Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience * 14
    #13408272 - 10/29/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Tips for your first psychedelic experience

Welcome to your own personal initiation into The Other. This is written to provide information to those taking a psychedelic for the first time in hopes that it may help others along the path as gently and smoothly as possible. You are embarking upon an inner journey that many people have come to call one of the single most important experiences of their lives. Understand that you are about to be placed in a state of mind that you previously could not conceive even existed. During the experience it may appear that all your previous understanding of physics, space, time, and the way things are put together and function are being challenged, or expanded to allow the impossible to manifest in the most unexpected of ways. You are about to be given the chance to look deeper into yourself, to learn more about who you are and how you relate to the people and places around you as well as your place in the world (and/or universe and galaxy). I feel like the psychedelic experience allows us to venture into the true richness of the very heart of what it is to be human, to touch it and be changed by it.

Psychedelics are extremely powerful substances and should be treated with respect. Because they have such raw and unbridled power, psychedelic substances have the ability to open us to the heavens, or walk us right down the path into darker and scarier realms. They can be unpredictable and each experience is totally and completely unique. The experience is affected by so many variables, that many times are impossible to reproduce. Some of the variables include; your personal body chemistry at the moment you take the substance, any medications you may be taking, your level of hydration, your mood, the things going on in your life at that moment, the food you last ate, and how long ago you ate it, environmental factors, like weather and temperature, and so on.

I believe with the proper preparation and foresight that you certainly are stacking the deck in your favor to have the experience go the way you want it to (and even some places you never knew could be conceived). Below I will present you with a few tips and ideas for your own adventure down the path. Please realize that for each item I describe below, there are going to be many people who totally disagree with me. I would like this post to be totally open and anyone who has tips or comments that they believe are valuable or relevant, I welcome them – especially opposing viewpoints, because that helps me to keep my mind open to new possibilities (and I am still learning myself after only 20 or so years using psychedelics). So if you have any ideas or tips of your own, or if you'd like to expand on anything I mention, please post them below :smile: These are just my personal thoughts and I hope they are valuable to you. As you go into this experience, I think you should treat it as one of the more important things you may ever do. It is a big step into the unknown, but it one of life’s essential experiences. Terence McKenna once said that going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That thought has always resonated with me, since the experiences I have had have totally guided my life and changed it forever.

1.Know your Source –
I put this one at the top, because it really is one of the most important things for ensuring a good journey. Whoever you are getting your psychedelic substance from, there is no second best for having trust in that person. Due to the political climate of the world at this time in relation to the personal use of psychedelic substances, they are, in most places, illegal to obtain and must be purchased on the black market. This has many downsides, not the least of which is a lack of quality control and standardized and labeled dosages. With prescription medication, a person can expect a specific amount of a specific active ingredient, and has good access to knowledge on how to expect that substance to affect the body at different dosages. With psychedelics, your supplier is like the pharmacist/shaman, and you should not only trust that person’s intentions, but also their knowledge of their substance. They should be able to give you the best idea of the strength and (their opinion of) the purity. Give them an idea of the type of experience you are looking for (mild, mid-level, or strong), and ask about their suggested dosage. You should understand that their suggestions are based on their own personal perceptions, and may be different from yours, but they’re the best place you have to start. The better you know this person, the better you understand their communication and easier it is to compare to your own barometer of that individual. In a way this person is doing you a huge favor by allowing you access to this material, always be thankful for them and what they are doing for you.

1a. If you cannot find someone reliable or any reliable materials, and you live in an area where it is legal to do so - you may want to consider growing your own mushrooms. This site is a wealth of information on that subject, so you are already in the right place. There are several benefits to growing your own mushrooms - firstly you know your source :smile: it's you. Secondly, you can be assured that the molecules in the mushrooms are "pure" or correctly made, as nature tends to be very consistent in it's bio-synthesis of molecular substances. Also the act of growing your own takes a little while, so you will have time to contemplate the experience on a much deeper level and really take your time getting into "it." You will learn patience and you will have a relationship with your psychedelic material that is unattainable in any other way - you have taken the potential for life (spores) and assisted in bringing it about and nurturing its growth. This relationship can be very rewarding.

2. Do some self-education
Once you have your material (we’ll assume, LSD, psilocybin, mescaline or even DMT), or even before you have your material, do some research. Of course you should do plenty of research in general on psychedelics and specifically the one you plan to use. Read trip reports online, go through the Erowid pages on your substance, check the Recent LSD Prints thread to see if anyone else is getting the same blotter as you, (for ecstasy you can check pillreports.com). You may be able to find people in your geographic area getting and talking about the same substances you have access to. This can be an invaluable resource, but like anything else, take a look at the source of the information and use your best judgment. I truly feel that it is important to familiarize yourself with as much information as you can on psychedelics. But that being said, as much as you read, you will never know the experience in its fullness until you’ve had a few (at least one) experiences with it yourself. The psychedelic experience is one of the truly and utterly indescribable things in this world – because words along with all our technology are still too clumsy an instrument with which to capture the ineffable. So do some research, but understand that it cannot prepare you for the experience.

3.Set and Setting –
Okay here is the classic teaching that flows down from some of the psychedelic forefathers – Set and Setting. Set talks about your mental and emotional state at the time. Psychedelics amplify emotions and thoughts, so it is important to go into the experience with as few external stressors as possible. You should be in a good mood, and you should be in a good place in your life (not in the middle of divorce, tragedy, upheaval). Amplifying a bad mood or related general unease can have the obvious drawbacks. (On occasion of course there are going to be those in these situations that get a glimmer of hope and new life from an experience at a time when they are “down” but for your first experience, make sure you go into it with the right Set.)

Setting refers to the place in which the experience will occur, but it also refers to the people that will be there, the music playing, and any other environmental variables. Finding the right place for your first experience is very important. Think of this in terms of losing your virginity – you only have one “first time” so you may want to make the effort to find the right place. This place can be out in nature camping in a remote area, or private property. The benefits of using private property are discussed in more detail below, but the key is that private property allows you a safe space within which you can reasonably have an expectation of privacy. This is important because you are going to be in a heightened state of awareness, so you will be hyper-aware of everything around you, and your thoughts will be moving very quickly into and out of new areas of consciousness. You may find that speech can be somewhat clumsy and confusing, and you certainly won’t be able to speak as quickly as you are thinking, so there is a time-lag phenomenon as well. This is not to say that you won’t be able to talk during the whole trip, but at some points on a good dose, it is not unusual to find it hard to speak in a way that conveys your true meaning, making communication work in different ways. So find a nice private place where no one who is not part of your intended group of travelers will bother you. Make the environment as comfortable as you can, and have it well stocked with whatever you think you may need for the duration of the experience. Have some nice music (and instruments if you’re that type of person/group)and some nice food/drinks (like fresh fruits/juices/water), you may find that you do not get hungry at all, but it is good to have (not to mention that eating can be one of the most amazing/stimulating sensory experiences when on psychedelics). Ideally it should be a nice temperature (or temperature controlled). Burning candles is probably not a good idea for the novice tripper; though lighting incense can be very rewarding to the olfactory and visual senses (smoke can be Very interesting to watch). It seems like an entire book could be devoted to creating the proper setting, but I think at this point you’ve got a general basis to start from.

4.Plan  enough time to be in one place and not have to drive
Another thing to think about in terms of setting – is that you should find a place that you can stay for the duration of the experience. This means to plan to stay in the same location for 8-12 hours depending on your method of travel (Mushrooms last about 6-8 hours, while LSD is closer to 8-10 hours). Now obviously if you are camping, you can certainly go on hikes, but be very aware of where you are in relation to your campsite (take it from someone who learned the hard way). Walking around in neighborhoods while tripping can be quite an experience, but it puts you in a situation with many other variables. You may run into strangers, neighbors, or others you may not want to be a part of your trip. There’s not necessarily anything wrong with walking around, but if you do, take only what you need, empty your pockets before leaving home (leave drugs, phones, anything you do not want to lose), and just bring your ID and keys. Driving should be out of the question – it would be highly irresponsible and could end up as badly as you can imagine. I will say it again because it is just that important – driving and tripping do not mix (unless you’re on Grateful Dead tour, but that’s another thread :smile:). Plan to have everything you think you may need or want with you in your “setting” so that you do not have the temptation to “go out and get (or do) some XYZ thing.”

5. Minimize Distractions
I think that minimizing distractions is the best way to enjoy the flow of your trip. Turn off your phone – talking on the phone can be a very weird thing on psychedelics. I call it “intersecting realities” because someone else is calling you from a place that could almost be called a separate reality (that person is immersed in totally different environmental situation), and that call is interrupting what is going on for you in your Here and Now experience. Also assuming that someone on the "outside" has an emergency, you will not be well prepared to help, and it can end up really ruining your experience. Let your friends/relatives know that you'll be unavailable, or change the message on your phone for a few hours to let people know you are unavailable for the day and have no access to phone/e-mail. In addition to turning off your phone, turning off the internet and TV also can be a good idea. While these can have immense value to the psychedelic experience, they can also introduce very intense elements and scenes into your trip. If you have some specific movies to watch that you’ve pre-selected give them a shot at some point in the trip if you feel the desire, but make that just a part of the experience. Basically you want to set it up so that you are not interrupted during the trip – it will feel a lot more comfortable that way.

6. Minimize (unintentional) contact with others

Planning your trip to minimize unintentional contact with others may sound like an odd idea, but  it is something to think about. If you’ve turned off your phone and planned the trip in and around private property, you’re off to a great start. The reason I mention this is because while communication within your group of trippers (and/or non-trippers) will be very rich and lucid during most of the trip (or all of it), sometimes people get “weird vibes” when others outside the planned group show up and begin interacting with everyone. There may be no problem, or sometimes it can make some people very uncomfortable. It’s hard to describe the sensation to someone who hasn’t had the experience, but many times people end up having the wildest conversations with total strangers in the oddest of circumstances. If you venture out of the property and into the world, be prepared for the unexpected to occur in mind-bending ways. Usually there should be no danger in going out into public tripping. In fact most people would never know that you are tripping at all (unless you have the endless giggles), but the funny thing is that many people on psychedelics who do go out in public have the feeling that “Everyone Knows!!!” when in reality, probably no one knows. Staying out of public also minimizes contact with police. You may think it is a fine idea to take a walk at 3:30 AM, but you may arouse some unwanted attention. So to the best of your ability try to minimize your contact with people you do not want around you during an intensely personal and moving experience. The people you do want around for this experience should be chosen with thought and contemplation – if you don’t feel right about someone in the group, you just have to trust your instincts. People who tend to annoy you in your everyday life, may REALLY annoy you on psychedelics. Also psychedelics are not for everyone, so if you choose to have others with you during the experience, choose wisely.

7. Plan to minimize the use of money/transactions
This one fits in with the pre-planning to have everything you think you may want or need during the experience and minimizing unintentional contact with strangers. It is best to just not have to deal with money during a psychedelic experience. Your concept of its value may be different, and your math skills may be a little more multi-dimensional and distracted (though some people get hyper-mathematical on certain psychedelics, mostly LSD). By minimizing your use of money during the experience, you take a lot of variables out of the picture. It is best to wait until after the trip to get involved in financial discussions or transactions.

8. Friends/alone/sitter
One of the things you need to decide is whether you want to go on this voyage alone or with others. If you are going to do it with others, is everyone going to take psychedelics? As mentioned earlier the people you choose to have with you for the ride should be carefully chosen, you should feel good about them. You don’t have to know them intimately, but you should enjoy their company and believe they are going to be good traveling partners. This is true whether or not they are going to be taking psychedelics with you – anyone who is to be included in your circle should be people everyone feels good about. If you have someone who fits into that category, and who is also experienced with psychedelics and is willing to either take them with you, or to participate as a sitter/guide, that can be a very valuable person to you. There are many schools of thought on having a “trip sitter,” or someone who stays sober while one or more people take a psychedelic. The thought is that this sober person will watch over the tripper and make sure there are no “problems.” Unless the person acting as a sitter is very experienced with psychedelics, that person may not know how to react to certain situations that may arise during the trip (in relation to mental functioning, behavior, physical reactions), so the value of a sitter may be directly related to their understanding of the experience and how to handle situations should they arise. I personally have never had a trip sitter so I feel unqualified to say too much about that. To me a well-chosen group of friends would be the ideal.

9. Music Selections
I dedicated an entire little section of this guide to music selections, because music and psychedelics create an amazing synthesis. You should have access to many varieties of music that you enjoy, some fast, some slow, some of several types, because you may not know what mood you will be in. Also you may find that suddenly, what you are listening to needs to be changed, and that change may be drastic, so having a wide variety of music to play is essential.  People should agree on the selections beforehand, because music that is annoying you while you are tripping can be very uncomfortable to listen to. Something like Pandora.com or other internet radio programs can be great, because you do not have to bring any selection of music with you, but it still can be playing an extremely wide variety of music (not to mention that the programs are intelligent, so you can “teach” them to play music you like – if you don’t know about this, check it out). Anyway, whatever you do, I would suggest having some music you enjoy with you along for the trip. You may be surprised at how it sounds on psychedelics. If you play instruments, bring them along, you may be inspired.

10. Empty Stomach
It is recommended to have an empty stomach before taking a psychedelic. This is because if you have a full stomach, it may take the psychedelic a long time to move into your system if it is sitting on top of a lot of undigested foods. This would mean that the effects will most likely be lessened because of the slow absorption into your body. This is more true for mushrooms than it is for LSD, since LSD can be mostly dissolved in the mouth. This means to usually wait 2-3 hours after eating your last meal prior to eating the psychedelic substance.

11. Setting intention/asking for a smooth ride
Once you have made all the proper preparations, you have obtained good psychedelic material, created a good Setting and are ready to take the psychedelic; it is good to take a moment with yourself and the substance. This can be something you do with others in the group, or you can do it totally silently (or not at all, if you don’t feel the need). In the moments before you put the LSD or mushrooms into your mouth, you still have time to make a choice. Once you’ve eaten them you’re invested in the experience, you’re onboard for the duration of the trip, and in some senses, there is no turning back. Whenever I’ve eaten psychedelics I get a feeling of “See ya on the other side” at the moment the dose hits my tongue. At this moment I take a second and set my intention for the trip, I think about what I am trying to get out of the experience, and I also ask (the universe, the substance) for a smooth ride. This probably isn’t for everyone, but for me I treat the opportunity to have an experience like this as a very special thing. I have great respect for the unimaginable power that psychedelics can channel through people, and before I become intertwined in that flow, and become one with it, I just take a moment to give thanks and set my sights toward where I want this experience to take me. Once I’ve taken it I always hope I haven’t taken too much or too little in relation to what I am looking for that particular day.

12. Entertainment Options
I don’t really know what you are into, but whatever it is, use your best judgment. You may want to have some of your hobbies or interests to delve into using a different frame of mind. I would say that the best entertainment would be music in the background and good conversation, but there is really so much you can do. It would probably be good to have a few pre-selected movies just in case you feel inclined. Many people say to stay away from TV and I have to agree – commercials and the random programming that you are likely to come across are not the kind of quality entertainment you should be looking for. Don’t fill your time with junk food for the mind. Use carefully chosen, highly interesting, well made movies/videos. Even something like YouTube may be great since you can self-select the imagery entering the space of your trip. Many people would say to stay away from movies/videos all together, and I also agree, but that being said, it is better to be prepared (like everything in life). I cannot recommend fishing as a good activity for your first trip (the less sharp, pointy things the better).

13. Duration
The duration of your trip will depend on a lot of factors, but for most of the psychedelics you can find pretty reliable information as to their normal duration. You can use sites like Erowid to get an idea of a range of people’s trip duration. I would say that LSD’s duration is around 8-12 hours, psilocybin about 6-8 hours, mescaline about 12-15 hours, and DMT (smoked) about 10-15 minutes. The thing about these durations, is that time is experienced differently on psychedelics. There is an experience known as time dilation in which time seems to stretch out, and minutes can sometimes seem to take eternities to pass. I believe it is always a good thing to note the time you take the psychedelic, so you can know where in the trip you are at any given point, and also when you should be coming down. Say you take LSD at a specific time. You know in about 30-45 minutes you should be feeling the effects of the drug, and in about 3 hours you will be at the peak of the experience. That will last for a while (1-3 hours) and then you will start to come down. By about 10-12 hours after ingestion, you should be almost completely down. It is not unusual to have an "after-glow" or minimal effects still lasting until you have gone to sleep for the night (or whenever the trip is over). Also smoking cannabis at this time can bring back the psychedelic effects for a short time.

14. It Comes in Waves
An important thing to know is that the intensity will rise and fall like waves. You will have times during the trip that will feel extremely intense, and then these are followed by periods where you may feel completely sober (you’re not). You may begin to wonder if the experience is winding down, and then another wave of intensity washes over you hurling you back into the vortex. These waves will come and go from the time you start feeling the substance hitting you until the end of the peak of the trip. After the peak of the trip, the waves seem to subside and you slowly begin to reintegrate into normal reality again. You may want to write down ideas or thoughts if you can, as many times the epiphanies and inspirations get lost in the flood of thoughts and emotions. You may not be able to get anything written down at this point, but it may be interesting and rewarding to try. (It can also be frustrating, because then you see how little information words convey in relation to the meaning you want to infuse the words with.)

15. Come Down
During the period after the peak, you will still be tripping, but the effects will be much more muted. This is a nice after-glow period in which you can really reflect on all that you saw and experienced. It is a great time to compare notes with the others (if you are tripping with others). You can use this time to relax and think. One of the hardest things for even seasoned trippers is to take the insights learned during a trip and export them into everyday life. You may want to review the things that seemed important or moving during the trip and see if there are things in your life that you can apply those insights to that may help bring you to a better place in some way. Again, you may want to write down some of your thoughts and inspirations during this quieter time as it may be much easier than when you were riding the waves. You will most likely not be able to sleep until you have fully come down. Many people have laid in bed for hours just thinking that they should be able to fall asleep, but they’re really still tripping. You should not drive until the effects have fully worn off, but this may be a great time for a walk outside in the last hour or two of the trip.

16. Nutrition
Nutrition is an important thing that can be easily overlooked. Many people do not feel hungry at all on psychedelics, and others feel turned off to the very idea of food during the experience. Others can eat with great enjoyment, but they are rarer. The psychedelic experience can consume a lot of energy; mental, physical, and emotional. So not only are people not eating, but they are burning a lot of calories and using a lot of nutrients to fuel the experience. Before you go to bed after the trip, you should make it a point to have a good meal. This will allow your body to recharge properly while you sleep. If you can’t eat, at the very least take some vitamins/anti-oxidants. These are protective of your body’s systems, so don’t forget to take care of your body after it has just gone through so much with you.

17. The Next Day
You may find yourself tired the day after the psychedelic experience, especially if you took it late in the day and the experience ran into the wee hours of the morning. I would recommend leaving the day after your first trip totally open. Don’t make plans for that day. Just allow yourself to rest, think, and enjoy yourself. You may feel great and highly energized the next day or you may feel very tired and that depends on so many different factors. You do not get any kind of hangover like you might from alcohol, in fact many people feel well rested and better than before the trip. Either way, I would recommend leaving the entire day after the trip open so that you are not obligated to do anything. You should do whatever feels right that day, but by leaving the day open, you allow yourself to find your own path for the day as it develops.

18. A note on “Bad Trips” –
There are many factors that can lead to uncomfortable feelings during a trip. If you find yourself or someone you are with becoming uncomfortable with the direction the trip is going, there are several tips for working through that. Many times if you find yourself in a bad place, simply changing your environment (change the music, go into a different room, go outside), can have an amazing result. Your breath can also help you to change your trip, but that is a harder one for some people to remember. Slowing your breath can have a very calming effect on your mental state. I like to take breaths that I inhale for 7 seconds, hold for one and then exhale for 7 seconds. Even when sober, doing that can bring me soothing calmness. Some people get a worrisome feeling that they’ll be “stuck” in the psychedelic experience and that they’ll never come down. This happens when the time dilation becomes magnified and the effects are very intense. Here it can be VERY helpful to note what time you took the psychedelic and what time you should be coming down. Most of the time, that will show you that you are still just in the middle of the experience, and within a few hours you should be back to normal. If this happens, a change of scenery is the first thing you should do (change the flow of the thoughts, concentrate on something else). If you find yourself coming back to the same negative thoughts time after time, and you’ve tried breathing and changing environments, you should not fight the experience, let go and flow with it. You may have something that needs to be confronted or dealt with, and sometimes these things bubble up from your subconscious during a trip. Instead of hiding from it in your mind, (which can be frustratingly impossible at times) in fear, by letting go, and letting the trip take its course, you find you can see this part of you in a new light and it may lead to changes in the way you behave or see the world. This can be part of a death-rebirth experience that happens on psychedelics, where “the old you” dies and is reborn into someone new, you just have to know it is okay to let go.

Another thing to keep in mind is that benzodiazepine type drugs can have a very calming/sedative effect on the psychedelic experience. I know many people who will not take psychedelics unless they have a “parachute”  (Xanax, Valium, rophynol) as a “just in case.” I’ve heard the benzos being called a parachute, because they are like a way to get off the ride, or jump out of the experience. If you find yourself in a weird state of mind and you just need to get out of the trip, there are few things better than benzodiazepines. Usually within about 20 minutes or so of taking the benzo, you will feel the trip starting to calm down, and get much more under control. The only thing about this, is that if things are coming up that you need to deal with – and you avoid them by taking the benzos, well then you will still have those issues hiding in your subconscious. So some people will say that this is cheating, but I can tell you, sometimes, a person just needs to calm down and get a grip, and these medications are wonderful for that. You can always go back “in” another day.

Another thing that is very important to point out is this; on very rare occasions, a person may have a period of time during the trip in which they totally lose themselves. There is a break with reality and the person begins saying very weird things, and acting totally unlike themselves. They may become agitated and even sometimes aggressive or violent. They may not know or trust you, and seem to have had a total break with reality. Again I want to stress that this is a very rare situation, but it comes up. There are many threads on this board of people going through this type of experience. The number one thing to know is that calling the cops or emergency medical services should be the very last resort. The person WILL end up being restrained against their will, taken to a hospital and be strapped to a bed for the duration of the trip - as you can imagine, this has some very negative effects on the psyche, not to mention the person's family. If that person has any drugs on them, they most likely will be arrested upon their discharge from the hospital. So if you have to call for help, do your best to make sure that the person will not be charged with anything criminal as a result of your call. The best thing to do is try to keep the person quiet, safe, and inside - away from strangers and the randomness of the outside world. In most cases, this phase of the experience passes within a few hours whether the person is in the hospital or not. If you can keep them out of the hospital, they should be fine in a few hours. If you have the benzodiazepine drugs available - don't wait - USE THEN NOW! There is a lot more to be said on this subject, so anyone with any insight is encouraged to do so.

19. Prescription drugs and psychedelics
It is important to note that some of the prescription medication you may be taking can have an effect on the way that the psychedelics affect you. This is extremely important in regards to SSRIs and anti-depressant medications. By inhibiting the pathways for serotonin re-uptake, they block the activity of the psychedelics as well. If you are taking anti-depressant medications, then most likely the psychedelic will not manifest very well, and the experience can be very weak. Also it may be important to note that psychedelics are amplifiers of senses and emotions, so if you are on anti-depressant drugs for a reason, it may not be the time in your life to embark on the psychedelic journey. Only you can decide for yourself. But if this describes you, just make sure you put that much extra thought into your decision. Other Rx medications may affect the trip as well. You can search around or ask on the forums about the interactions of your specific medications and get some good feedback.

20. Hot/Pointy/Sharp things -
This one should go without saying, but due to an article that popped up in the News section http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14627179#14627179 I figure I will throw in an extra section here. THERE SHOULD BE NO UNLOCKED WEAPONS AVAILABLE TO TRIPPING PEOPLE. Sure there are cowboys who can successfully mix six-shooters and LSD, but...the potential for danger is real, so you'll want to exercise extreme caution with anything that is Hot, Pointy, Sharp, and of course, loaded weapons of any kind (crossbows, guns, tanks, anti-aircraft missiles - okay getting very Apocalypse Now! here...). I don't think this section needs much more details, this is very self-explanatory. Please be safe.

Edited by dwpineal (04/07/12 04:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKon-nect-id
All Together

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: dwpineal] * 1
    #13408494 - 10/29/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sticky it for god's sake.
A++ :tunnel:

Offlineesquaredx
 User Gallery

Loc: Dutch Country
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Kon-nect-id] * 1
    #13408539 - 10/29/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

“See ya on the other side”

+5 for this. Great :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Loc: One Mile High... Flag
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: esquaredx] * 1
    #13409396 - 10/30/10 02:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Great post DW!  Thanks for this contribution.

--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: scienceguy] * 1
    #13415036 - 10/31/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot guys. The thing kinda got out of control and it ended up a lot longer than I expected. And really there is a lot more to say :smile:

I have to still edit a lot of the typos and finish some half-thoughts, but hopefully it is of value to someone out there...

Light and Love,
DW
:gd_icon:

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #13415170 - 10/31/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

It can also be frustrating, because then you see how little information words convey in relation to the meaning you want to infuse the words with

so frustrating! hahaha

i bet a tripping poet/english prof/writer could make some crazy notes

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

:paperairplane:  :shroomeryhead:

InvisibleBallerium
Little Black Spot on the Sun
Female User Gallery

Loc: GA
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Kevin_X2] * 1
    #13415848 - 10/31/10 08:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What a great and helpful post. I will definitely use this advice for the next time I trip :smile:

--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.

OfflineWaganga
Virgin
Female

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Ballerium] * 1
    #13419195 - 11/01/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This is a REALLY good post, Dwpineal! I agree, it should be stickied, considering how many people come around here looking for first-timer info. :smile: Awesome job.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Waganga] * 1
    #13422955 - 11/02/10 11:34 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay I updated with a few changes and also was able to correct some of the typos (at least all of the ones I found - PM me if you see something grammatically incorrect or incorrect spelling).

I'll probably add in a conclusion section at the end when I have some more time...

Glad people are enjoying this, I hope it helps someone out!

Also please feel free to add your own Tips or expand on any of mine...

Light and Love,
DW

Invisiblejustaguy
Loc: Flag
    #13423001 - 11/02/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Get this thread stickied

--------------------

Offlinepsychedelico
day trippin

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: justaguy] * 1
    #13423902 - 11/02/10 02:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

justaguy said:
Get this thread stickied

Edited by psychedelico (11/02/10 02:37 PM)

Offlinepyl91

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: psychedelico] * 1
    #13440354 - 11/05/10 06:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wonderful post; an excellent guide to the framework of the psychedelic experience as it relates to what people are most often looking to get out of it.

InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: pyl91] * 1
    #13440892 - 11/05/10 09:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Vary helpful for a first time fry!!
Thanks for taking the time to wright it up.he'll I learned a few Thaings.

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: ShadOWCrack] * 1
    #13442341 - 11/06/10 07:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

STICKY THIS!

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: The Centre] * 1
    #13534875 - 11/24/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Edited the main post to add this;
Quote:

Another thing that is very important to point out is this; on very rare occasions, a person may have a period of time during the trip in which they totally lose themselves. There is a break with reality and the person begins saying very weird things, and acting totally unlike themselves. They may become agitated and even sometimes aggressive or violent. They may not know or trust you, and seem to have had a total break with reality. Again I want to stress that this is a very rare situation, but it comes up. There are many threads on this board of people going through this type of experience. The number one thing to know is that calling the cops or emergency medical services should be the very last resort. The person WILL end up being restrained against their will, taken to a hospital and be strapped to a bed for the duration of the trip - as you can imagine, this has some very negative effects on the psyche, not to mention the person's family. If that person has any drugs on them, they most likely will be arrested upon their discharge from the hospital. So if you have to call for help, do your best to make sure that the person will not be charged with anything criminal as a result of your call. The best thing to do is try to keep the person quiet, safe, and inside - away from strangers and the randomness of the outside world. In most cases, this phase of the experience passes within a few hours whether the person is in the hospital or not. If you can keep them out of the hospital, they should be fine in a few hours. If you have the benzodiazepine drugs available - don't wait - USE THEN NOW! There is a lot more to be said on this subject, so anyone with any insight is encouraged to do so.

Looking for input on that, other ways to phrase the thoughts, etc...

InvisibleEvilMushroom666
Heretic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada Flag
    #13534892 - 11/24/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Very good addition IMO. I assume this has something to do with the
LSD trip report posted earlier. Very good advice, It is very important
that your trip sitter knows how to handle these situations as geting
LEO invovled is never a good idea. :mushroom2:

OfflineTesla_Collider
feelin so fly like a g6
Male

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: EvilMushroom666] * 1
    #13646698 - 12/17/10 11:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry for bump but this is a really good post. Very informative. I feel almost more prepared for my first upcoming trip.

--------------------

OfflineChoix Sinaloa
Mario Kart Racer

Loc: California
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Tesla_Collider] * 1
    #13648940 - 12/17/10 08:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

awesome!

--------------------
thingy magigy

InvisibleCakk
Female

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Choix Sinaloa] * 1
    #13770492 - 01/11/11 06:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

AMazing tips thanks!

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Cakk] * 1
    #13792600 - 01/15/11 06:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This is just an amazing read, thank you so much OP.
You just helped me with my up coming trip on mushrooms, that will be initiation into psychedelics.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend]
    #13792679 - 01/15/11 06:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Very good read :smile:

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Offlinejustice51315
The man with the foolish grin
Male

Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: c1dh3d]
    #13792701 - 01/15/11 06:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
To Do List
    Lucy
      DXM
    Mushies
    2Ce
    Ketamine
        MDMA
  Amanita Muscaria
        DMT

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: justice51315]
    #13909941 - 02/05/11 11:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by 4HO-DMT (02/17/14 10:31 AM)

InvisibleCakk
Female

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: 4HO-DMT]
    #14029198 - 02/26/11 07:54 AM (13 years, 24 days ago)

What an amazing informative post

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Cakk]
    #14323362 - 04/20/11 02:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Figured I'd bump this since there are 3 threads on page 1 of TPE today asking for advice for first timers. So instead of replying to each individually, I thought it'd be helpful to bump the 'ole thread...

Light and Love,
DW

Offlineweephar
The Consultant

Loc: USA
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: dwpineal]
    #14451641 - 05/14/11 02:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for a great doc!  Will be helpful for my friends that want me to turn them on.

--------------------
Life is good! (and it is also a journey)

Free Rudd!

InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: weephar]
    #14452106 - 05/14/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Great post is great! Will have my girlfriend read this over for her first LSD trip coming up soon. Thanks man!:thumbup:

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#14633046 - 06/18/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I saw Humility post this in a News thread and thought maybe this was important enough to add in here...Someting I had totally forgotten about Hot/pointy/sharp objects...
Quote:

Humility said:
I can't see how it'd be a good idea to be tripping around a loaded firearm.

Kinda falls into the category of pointy/hot/dangerous things.  I do enjoy fire while tripping but I keep it WAY safe and never allow things to burn for a MOMENT more than I'm willing to observe it while happening.

I tend to stay away from large bodies of water while tripping as well.  The bathtub is good enough for me ^_^.

:feelsgoodman:

Hot/Pointy/Sharp things -
This one should go without saying, but due to an article that popped up in the News section http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14627179#14627179 I figure I will throw in an extra section here. THERE SHOULD BE NO UNLOCKED WEAPONS AVAILABLE TO TRIPPING PEOPLE. Sure there are cowboys who can successfully mix six-shooters and LSD, but...the potential for danger is real, so you'll want to exercise extreme caution with anything that is Hot, Pointy, Sharp, and of course, loaded weapons of any kind (crossbows, guns, tanks, anti-aircraft missiles - okay getting very Apocalypse Now! here...). I don't think this section needs much more details, this is very self-explanatory. Please be safe.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #14633577 - 06/18/11 01:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14537534

Why doesn't someone put all of these great posts and make them part of the Experience FAQ?

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinequencho092
Stranger

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: HarryL]
    #14726614 - 07/06/11 03:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Im gonna have to bump this. The advice given by OP is right on the money, but I want to add the power of being exposed to water at shroom peaks (the mindset of being in the safety and enveloping warmth of the womb is incredibly calming during ego loss), and the infinitely rewarding benefits of exercise during a trip, shrooms or lsd. Your body offers so many endogenous drug cocktails, FORGET BOUT BENZOS. I have never had a bad trip when I've begun my trips on a bike, with my favorite music.

Self medicate, endorphins, adrenaline, and lactic acid are your friends on psychedelics and they can help take you to a beautiful place, as well as regulating any anxiety or negative feelings. Think of prehistoric man hunting while on shrooms, experiencing different natural scenery, exerting himself. Also, the power of redosing, esp with shrooms. Get into a good set and setting, start small with your dose, do a booster dose, ride out 4 hours or until you start coming down, then take more. IME, easing into this world gives space to your mind to integrate, and adapt to the experience, and multiple peaks give way to more positive revelations when you're doing the right thing.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: quencho092]
    #14726855 - 07/06/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks very much for the input quencho092, that is exactly the type of community creation I was hoping for :smile: The more people that share helpful tips the better.

Earlier today drr posted a link to an Erowid guide for first time psychedelic users and it looks like it was written by the late Bob Wallace. I believe he owned a placee called Mind Books before he passed. This could be total mis-information, but I believe he was also a Microsoft millionaire, and put a lot of his resources back into the community, I believe he was a also a regular on the old school Mushroom Cultivation news groups (similar to a forum, but like alt.musroom.cult or something like that, and people would post Q & A)

Anyway, link to their cool guide;
Quote:

drr said:

Kinda seems like a shortened version of this: http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_experience_faq.shtml

Offlinequencho092
Stranger

#14727242 - 07/06/11 05:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Not to be condescending or anything, but it makes me sad to know that so many people take these drugs and have a bad time, or they miss out on the revelations of the wonders of life and what it is to be yourself.

I have no problem with people who just want to see shit and LOL, but I've seen these people eventually have horrendously bad trips. People in relationships taking shrooms thinking it's gonna be like a theme park of fun, and they end up just seeing everything that's wrong in their lives instead with no preparation or foresight, and no idea how to seek their personal ecstasy by feeling the oneness and paradoxical uniqueness of all life on this earth. I want to see more people using psychedelics in ways that enhance their lives, not in ways that make their lives into a nightmare from hell because they think it's a care free party drug (Psychs can be amazing party drugs if you obey who you are within).

Offlinequencho092
Stranger

#14727250 - 07/06/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It's like snorting line after line of cocaine and wondering why you can't sleep :winning1:

InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
    #14755188 - 07/12/11 03:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

quencho092 said:
Not to be condescending or anything, but it makes me sad to know that so many people take these drugs and have a bad time, or they miss out on the revelations of the wonders of life and what it is to be yourself.

I have no problem with people who just want to see shit and LOL, but I've seen these people eventually have horrendously bad trips. People in relationships taking shrooms thinking it's gonna be like a theme park of fun, and they end up just seeing everything that's wrong in their lives instead with no preparation or foresight, and no idea how to seek their personal ecstasy by feeling the oneness and paradoxical uniqueness of all life on this earth. I want to see more people using psychedelics in ways that enhance their lives, not in ways that make their lives into a nightmare from hell because they think it's a care free party drug (Psychs can be amazing party drugs if you obey who you are within).

Quote:

quencho092 said:
It's like snorting line after line of cocaine and wondering why you can't sleep :winning1:

werd yo
:prance:

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

Offlinejonstoned
good.
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: ShadOWCrack]
    #14755209 - 07/12/11 03:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Great guide for beginners :thumbup: and a good read for the experienced!

OfflineMyco Fanatic
Epithet the great.
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: jonstoned] * 1
    #15081854 - 09/15/11 08:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd have to second the sharp objects one. Although I haven't tripped before, this one time I got really high and drunk and tried to make an incense holder with a swiss army knife.... Ouch. Must have dug 2/3 mm into my thumb

OfflineLONGhairDONTcare
Stranger
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Myco Fanatic] * 1
    #15084840 - 09/15/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Great post! Very useful information.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: LONGhairDONTcare]
    #15285407 - 10/27/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

JUST updated the first post with a nice PDF version of the post. Please feel free to print out and distribute widely.

OfflineImmortalZodd
I seek only the strong
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #15286526 - 10/27/11 02:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have never tripped before, but I read every word of this post.

I have been on this site for a few months now researching and learning a lot but I still feel like I gained some very good insight by reading this guide.

Thanks OP!

Bump for great justice!

--------------------
...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.

Carl Sagan

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: ImmortalZodd]
    #15294777 - 10/29/11 10:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I thought I've posted in this before but I guess I haven't. One of the best posts on the Shroomery. Sticky-worthy.

Thanks dw.

OfflineThrakmar
Stranger
    #16051839 - 04/06/12 08:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I made an account simply to say that this thread is amazing. Thank you dwpineal for this wealth of useful information.

I'm about to venture into my first trip and have taken note of everything here :smile:

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Thrakmar]
    #16051896 - 04/06/12 09:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:awethumb:

Wow thanks! Really appreciate that, and Welcome to the community, I think you will find this place is amazing (if not a little addicting :smile: )

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

#16053005 - 04/06/12 02:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The only thing I would change about this is the empty stomach situation. a big portion of bad trips happen because of low blood sugar, so if you eat let's say mushrooms on an empty stomach make sure to eat something afterwards so that you don't end up getting too uncomfortable or passing out.

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

InvisibleFallenSpartan
His Dudeness

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend]
    #16053016 - 04/06/12 02:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Or drink mt dew lol  ...ton of sugar but no nutrients obviously

--------------------
*On this forum I act out the fictitious role of a mushroom enthusiast. All posts made by me on this forum are strictly for role playing & educational purposes only. All pictures were obtained from my pen pal in the British Virgin Islands where the cultivation of psilocybe cubensis is legal, openly on the internet without rights restrictions, or from other private forum boards with the authors permission.*

Offline2row
Fermenter

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: FallenSpartan]
    #16053079 - 04/06/12 02:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Great write up.

I like the part about no $ transactions. Im usually pretty good with his and have gotten pretty used to transit machines and 7-11 type places tripping.

But one time I was at a picnic/concert/food-fest type deal on LSD and you had to exchange you $ for tickets. I hated it. I was holding up lines all over tying to figure out what this dish or that beer cost in actual $.

--------------------
You've got to go thru the meat locker to get to the bliss fountain.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend] * 1
    #16057685 - 04/07/12 04:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:
The only thing I would change about this is the empty stomach situation. a big portion of bad trips happen because of low blood sugar, so if you eat let's say mushrooms on an empty stomach make sure to eat something afterwards so that you don't end up getting too uncomfortable or passing out.

Good idea, I actually meant to say something to the effect of "wait 2-3 hours after eating before taking your substance" as opposed to fasting all day or something like that...
What do you all this about this edit;

10. Empty Stomach
It is recommended to have an empty stomach before taking a psychedelic. This is because if you have a full stomach, it may take the psychedelic a long time to move into your system if it is sitting on top of a lot of undigested foods. This would mean that the effects will most likely be lessened because of the slow absorption into your body. This is more true for mushrooms than it is for LSD, since LSD can be mostly dissolved in the mouth. This means to usually wait 2-3 hours after eating your last meal prior to eating the psychedelic substance.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Choix Sinaloa]
    #16057722 - 04/07/12 04:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Choix Sinaloa said:
awesome!

i want to stick my dick right into your sig.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBIGS
Connoisseur

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16317927 - 06/01/12 03:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Defiantly a good read for a first timer. Pulled alot of good info and tips from this. Thank you!

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: BIGS]
    #16318228 - 06/01/12 05:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Great to see someone on the boards doing psychedelic harm reduction. :thumbup:

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Offlineesspapier
Male

#16414043 - 06/21/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

wow nice thank you for this thread. very helpful it gave me food for thought

--------------------
Listen
Smile
Dance

OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend] * 1
    #16414894 - 06/21/12 02:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:

Agreed. On some of my first trips i would be on an empty stomach and I would start to feel extremely strange when I would begin to peak and I couldn't figure out why. I would get extremely tired and feel very weak. Id also get kinda shakey too. Not fun while tripping.

My personal word of advice would be to start with a low dose your first time to get a feel for it. You don't know how potent your LSD, mushrooms, etc may be and overdoing It can lead to some scary experiences. I thought an 1/8 of shrooms was a low dose first time I did em, but it really just depends on the potency, strain, and all that. maybe start out with a gram or half eighth,  or like a half a hit of LSD if it is supposed to be very strong blotters. That's just my 2 cents.

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: TurkeyTom]
    #16416142 - 06/21/12 05:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

always know your own bodychemistry, not everyone reacts the same way to drugs. This is one thing i can't stress enough to people doing drugs.

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#16416883 - 06/21/12 08:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

About how long before the trip would you have eaten when you were feeling shaky?

I did make a change after Legit27's comment to put in that you should not eat about 2-3 hours before dosing - I think this is probably only an issue with mushrooms, as opposed to LSD. With mushrooms, I find if I eat too soon before dosing, they don't absorb all at one time and the effects are definitely diminished to some degree. For me it seems to work better if I wait about 2-3 hours from last time I ate, so this is interesting and I would be curious to know what others think as well. Could just be me...

OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

#16416987 - 06/21/12 08:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
About how long before the trip would you have eaten when you were feeling shaky?

I did make a change after Legit27's comment to put in that you should not eat about 2-3 hours before dosing - I think this is probably only an issue with mushrooms, as opposed to LSD. With mushrooms, I find if I eat too soon before dosing, they don't absorb all at one time and the effects are definitely diminished to some degree. For me it seems to work better if I wait about 2-3 hours from last time I ate, so this is interesting and I would be curious to know what others think as well. Could just be me...

Tbh I'm not too sure. I noticed it the most though on a trip a week and a half ago, probably my 6th LSD trip ever. It was a low dose (half of a strong blotter ) and as I was peaking I felt super weak and a lil shakey. I have heard LSD can cause your blood sugar to drop though so I ate something which helped a lot. I think it had probably been a good 6 hours or so since I had eaten, but I'm not sure what I had that day. I also took my pulse and it was at 96 bpm, whereas when sober its around 63. Not sure but that may have been part of the issue?

Either way I learned from that and ate about 1 1/2 hours before I dosed again this last Sunday night, and noticed no weakness or shaking, it was a great trip.

Edited by TurkeyTom (06/21/12 08:52 PM)

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#16419191 - 06/22/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:awethumb:

Great info, thanks!

I've noticed that if I eat my dose first, then wait 10+ minutes, I can eat and not have a problem. But with LSD I don't think it is really much of an issue - I just think it is mostly with Mushrooms, as they sit on top of the food you just ate in your stomach and that increases the time it takes for everything to move into your bloodstream...with LSD, I keep it in my mouth for a long time, so it is mostly absorbed that way...I also think not eating for 2-3 hours before the trip has helped with any stomach-uneasiness (I have a sensitive stomach, but psychedelics rarely if ever bother me...).

Also I like to eat things like salad or living foods, before or during a trip, I get kinda turned off by things like pizza, and a lot of cooked foods in general when I'm tripping...

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

#16419229 - 06/22/12 07:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

IME it's best to eat them once you get hungry/feel appetite. That's usually 4 hours after my last meal for me.

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16419264 - 06/22/12 07:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh that is an interesting thought - kind of like your body is now ready to begin digesting something, so it is already in gear...love it, thanks!

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16419293 - 06/22/12 07:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Moreover, it's always a good idea to drink some good juice (pop also works, but is not as good usually) once in a while. I work in a harm reduction project and that's what I usually advise to keep blood sugar levels high. Eating fruit also helps and they sometimes make for a good trip toy.

Plus good juice tastes awesome on psychs.

There are people out there that fast for 12 hours, eat mushrooms, stay in the sun all day long, don't drink anything and then they wonder why they pass out, have spasms or seizures. Know your drug, know your body, know your mind. :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinethe_student
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17729203 - 02/01/13 09:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

neat

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: the_student]
    #17729680 - 02/01/13 10:54 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the_student said:
neat

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

InvisibleLucaohai
Male

#17863023 - 02/25/13 12:34 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Even though I have tripped before, it feels good to read such a well written "prep-guide".

Has been about 3-4 months since my last trip, and I am both ready and excited for what tonight has to offer.
Very well written, more than a joy to read.
A++

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Lucaohai]
    #17863065 - 02/25/13 12:43 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Sweet, thanks so much for the kind words! Very happy to know people are benefiting from this!

InvisiblePsittacina
Stranger

Loc: 90°S 0°W / 90°S ...
    #17863280 - 02/25/13 01:21 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Well-written and informative guide, a good read! I'll definitely keep these points in mind for my first experience.

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Psittacina] * 1
    #17863627 - 02/25/13 02:30 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Why isn't this stickied? ALOT of people could obviously use this

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

Offlinewoz

Loc: Africa
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: LysergicX7]
    #17867365 - 02/26/13 02:57 AM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Great write up dwpineal... I made my brother in law read this before his first trip last weekend. The next day he said 'nothing could have prepare me for that... but it would have been expoentially harder to handle without reading that advise'.

Nice.

--------------------
You are the one who was the one who is the one!

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: woz]
    #17867599 - 02/26/13 05:35 AM (11 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

woz said:
nothing could have prepare me for that...

Exactly! That in essence does capture a major element. I mean the write up is basically a review of some basic set-up, but what goes on in someone's mind - well, truly, nothing you read will be able to prepare you, since you end up thinking in totally new ways, love the quote tho, thanks!

Offlinetwinferga
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18155406 - 04/23/13 01:17 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome read.

Thanks a lot!

Offlinepointy

#27153173 - 01/17/21 10:29 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the valuable information!

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: pointy]
    #27153266 - 01/17/21 11:24 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I am excited for you OP!  :mushroom2:

Tips hu?  I'll cut straight to the chase...:heart:

Invigorate yourself to resolve all dualistic tendencies via non-doing during the trip!  Its a great state for it & can lead to deep cathartic release, an impeccable bliss, non-dual knowledge & pure-vision.

That's one of many things you can try while tripping.  However, the spontaneity of the psychedelic experience can sometimes lead one to completely abandon any & all premade trip itineraries.  And that can be a very good thing in and of itself!  The mystery of it all is half the intrigue.

Also, Getting completely naked and laying in the grass under the stars for hours with the rest of the creatures of the earth is always enchanting.

:cheers:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (01/17/21 11:46 AM)

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27154174 - 01/17/21 08:08 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

So i uses be scared to try acid iv allways heard the horror stories on tripping for ever an all that bs.

Before acid i had plenty of experience with mushrooms an tripping an knowing how to control my self during a powerful tripp.

Well a buddy at work kept on talking about how he had these amazing white fluff blue pyramid gell tabs.

So i said screw it i got a few from him an one day i decided to go to my neighbors for a cook out an decided to try one out. 

I was pretty nervous i wont lie but down the hatch she went.  With in 30 mins i could feel this rushed of engergy coming on an the first thing i notice was how much brighter things were an more vibrant.  Fwith in about an hour i was peeking good. I was seeing those really cool floating patterns that look 3d an hovering it was like geometric. If i looked at objects long enough they would almost look like there moving on me. I found it rather fascinating an pretty dam smooth. 

Since then acid has been my favorite i love every thing about it especially the nice long tripps i enjoy those so much..its like mini vacation for your minde.

Offlinepointy

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27162065 - 01/21/21 06:01 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I used your tips in my first LSD trip, it was before 3 days ago. I really enjoyed a lot and it was a life changing experience!! Thanks

Edited by pointy (01/21/21 06:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale