Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
How many cc's per pint of WBS?
    #1339945 - 02/27/03 07:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF wanted to know if someone could post a link or explain how many cc's of a spore syringe should be used per pint of WBS and where it should be inoculated.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (02/27/03 08:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: motaman]
    #1339963 - 02/27/03 08:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm assuming that you're using polyfil. If you aren't, then that's something you need to state. Anyway, if you are indeed using polyfil, inoculate ~1 cc of spore solution through your center hole (the one that the polyfil is stuffed in). I used ~1 cc for my quart jars and they were finished in 12 days. Also, I'd suggest using quarts instead of pints, unless you just had the pints laying around and don't want to spend money for the quarts.

P.S. -- If you need a polyfil tek, here's one.

--------------------
ha

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1339966 - 02/27/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

1-2 cc's works for my friend. After inoculation you should shake the shit out the jar to distribute the spores. Where you inject does not matter.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1339970 - 02/27/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

can you explain why the polyfill is so important to this? i have used tyvek. how would that alter your equation? also, i have used anywhere from 2cc's to 6cc's per quart with no adverse effects.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1339976 - 02/27/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes he happens to have pints and hasen't had time to pick up quarts.He will be using. micropore tape to cover the holes. Should it be inoculated directly in center or does it not make a difference. He has only done PF Cakes in the past and was wondering where in jar they should be inoculated if it even makes a difference with WBS.

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1339978 - 02/27/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was about to ask the same question.  :grin: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: dog]
    #1339982 - 02/27/03 08:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He thought that it didnt make a difference due to shaking but wasn't sure. He says thanks.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1339984 - 02/27/03 08:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

your going to need a rather large hole(s) (relative to PF tek) for the proper air exchange for WBS. it is recomended that you use a .5" hole (for a quart, i can't speak for pints) fitted with your choice of filter material.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1340203 - 02/27/03 09:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My foaf uses two 1/4 inch holes in each lid.

Tyvek under the lid & coffee filters over the lid & jar top.

When you innoc, remove coffee filters & simply twist lid 1/4 turn open (that moves the hole in the lid), then innoc through it. So long as you get some spores into it, how much doesnt really matter ( 3 or 4...............1/2 cc squirts, spread out).

Then twist lid back on tight (that moves the lid hole, away from the innoc hole in the Tyvek, under it) & add coffee filters back on.

6T (aka Mycota)

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: SixTango]
    #1340259 - 02/27/03 09:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks 6T My friend is going to use your TEK for preparing th WBS.

--------------------

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1341601 - 02/27/03 08:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like polyfil was the only way. My mistake. (I think) any proven method is fine, it's just that I only have experience with polyfil and so I told him what I know. I'd love for you to tell him what you know however, as you seem to have much more experience than I do (read: no sarcasm, that comment is completely sincere, and a fact as far as I know) -- it would help me out too! Thanks, sorry to all if I caused any confusion.

--------------------
ha

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1341866 - 02/28/03 01:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it is refreshing to see someone relate their own experiences and not just regurgitate what they've read. everybody has their own methods which is the great thing about this hobby. 6T has a great idea for lids: Clicky Clicky
I have used the following method: Cut two tyvek circles to fit in a regular (wide?) mouth lid. Take the metal lid and drill a .5" hole in the center and punch a nail hole (big enough for a syringe needle) elsewhere in the lid. Take a sharpie marker and outline the nail hole (you will need to be able to see the hole through the tyvek, learned this the hard way). When you assemble the lid sandwich the metal lid between the 2 tyvek circles and screw on normally. PC the grain as usual. When you inoculate locate the nail hole visually and stick the syringe through both layers of tyvek. Have duct tape squares already cut and handy. Shoot in however much inoculant you want (i have used anywhere between 2-6cc's depending on how much grain is in the jar). As soon as the needle has been removed cover the hole with a duct tape square. A flowhood is good to 100% guarantee nothing falls in this hole in that split second the hole is open, really this is not a problem though given you are working in a clean area/air. I have always kept the foil i used during PCing to cover the lids after inoculation and leave it there during incubation. 6T achieves the same effect (guaranteed sterility and lessened dehydration) with coffee filters. As you can read above he also rotates the two holes away from each other. Not a bad idea, just I don't find it necessary with my technique. Again, YOUR way is probably the best way as long as it is working for YOU because YOU are comfortable with it. Personally, i think the link above concerning the permanent jar lid filter may well be the ultimate, foolproof lid tek.

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
    #1342148 - 02/28/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Two questions to continue this discussion of lids.

1. If you ure the polyfill idea (and this may be a stupid question), how do you get the needle through the polyfil filled hole? Reading the tek, it says that the polyfil should be a tight fight into the hole. So how do you fit the needle through the tight hole without messing up the seal?

2. When squriting the spore solution into the jar, do you have to get the needle down into the substrate, or if you just squrit it on top will that do the trick?

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: OKKuato]
    #1342226 - 02/28/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

1. don't worry about it, it re-seals. if you get it *that* tight, even air won't get in, defeating the purpose.

2. on top is okay. after all, you're going to shake it. but i suggest aiming for the sides of the jar to get the "run-down" along the grain/glass contact.

my mom only uses one layer of tyvek between lid and jar but tapes the hole and wraps aluminum foil before PC. no contams so far but being more careful couldn't hurt.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
Re: How many cc's per pint of WBS? [Re: Bilge]
    #1342301 - 02/28/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thank You very much!

Peace

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom