Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThrakmar
Stranger
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: dwpineal]
    #16051839 - 04/06/12 08:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I made an account simply to say that this thread is amazing. Thank you dwpineal for this wealth of useful information.

I'm about to venture into my first trip and have taken note of everything here :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Thrakmar]
    #16051896 - 04/06/12 09:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:awethumb:

Wow thanks! Really appreciate that, and Welcome to the community, I think you will find this place is amazing (if not a little addicting :smile: )

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #16053005 - 04/06/12 02:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The only thing I would change about this is the empty stomach situation. a big portion of bad trips happen because of low blood sugar, so if you eat let's say mushrooms on an empty stomach make sure to eat something afterwards so that you don't end up getting too uncomfortable or passing out.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

InvisibleFallenSpartan
His Dudeness

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend]
    #16053016 - 04/06/12 02:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Or drink mt dew lol  ...ton of sugar but no nutrients obviously

--------------------
*On this forum I act out the fictitious role of a mushroom enthusiast. All posts made by me on this forum are strictly for role playing & educational purposes only. All pictures were obtained from my pen pal in the British Virgin Islands where the cultivation of psilocybe cubensis is legal, openly on the internet without rights restrictions, or from other private forum boards with the authors permission.*

Offline2row
Fermenter

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: FallenSpartan]
    #16053079 - 04/06/12 02:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Great write up.

I like the part about no $ transactions. Im usually pretty good with his and have gotten pretty used to transit machines and 7-11 type places tripping.

But one time I was at a picnic/concert/food-fest type deal on LSD and you had to exchange you $ for tickets. I hated it. I was holding up lines all over tying to figure out what this dish or that beer cost in actual $.

--------------------
You've got to go thru the meat locker to get to the bliss fountain.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend] * 1
    #16057685 - 04/07/12 04:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:
The only thing I would change about this is the empty stomach situation. a big portion of bad trips happen because of low blood sugar, so if you eat let's say mushrooms on an empty stomach make sure to eat something afterwards so that you don't end up getting too uncomfortable or passing out.

Good idea, I actually meant to say something to the effect of "wait 2-3 hours after eating before taking your substance" as opposed to fasting all day or something like that...
What do you all this about this edit;

10. Empty Stomach
It is recommended to have an empty stomach before taking a psychedelic. This is because if you have a full stomach, it may take the psychedelic a long time to move into your system if it is sitting on top of a lot of undigested foods. This would mean that the effects will most likely be lessened because of the slow absorption into your body. This is more true for mushrooms than it is for LSD, since LSD can be mostly dissolved in the mouth. This means to usually wait 2-3 hours after eating your last meal prior to eating the psychedelic substance.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Choix Sinaloa]
    #16057722 - 04/07/12 04:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Choix Sinaloa said:
awesome!

i want to stick my dick right into your sig.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBIGS
Connoisseur

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16317927 - 06/01/12 03:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Defiantly a good read for a first timer. Pulled alot of good info and tips from this. Thank you!

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: BIGS]
    #16318228 - 06/01/12 05:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Great to see someone on the boards doing psychedelic harm reduction. :thumbup:

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Offlineesspapier
Male

#16414043 - 06/21/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

wow nice thank you for this thread. very helpful it gave me food for thought

--------------------
Listen
Smile
Dance

OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Legend] * 1
    #16414894 - 06/21/12 02:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:

Agreed. On some of my first trips i would be on an empty stomach and I would start to feel extremely strange when I would begin to peak and I couldn't figure out why. I would get extremely tired and feel very weak. Id also get kinda shakey too. Not fun while tripping.

My personal word of advice would be to start with a low dose your first time to get a feel for it. You don't know how potent your LSD, mushrooms, etc may be and overdoing It can lead to some scary experiences. I thought an 1/8 of shrooms was a low dose first time I did em, but it really just depends on the potency, strain, and all that. maybe start out with a gram or half eighth,  or like a half a hit of LSD if it is supposed to be very strong blotters. That's just my 2 cents.

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: TurkeyTom]
    #16416142 - 06/21/12 05:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

always know your own bodychemistry, not everyone reacts the same way to drugs. This is one thing i can't stress enough to people doing drugs.

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#16416883 - 06/21/12 08:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

About how long before the trip would you have eaten when you were feeling shaky?

I did make a change after Legit27's comment to put in that you should not eat about 2-3 hours before dosing - I think this is probably only an issue with mushrooms, as opposed to LSD. With mushrooms, I find if I eat too soon before dosing, they don't absorb all at one time and the effects are definitely diminished to some degree. For me it seems to work better if I wait about 2-3 hours from last time I ate, so this is interesting and I would be curious to know what others think as well. Could just be me...

OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

#16416987 - 06/21/12 08:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
About how long before the trip would you have eaten when you were feeling shaky?

I did make a change after Legit27's comment to put in that you should not eat about 2-3 hours before dosing - I think this is probably only an issue with mushrooms, as opposed to LSD. With mushrooms, I find if I eat too soon before dosing, they don't absorb all at one time and the effects are definitely diminished to some degree. For me it seems to work better if I wait about 2-3 hours from last time I ate, so this is interesting and I would be curious to know what others think as well. Could just be me...

Tbh I'm not too sure. I noticed it the most though on a trip a week and a half ago, probably my 6th LSD trip ever. It was a low dose (half of a strong blotter ) and as I was peaking I felt super weak and a lil shakey. I have heard LSD can cause your blood sugar to drop though so I ate something which helped a lot. I think it had probably been a good 6 hours or so since I had eaten, but I'm not sure what I had that day. I also took my pulse and it was at 96 bpm, whereas when sober its around 63. Not sure but that may have been part of the issue?

Either way I learned from that and ate about 1 1/2 hours before I dosed again this last Sunday night, and noticed no weakness or shaking, it was a great trip.

Edited by TurkeyTom (06/21/12 08:52 PM)

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#16419191 - 06/22/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:awethumb:

Great info, thanks!

I've noticed that if I eat my dose first, then wait 10+ minutes, I can eat and not have a problem. But with LSD I don't think it is really much of an issue - I just think it is mostly with Mushrooms, as they sit on top of the food you just ate in your stomach and that increases the time it takes for everything to move into your bloodstream...with LSD, I keep it in my mouth for a long time, so it is mostly absorbed that way...I also think not eating for 2-3 hours before the trip has helped with any stomach-uneasiness (I have a sensitive stomach, but psychedelics rarely if ever bother me...).

Also I like to eat things like salad or living foods, before or during a trip, I get kinda turned off by things like pizza, and a lot of cooked foods in general when I'm tripping...

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

#16419229 - 06/22/12 07:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

IME it's best to eat them once you get hungry/feel appetite. That's usually 4 hours after my last meal for me.

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16419264 - 06/22/12 07:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh that is an interesting thought - kind of like your body is now ready to begin digesting something, so it is already in gear...love it, thanks!

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16419293 - 06/22/12 07:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Moreover, it's always a good idea to drink some good juice (pop also works, but is not as good usually) once in a while. I work in a harm reduction project and that's what I usually advise to keep blood sugar levels high. Eating fruit also helps and they sometimes make for a good trip toy.

Plus good juice tastes awesome on psychs.

There are people out there that fast for 12 hours, eat mushrooms, stay in the sun all day long, don't drink anything and then they wonder why they pass out, have spasms or seizures. Know your drug, know your body, know your mind. :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinethe_student
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17729203 - 02/01/13 09:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

neat

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Re: Tips For Your First Trip / Psychedelic Experience [Re: the_student]
    #17729680 - 02/01/13 10:54 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the_student said:
neat

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains