Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineburntoutstarzzz
i love poop

Loc: The cracks of doom
Gymnopilus aeruginosus cultivation?
    #1339598 - 02/27/03 05:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm really curious about growing this species and I was wondering if anyone here has tried growing them and knew the growing specifications. If anyone can tell me the proper incubation temps, fruiting temps, and proper humidity for primordia formation and cropping it would be forever helpful. I was planing on growing them out on alder sawdust and chips in either a homemade mycobag or in quart jars. Does anyone know if its possible to initially grow them out on rye berrys and then use that as spawn for woodchips. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
if logical reasoning cant fix your problems then for sure captn morgans will know how to solve them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Gymnopilus aeruginosus cultivation? [Re: burntoutstarzzz]
    #1339611 - 02/27/03 05:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

From what I understood from workman - they were fruited at the same parameters as cubensis. A wood based substrate was used though.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineburntoutstarzzz
i love poop

Loc: The cracks of doom
Re: Gymnopilus aeruginosus cultivation? [Re: Raadt]
    #1339649 - 02/27/03 05:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the reply and the good news. this should make it really easy to fruit them in the same grow chamber alongside cubes. Do you think a multispore innoculation on to sawdust and woodchips would work or should I try to isolate a strain on agar and use that to innoculate the woodchips and sawdust?

--------------------
if logical reasoning cant fix your problems then for sure captn morgans will know how to solve them.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Gymnopilus aeruginosus cultivation? [Re: burntoutstarzzz]
    #1340545 - 02/27/03 11:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would go multispore to grain, at least - don't know if MS to chips would be fast - never heard of anyone doing it really. Isolation might help - but again agar -> grain or supplemented sawdust spawn.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1343363 - 02/28/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Id probably go with an isolate if you can, but i cant see why multispore wouldnt work.
Im actually trying to grow three other gyms at the moment: gymnopilus spectabilis, purpuratus and luteofolius using similar methods to those outline by workman - wish me luck.

--------------------

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Gymnopilus aeruginosus cultivation? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1344654 - 03/01/03 08:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

very similar to cubes, but every stage is about twice as long, so if your cubes take 1 month from spores to shrooms, its gonna take two months. Im starting up the same grow soon, gonna spawn a Lot of woodchips with colonized grain, then use at least 1/2 for an outside bed. These are the trippiest colored mushrooms out there...

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: Gymnopilus aeruginosus cultivation? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1344960 - 03/01/03 11:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I too am working on Luteofolius, how is that going for you? my isolate is extremely linear ;( i can't seem to get rhizomorphs, it might be because i'm not supplementing my agar with any wood, though.

--------------------
Raadt

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1345644 - 03/01/03 06:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I just literally streaked that two night ago, so no signs of life there. Purp. and Spect. both tend to have rather strange mycelia, wispy and not rhizomorphic in the literal sense. Ill post some pics on Tuesday.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate