Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Outdoor Planter
    #1336919 - 02/26/03 05:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

SWIM is considering an outdoor project soon with the hope of getting fruits in Autumn. He has the idea that he could use a planter or a large plant-pot, maybe even a window-box :wink: as his patch.

He doesn't see anything which could prevent this from working apart from possible drainage issues. What would be your advice regarding drainage? Are there any other known/possible issues with using containers outdoors?

Thanks

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Outdoor Planter [Re: Jackal]
    #1337008 - 02/26/03 06:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i'm going to be trying the same, i'm going to fill a few window boxes with straw and try to spawn them with S. Rugosoannulata, H. Ulmarius, and maybe another oyster strain.

I don't see why it wouldn't.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Outdoor Planter [Re: Raadt]
    #1337895 - 02/26/03 12:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

im gonna get one of those big clay strwberry plant pots, you know the ones with the big opening at the top, then liberaly spaced holes throughout the body of the clay pot, im gonna layer in the same fasion moe does in his outdoor tek, except im going to mic the spawn and poop, for i think it will call for faster colonization and shit, then ima set it in a shady spot and see what happens, if i get all kinds of fruits coming from all the holes and out the top that will make for a bad ass picture, anyways thats my outdoor container idea

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinefla
hillbilly
Loc: waaay down south
Re: Outdoor Planter [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1338088 - 02/26/03 01:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thatll be cool if they do pop out the holes, im transplanting my current outdoor patch to a pot because stupid me put it right under the roofline so the water runs off the roof and bombs the hell outta the myc.  :blush:  ....no wonder flushes are so few and far between 

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1338095 - 02/26/03 01:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i had this dream where i took a 55 gallon plastic drum and cut off the top. this turned over and set on the ground made a bowl that is aboyt 1.5' deep. i dreamed that i tossed poo and straw in it and spent trays of poo/straw/wbs of various strains. oh, i forgot (you know hoe dreams are) i drilled a whole bunch of .5" holes in the "bottom" for drainage. i dreamt that i kept a fairly regular eye on this and kept it watered and kept it from getting flooded during rains. when i woke up I wondered if this would really work. what do you guys think?

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Outdoor Planter [Re: debianlinux]
    #1338253 - 02/26/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

uh yeah ittl work, moe did a flower pot like that and it worked, you just gotta great big huge giant flower pot

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Outdoor Planter [Re: fla]
    #1338263 - 02/26/03 02:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i really see no reason why they wouldnt, or why my idead wouldnt work 100% people do flower pots all the time, i bet if you cased somthin in a plastic flower pot, and drilled like 2 inch holes in the side of the pot below the substrate line, you would get fruits coming out of those holes sideways, like a pf cake, my idea will work, i just gotta wait till spring when the temps get above 60, ill post pics, oh yeah i have no digi cam, will i go to jail for having pictures of a huge strawberry pot fruiting a few dozen cubes developed???? if i wont, then ill post pics, if not yull guys have to take my word for it

--------------------

InvisibleHongosmeester
old sourdough
Male User Gallery
Loc: East Bay (EAST BAY GREASE...
    #1341317 - 02/27/03 05:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

, will i go to jail for having pictures of a huge strawberry pot fruiting a few dozen cubes developed???? if i wont, then ill post pics, if not yull guys have to take my word for it

no sense in incriminating yourself :smirk:

--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Outdoor Planter [Re: Jackal]
    #1341726 - 02/27/03 10:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

most planter pots have drainage already :smile: try filling a window box with hardwood chippings like hazel then spawn some azures or cyans into it and water through the dryer months.I think it would work out well.

i just got some wood chips from a friend for a simular project :smile: but i think ill need a bloody big window box.... 

--------------------
er

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder