so it's all case specific. Keeping them in a cold environment will help them last almost indefinitely.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #16406918 - 06/20/12 12:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Teva or Bfogg said:

Ok, so I had a question about this. So hypothetical, if you put a slice of non-clean agar onto grain, will it not grow and make a grain LC?

Its my assumption that a non-clean mycelium cannot colonize grains but can make an LC in a honey solution, for example. Is this correct?

Thanks
- LC

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: A few notes on spraying spores to start patches [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #16407216 - 06/20/12 01:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No. A contaminated culture or agar wedge, or even a wild print will make a contaminated anything when added. It must be free of bacteria, mold, yeast, or anything else before trying to make anything, including honey cultures. You might get some mycelium growth, but in the end, it's dump time.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #16407270 - 06/20/12 01:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, I see. By "clean LC", you meant its clean of infections (bacteria, mold, etc). I thought you meant it had clean genetics, as if you "cleaned" up the genetics of the spores were a better, stronger strain. So thats what the agar work is for, got it.

Ok, it makes sense now.

Thanks for the clarity
- LC

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale