Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineconan
Alternate Internet Ego
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Goddamn back problems. Show me sum support stories. [Re: Rhapsode] * 1
    #13406410 - 10/29/10 02:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Chiropractor visit for sure OP. My back and health in general have changed so much since going to my chiropractor I've decided after I finish my undergrad in neurobiology in spring '12 I'm going to chiropractic school.

I also work as a nurse aide in an inpatient rehabilitation hospital and I see people come through all the time with harrington rods etc and they NEVER are relieved from pain. I would explore every single option available before choosing such a drastic procedure.

There are good chiropractors and bad ones, just like good and bad MD's. I personally think any MD who doesn't recommend a chiropractor appointment when you come in for back pain is a fucking quack. They don't give a shit about your back pain, they'd rather have you chronically injured for return visits.

Find a good chiro through word of mouth/reviews and pay that motherfucker to push your herniated disks back in place. Even if it takes 50 appointments to get fully aligned it will be drastically cheaper than invasive surgery, you will be better off than if you had surgery, and you will have discovered the importance of a real healer.

--------------------
Be Here Now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Goddamn back problems. Show me sum support stories. [Re: conan]
    #13407381 - 10/29/10 05:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:handth:

Well said

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineBipolarbear
Stranger with candy
 User Gallery

Re: Goddamn back problems. Show me sum support stories. [Re: CounterCulturest]
    #13407437 - 10/29/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CounterCulturest said:
Quote:

Bipolarbear said:
Quote:

niteowl said:
If anyone is having back issues I highly recommend seeing a chiropractor :super:

I had to start going to a chiropractor when I was 14 because my back was so screwed up.  They give you the most temporary relief and they do nothing to really correct your back.  I started going to a physical therapist in college and they changed my life.  With physical therapy I really was able to get into the root of my back problem and work on it.  My back is still screwed up and always will be.  It's a daily battle to stretch it out but the exercises I learned from PT were far better than what my chiropractors had to offer. 

Now I don't even go to either.  I do yoga about 6 times a week and that is what keeps my back in check.

Hey man tell me more. Really. I don't have insurance for about two more months so I have some time to think about what I wanna do. I have been going to the chiro for quite a while. It helps for sure but like someone above mentioned, it seems nothing but temporary.

So physical therapy really helped huh ? How much did it run you money wise ? Hey you should spend like 5 minutes and tell me more info. I would really appreciate it.

Yoga huh ? what's your routine like ?

God I heard that like 1/3 people suffer from back problems. damn they need to get on top of some spine technology.

Sure thing.  Physical therapy helped me a whole bunch.  It probably will run you the same cost as a chiropractor will.  The biggest thing I got from it was a HUGE increase in flexibility.  I had never realized I was so stiff until I started going there.  My thighs/quads were so damn tight that all the shocks from just normal walking which are supposed to settle into your legs were going into my spine because of the lack of flexibility in my thighs.  We started a whole regimen to stretch out my legs and open my hips so I could gain some flexibility there.  In doing so, all the pain I would normally get that settled into my lower back would go where it was supposed to into my legs.  Not pain mind you, just the stress from day to day movement. 

Now that I gained so much flexibility in my hips and legs I hardly get back pain anymore.  Usually when I wake up in the morning I feel stiff but I just stretch out real quick and it goes away.  I do yoga all the time now and that stretches your legs and your hips and your back and I don't need PT or a chiropractor.  It's all about allowing the normal day to day wear to go where it is supposed to go.  Think of it like a blocked waterway where you if block it off here then the water itself won't stop and will just continue to go into somewhere else.  That is what my practically lifelong back pain has been like.  Stifled, too tight muscles that were sending all the sensations it was supposed to be absorbing into my back where it was never meant to go. 

My advice is start doing some stretches that open your hips.  It doesn't even take that long to gain a good amount of flexibility.  Now I can bend down and put the palm of my hands flat on the ground without bending my knees whereas before I could only just reach my knees.

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: Goddamn back problems. Show me sum support stories. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13407600 - 10/29/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

CounterCulturest said:
Ironically I was bending over to pick up a bottle to recycle it.

I bent over to pick up an empty 5gal fish tank, didnt even get my hands on
it and I got a sharp pain in my back, it kept me laid up for about 3 days,
it's the only time I've had any sort of back injury and based on that I
feel for anyone that has any sort of constant or recurring pain, I pulled
a lot of stupid stunts in my youth that I'm paying for now and my pain
management regiment mostly includes 'deal with it'

overall, I've been very lucky

After that initial 3 days of being layed up, did it take quite a while to get back into your zone or what ? It blows my mind how bending down correctly can cause such a disaster. But when Im lifting heavy shit the wrong way it always seems to work out. I don't understand it.

InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: Goddamn back problems. Show me sum support stories. [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #13411524 - 10/30/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JesusGoneRogue said:
I was Tboned by an old Chevy going 65. I was driving a honda civic. Was in a coma for a month and a half. 4 month stay in the hospital  including the rehabilatation hospital. my lungs were crushed. All my ribs on left side were broken in more than one place. some on the right. heart was bruised. liver was torn up. spleen was in such bad condition it hadda be removed. fractures all over my body. broke my pelvis and tailbone as well. damn what else. The hospital stay was one big bad trip. all the drugs they had me on were making me hallucinate. like shroom hallucinating. i was basically a baby all over again. And on top of that i had a trake in my throat and couldnt eat or drink for the longest time. one hallucination that was particularly funny was that i thought i was a spider munching on a juicy apple. funny now. at the time. unimaginable torture. i would beg my poor father to drip water in my mouth. i feel bad for putting him in that situation.

so demeaning having to be cleaned when you shit yourself. not to mention some nurses were abusive and left me in my shit for hours.  had to learn to walk again. I have nerve damage in my leg so i walk with a limp like an old school pimp. it's called foot drop. might come back might not. my left hand which was completely useless from nerve damage as well, has since healed. and for the longest time since i was out of the hospital i would have random bouts of SEVERE back pain that would last all night. pain so intense that i would puke. cry on the floor like a baby for hours writhing in pain. one week i could eat no food for three days. even drinking water would cause me to vomit. random shocks of pain in my foot at all hours of the day which is hopefully my nerves growing back. i know pain. i know pain more than anything else.

Dude I can't even imagine that. My hands just got sweaty reading that story. Life is delicate, im sure you understand that VERY well by now right ?

OfflineSMPSNtheserious
Puppy strangler
Male

Re: Goddamn back problems. Show me sum support stories. [Re: conan]
    #17788862 - 02/12/13 11:51 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Smoothie diet will bring down the weight that your stomach is putting on your spine. Yoga, meditation, stretching, and back exercises that don't require strenuous back bending. I've got spondylolisthesis so I know the deal.

--------------------
You're on the right path, but are you paving it fast enough?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder