Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Concerning the marketplace
    #1339266 - 02/27/03 04:20 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

If we are gonna mesh everything together I'd like to suggest that we make certain popular threads sticky. I nominate the "VVVV free print thread" for sure and think that the good/bad trader list should be stuck as well. Any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: Concerning the marketplace [Re: debianlinux]
    #1339546 - 02/27/03 06:58 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

if they're that popular they'll be near the top anyway.

sticky threads are for things that aren't popular to reply to but need to be read.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Concerning the marketplace [Re: Captain Jack]
    #1339585 - 02/27/03 07:14 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

if they're that popular they'll be near the top anyway.

i'd step out on a limb and say that the VVVVV thread IS the MOST popular thread in that forum and probably will NEVER end. with the glut of additional posts it will easily fall off the 1st page and what is the point in bumping it all the time? there was a suggestion to sticky a post concerning the FSR for noobs, having this post sticky would serve the same purpose more or less. makes sense to me, but hey, my logic seems to never coincide much with anybody else's especially the administration.
Quote:

sticky threads are for things that aren't popular to reply to but need to be read

would that not define the good/bad trader posts? again, maybe my logic fails you.

Edited by debianlinux (02/27/03 07:16 AM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1339711 - 02/27/03 08:13 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

We don't want the forum cluttered with stickies - but we're working on getting links to important threads in the two policy threads that exist. There is already a link to the Good Traders post in Rule #9 of the General Marketplace Rules - and I've asked Pj to put in a link to the List of Bad Traders post as well.

In time, we will also be compiling a list of prohibited items that are often attempted to be sold.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1339742 - 02/27/03 08:31 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

i'd step out on a limb and say that the VVVVV thread IS the MOST popular thread in that forum and probably will NEVER end. with the glut of additional posts it will easily fall off the 1st page and what is the point in bumping it all the time? there was a suggestion to sticky a post concerning the FSR for noobs, having this post sticky would serve the same purpose more or less. makes sense to me, but hey, my logic seems to never coincide much with anybody else's especially the administration.

Hey, I posted those two ideas :laugh:  I can see how 1 sticky would be much worse than newbies continuing to create threads for free handouts only to have a vet kindly link them to a FSR...over and over and over again.

Those stickies are such a distraction and nuisance...we'd hate to benefit from them!!! :wink: 

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#1340321 - 02/27/03 11:47 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

again, maybe my logic fails you.

yes, you are the smartest man in the history of the universe and all.
and you've got that monster sized cock.
i'm going to kill myself based on relative inadequacy.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

#1340355 - 02/27/03 11:59 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Shame on you! You should already know that there is a link to the good traders post in the rules so no need for a sticky. You would know that if you had read them! Go read them!

(the FSR point was brought up in another post so I thought I would mention it here as well)

I would agree that putting the FSR info as a sticky post would be a good idea.... except that the FSR's are always dangerously low on prints. I think if we made the info sticky then they would be constantly out of prints.

Sure it would make it extra special easy on the newbies but it isn't as if the information isn't out there. Any newbie that has spent any kind of time doing any type of research on this site should know about it. I'd rather see those newbies have access to the FSR's stocked with prints then the ones who don't bother using up all the prints and have no one have access to the FSR. Wouldn't you?

If there FSRs received more donations that wouldn't be an issue but in reality they dont and it is.

Edited by Karen (02/27/03 12:00 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback