Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
media Mc Carthyism
    #1342019 - 02/28/03 05:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

from LAIndymedia:

This graphic is inspired by the recent attempts to have activist actor David Clennon fired for expressing his opinions about pResident George Bush. On a WABC radio program, Clennon likened Bush to Hitler and criticized the show he stars in stating, "I'm disappointed that our show(The Agency) has turned into a propaganda for the George Bush White House." As a result, the conservative host of that program, Sean Hannity, teamed up with Fox News, where he also works, to have Clennon fired.

www.vote.com conducts online voting on various controversies of our time and sends the results to the relevent people. They have started the voting process on whether Clennon should be fired for his comments and they will send the 'recomendation' to CBS when voting is completed. At the time of this writing it is 52% yes and 48% no in answer to the question of firing Clennon. The Los Angeles chapter of Refuse and Resist are asking people to vote "NO"and send a message to CBS that people shouldn't be fired for their political opinions. Especially when there is some substance to those opinions. David Clennon lended his support and spoke out at both of the massive Feb 15 and Jan 11 anti war demonstations in Los Angeles. Closing the gap or even changing that vote to a yes may save his job and send a message to the mainstream media that freedom of speech is still alive and well even if public ownership of the airwaves isnt.

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: media Mc Carthyism [Re: ruskifile]
    #1342270 - 02/28/03 08:20 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Judging by the results of this and past polls on vote.com, the mainstream US population is very far to the right. And i dont believe that the reason is as simple as blame-the-media either. As distasteful as i may find it personally, this is nonetheless the majority consensus that will ultimately determine policy; and in a democracy this view must be accepted on good faith as well-informed. Remember, anyone can log on to the internet as both we and the vote.com crowd have.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: media Mc Carthyism [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1342286 - 02/28/03 08:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Think about the majority of people connected to the internet in America. People who can afford to pay the monthly bills and still have enought to cover all the expences associated with Internet access (computer, isp). And even of those, think of the types of people who would look up things of a political nature. Hopefully, you have come to find that our little group is not made up of mostly conservative-middle aged mid-to-high income white people. That kinda explains the poll results.

--------------------

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: media Mc Carthyism [Re: ruskifile]
    #1342422 - 02/28/03 09:31 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

52% yes!!!

That's pretty bad, man.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: media Mc Carthyism [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1342583 - 02/28/03 10:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, the polls were very sided ...80% were offended by France opposing us?? Wow, I am amazed. I am wondering who set this site up and where they advertise.

...Ok, it says who is behind it, and amazingly enough they are selling a book. I should go find it and see what it's about.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Edited by ClosetCase (02/28/03 10:55 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion